Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If I were a big UK fan, I would want them to go after...

Featured Replies

  • Replies 46
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rick Pitino and John Calipari

 

:laugh:

 

 

You wish! Coach Pitino isn't going anywhere, except to the Final Four with UofL.

 

:dancingpa

Dan "Da Man" Issel

Wright, would be up there, but I'm going Sean Miller all day....

I don't think Rick Pitino wants it. UK should at least ask though.

 

They should ask Calipari as well.

How old is Pat Riley now. Just a thought. It would be awesome.

All mentioned would be very adequate replacements, however, I do not see why people cannot be foaming over the mouth wanting Calipari. He has taken a lot of heat on this board for his so called "shady" antics, but truth be told he has never had sanctions or anything close to that. So for those who despise the idea hear me out.

 

Say Calipari (if even interested) takes the job. He could come in right away and be that big hollywood name that would fit and put an end to this circus. Then if you think about it who would really want to go to a Cal-less Memphis. Cal has landed two of the top three players in the nation for next year in DeMarcus Cousins and Xavier Henry, both of which who had UK either on their long or short list. If Cal left they could easily get out of their LOI and follow him to Kentucky because with Calipari and his situation 95% of kids come because of him and not because of Memphis. Okay this with Orton, Hood coming in along with Patterson and Meeks returning, then omg you may be looking at a National Championship contender. That would leave Patterson and Cousins down low (Cousins who can pepper the jay shot as well), whoever at the three maybe Miller, then run Meeks and Henry. Now thats a starting five. Then you have depth with guys such as Orton, Hood, Liggins, Galloway, Stephenson, and Harris coming off the bench. So why wouldnt a Kentucky fan get jacked about the possibility of this even happening. Until this circus has came to a conclusion I am pulling for Jon Cal all the way. IMO he is the guy who can restore the program the fastest, and also keep a team adequate to UK's fans standards on a yearly basis.

I'd throw the bank at Jay Wright...

 

:thumb:

Calipari is the only logical choice.

 

 

Apparently he's already said he isn't interested.

So who is "interested"?

Bobby Lutz

 

When UofL was in CUSA I always had a great respect for his teams.

All mentioned would be very adequate replacements, however, I do not see why people cannot be foaming over the mouth wanting Calipari. He has taken a lot of heat on this board for his so called "shady" antics, but truth be told he has never had sanctions or anything close to that. So for those who despise the idea hear me out.

 

Say Calipari (if even interested) takes the job. He could come in right away and be that big hollywood name that would fit and put an end to this circus. Then if you think about it who would really want to go to a Cal-less Memphis. Cal has landed two of the top three players in the nation for next year in DeMarcus Cousins and Xavier Henry, both of which who had UK either on their long or short list. If Cal left they could easily get out of their LOI and follow him to Kentucky because with Calipari and his situation 95% of kids come because of him and not because of Memphis. Okay this with Orton, Hood coming in along with Patterson and Meeks returning, then omg you may be looking at a National Championship contender. That would leave Patterson and Cousins down low (Cousins who can pepper the jay shot as well), whoever at the three maybe Miller, then run Meeks and Henry. Now thats a starting five. Then you have depth with guys such as Orton, Hood, Liggins, Galloway, Stephenson, and Harris coming off the bench. So why wouldnt a Kentucky fan get jacked about the possibility of this even happening. Until this circus has came to a conclusion I am pulling for Jon Cal all the way. IMO he is the guy who can restore the program the fastest, and also keep a team adequate to UK's fans standards on a yearly basis.

 

 

:thumb: Good post, and I agree Calipari is the most logical choice.

I'd throw the bank at Jay Wright...

 

That is the man I want for the job. Love the job he does at Nova.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

that is the man I want for the job. Love the job he does at Nova.

No way he'd take it, but I'd try and try again...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.