Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If I were a big UK fan, I would want them to go after...

Featured Replies

No way he'd take it, but I'd try and try again...

 

Just curious as to what you are basing this comment on? Have you spoken with him personally about it?

  • Replies 46
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just curious as to what you are basing this comment on? Have you spoken with him personally about it?

 

I think Wright is a Philly guy. He's got the best job in the New York City area when it comes to location and available talent. And he can definitely win a championship there. What more could a coach ask for?

Just curious as to what you are basing this comment on? Have you spoken with him personally about it?

 

He's a Philly guy, loves the city and really loves his job and the people he works for. He's at what would be called his "dream job" and I just don't see him leaving...

:laugh:

 

 

You wish! Coach Pitino isn't going anywhere, except to the Final Four with UofL.

 

:dancingpa

Pitino will be out of the tourny tonight and in Lexington Sunday to meet with Todd and Barnhart.

Pitino will be out of the tourny tonight and in Lexington Sunday to meet with Todd and Barnhart.

 

That would be nice, but I am not going to hold my breath on it.

OK, here is my thought. I went thru this and learned a lot.

 

First take your time, no need to sign someone this weekend. Let things settle a little maybe wait until the final game has been played.

 

Mitch needs to talk to former players, coaches, ADs etc.

 

Don't let a coach tell you NO. Everybody dogged up Coach Saban because he told people he wasn't going anywhere...He lied to the Fins and the NFL. Well he didn't lie to anyone, he wasn't leaving the Fins until he had a face to face with AD Mal Moore. Mal changed Coach Saban and wife Terri minds and then he changed his mind and left.

 

When Mitch finds the right "Fit" don't take No for an answer. Pay the man and sign him. We paid Saban $4 mil, but made $32 mil that year in football revenue only. The school is Kentucky, go into the meetings with that mindset, heck let me go with you.

 

Look in the pros, find someone with experince with recruiting/well know name/is not a nomad.

 

Someone says no thru their AD tell them I still want to meet, hear me out. This next hire might cost himself his job.

OK, here is my thought. I went thru this and learned a lot.

 

First take your time, no need to sign someone this weekend. Let things settle a little maybe wait until the final game has been played.

 

Mitch needs to talk to former players, coaches, ADs etc.

 

Don't let a coach tell you NO. Everybody dogged up Coach Saban because he told people he wasn't going anywhere...He lied to the Fins and the NFL. Well he didn't lie to anyone, he wasn't leaving the Fins until he had a face to face with AD Mal Moore. Mal changed Coach Saban and wife Terri minds and then he changed his mind and left.

 

When Mitch finds the right "Fit" don't take No for an answer. Pay the man and sign him. We paid Saban $4 mil, but made $32 mil that year in football revenue only. The school is Kentucky, go into the meetings with that mindset, heck let me go with you.

 

Look in the pros, find someone with experince with recruiting/well know name/is not a nomad.

 

Someone says no thru their AD tell them I still want to meet, hear me out. This next hire might cost himself his job.

 

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Right on Post Larry. The nail's head is gone.

I think it would be very difficult for Wright to leave all of those burger boys.

Any AD would be a fool not to pursue Rick Pitino. As a fan, I believe he is the most complete coach in the college game.

What about Capel? Any chance?

 

A Dukie. I would stop rooting for UK. That would be a slap in the face. I'd be more of a UC fan if that were to happen.

OK, here is my thought. I went thru this and learned a lot.

 

First take your time, no need to sign someone this weekend. Let things settle a little maybe wait until the final game has been played.

 

Mitch needs to talk to former players, coaches, ADs etc.

 

Don't let a coach tell you NO. Everybody dogged up Coach Saban because he told people he wasn't going anywhere...He lied to the Fins and the NFL. Well he didn't lie to anyone, he wasn't leaving the Fins until he had a face to face with AD Mal Moore. Mal changed Coach Saban and wife Terri minds and then he changed his mind and left.

 

When Mitch finds the right "Fit" don't take No for an answer. Pay the man and sign him. We paid Saban $4 mil, but made $32 mil that year in football revenue only. The school is Kentucky, go into the meetings with that mindset, heck let me go with you.

 

Look in the pros, find someone with experince with recruiting/well know name/is not a nomad.

 

Someone says no thru their AD tell them I still want to meet, hear me out. This next hire might cost himself his job.

 

 

Great post! :thumb:

 

I think you're just thrilled because of who Bama got for their hoops program. Grant is a GREAT hire for the Crimson Tide.

A Dukie. I would stop rooting for UK. That would be a slap in the face. I'd be more of a UC fan if that were to happen.
A slap in the face? How so?
A slap in the face? How so?

 

To me it would be that UK has been to an Elite 8 more recent than Duke. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.