Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Travis Ford...

Featured Replies

LOL

Elevated entire athletic program.

Hoops thing is not working out so well, but Lee Todd is culpable in this as well.

A lot of things out there and will likely be said on back-channels, because there will be a non-disclosure deal likely when the two parties split.

Lee Todd met with BCG on Friday.

Next coach has been pretty much selected...the rest is just left to timing.

 

As for Ford he and his daddy have burned a lot of bridges in KY....

 

So as of right now, do you see BG coaching at UK next season ?

  • Replies 114
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the silence is deafening as far as BCG. Sure seems like someone would've stepped up by now and said he will be back next year, but no one has.

He went as far in the tournament in his first year as Tubby Smith did the last two he was at KY. As a matter of fact, he made it farther in his first year then Tubby did this year. Just pointing that out.

 

 

True. But the OK St program was in MUCH better shape than Minnesota.

  • Author

I have heard additional information this morning. You can scratch Travis Ford off the list :thumb:

Coach Ford is a great coach, don't know if he is ready for a uk caliber program just yet though. I really like his dad Eddie, but causes a lot of problems for Travis, I hope it doesn't cause not to get a job.

  • Author

In unrelated news, I hear that Virginia is trying to lure Tubby Smith to the ACC...

If i've learned anything the last two years, its to take what people on message boards with "sources close to the program" say, and expect the exact opposite to happen. Most of these sources are a joke, everyone knows a friend of a friend of some guy who used to tape practice.

I have heard additional information this morning. You can scratch Travis Ford off the list :thumb:

 

Haven't some of us been saying that for awhile now?

If i've learned anything the last two years, its to take what people on message boards with "sources close to the program" say, and expect the exact opposite to happen. Most of these sources are a joke, everyone knows a friend of a friend of some guy who used to tape practice.
Luckily on this board we have two people who actually do have sources. Or they could maybe even be considered sources themselves. :sssh:
Haven't some of us been saying that for awhile now?
:lol: :lol:

 

He was actually never on my list.

He is not coaching for the UK job right now but he is trying to build her resume for the future.

As much as I like Travis Ford he wouldn't work out because of our fans. What people fail to realize is that in his 12 years of coaching he has only had a winning season 6 of those years, and two of those years happened at NAIA Campbellsville. That is only 50% of the time he wins and CatNation ran off Tubby Smith and he was winning 20 games a year. Don't get me wrong I would love to see Ford here but fans would get restless. Point in case they are restless of BCG after two years.

The guy was Co Coach of the year just last year, 1 year later you Cat Fans are talking about other coaches coming in. Sounds like some of our fans 2001-2007.

 

You don't fire a coach after 2 years, but who listens to me.

 

 

 

:clap::clap::clap:

 

I agree!! Just last year fans were amazed at how he turned the year around with "Tubby Talent" and were praising his name. Now, after a subpar year (WITHOUT A POINT GUARD) the fans are screaming for his head. It's completely ridiculous and it's the biggest reason why people are laughing at us all around the country and why many coaches prolly don't want to come here. IT"S UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS PEOPLE!!!!!!!! I really can't believe that some people from the same place as I can be so naive and judgemental. The unrealistic people who call themselves fans are only UK critics, not UK fans!! I hope that if BCG is let go that it is because of his off court issues and not on court performance. We have all heard the rumors on BCG but that's all they are, RUMORS!! The only people who know the truths are the selective people in that closed room with Mitch and Todd. If he is let go, I'd like to see Jay Wright, John Calipari, or Jamie Dixon brought in to lead us. I think Ford is still a few years away and I don't think UK fans are as patient nowadays to allow him to mature as they did for Pitino. It's a shame though cause I think Ford is a coaching star in the making. I think BCG will get the job done if given the time to succeed. His record speaks for itself. He has won at every place he has ever been. He's a Bill Self boy and tha's a pretty good mold to follow. He just needs some time. The problems didn't happen overnight and they will not be fixed overnight. I wish some UK critics would remember this!!

:clap::clap::clap:

 

I agree!! Just last year fans were amazed at how he turned the year around with "Tubby Talent" and were praising his name. Now, after a subpar year (WITHOUT A POINT GUARD) the fans are screaming for his head. It's completely ridiculous and it's the biggest reason why people are laughing at us all around the country and why many coaches prolly don't want to come here. IT"S UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS PEOPLE!!!!!!!! I really can't believe that some people from the same place as I can be so naive and judgemental. The unrealistic people who call themselves fans are only UK critics, not UK fans!! I hope that if BCG is let go that it is because of his off court issues and not on court performance. We have all heard the rumors on BCG but that's all they are, RUMORS!! The only people who know the truths are the selective people in that closed room with Mitch and Todd. If he is let go, I'd like to see Jay Wright, John Calipari, or Jamie Dixon brought in to lead us. I think Ford is still a few years away and I don't think UK fans are as patient nowadays to allow him to mature as they did for Pitino. It's a shame though cause I think Ford is a coaching star in the making. I think BCG will get the job done if given the time to succeed. His record speaks for itself. He has won at every place he has ever been. He's a Bill Self boy and tha's a pretty good mold to follow. He just needs some time. The problems didn't happen overnight and they will not be fixed overnight. I wish some UK critics would remember this!!

Assuming BCG is gone, one of the main reasons is because of how he handles himself with the press and media. I feel he would have been given more time if he had been a better representative of the University.

Tubby's gone. I'm only concerned about what to do now. Give Travis Ford a little talent and he would be an elite coach. He won at UMASS with basically one great player. He won at Oklahoma State with 1-2 good players. Give him a high level of talent and some shooters and he'd be a dangerous coach.

 

So would I !!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.