Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Travis Ford...

Featured Replies

  • Replies 114
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ Because he is tied at halftime? :lol:

 

:lol: Oklahoma State couldn't play as good as they did in the first half again if their lives depended on it, and they're ONLY tied. I think Pitt wins pretty comfortably.

I don't know about Ford's attitude or anything like that, but he can definately coach.

 

Halftime:

 

(8) Oklahoma St. 49

(1) Pittsburgh 49

 

Yeah and Gillispie beat UofL at Rupp a couple years ago too....

I don't know about Ford's attitude or anything like that, but he can definately coach.

 

Halftime:

 

(8) Oklahoma St. 49

(1) Pittsburgh 49

 

Everybody plays close to Pitt.

  • Author
^ Because he is tied at halftime? :lol:

 

No, because he has been a winner at 4 different programs and at all levels.

Can someone please elaborate on what their beef is with Ford?

 

 

And for the record, BCG just "rubs me the wrong way"

Can someone please elaborate on what their beef is with Ford?

 

 

And for the record, BCG just "rubs me the wrong way"

 

Easy, it's not Gillispie's coaching or recruiting that have him in hot water. It's the way he treats his players, the media, and is in general just a jerk.

 

Travis Ford is on a whole different level when it comes to the jerk factor. He makes Gillispie look like a gentleman.

No, because he has been a winner at 4 different programs and at all levels.

 

He sure does have those early tournament exits down pat....:D

Easy, it's not Gillispie's coaching or recruiting that have him in hot water. It's the way he treats his players, the media, and is in general just a jerk.

 

Travis Ford is on a whole different level when it comes to the jerk factor. He makes Gillispie look like a gentleman.

 

I was just messing when I said rubs in a wrong way :D making fun of all the references to rubbing in this thread :lol: My boss lives in Lexington and he's forever telling me stories about BCG, falling in fountains and stuff. I wish they had landed Donovan a few years ago honestly

He sure does have those early tournament exits down pat....:D

 

I would take Travis Ford over Pelphrey everyday of the week...Also going off another post you had from earlier. People definitely do have a beef with Billy G and his coaching. His coaching and how he handle this team is the reason why they are not in the tournament this year.

I would take Travis Ford over Pelphrey everyday of the week...Also going off another post you had from earlier. People definitely do have a beef with Billy G and his coaching. His coaching and how he handle this team is the reason why they are not in the tournament this year.

 

That's the reason they aren't in the tournament this year, no doubt. However, most UK fans could live with the down year, because of the transition the program is going through, if Gillispie handled himself better off court. If he handled himself in the same manner as either Tubby or Pitino, there wouldn't even be a discussion of him not being back.

 

I think Ford is a better coach than Pelphrey as well, just that UK is going to stay as far away from him as possible at this point. They can't have another "problem person" as coach at this point IMO.

Ford had a great first year at OK. State, and I thought he should have been on the list way ahead of Billy G. I like Ford a lot and I think he is a fine coach and he will continue to get better. I believe UK could look into picking Ford up, if not this year then see what he does next year.

  • Author
He sure does have those early tournament exits down pat....:D

 

At least he's playing in the tournament.

At least he's playing in the tournament.

 

So did Tubby, never even lost in the 1st round. UK fans were very quick to point out that wasn't good enough though.

At least he's playing in the tournament.

 

No doubt, Oklahoma St. overachieved this year, but Ford just seems to me like a jerk, from what I've seen of him and from what people have told me. Jerk or not though, if he could get the job done, I'd take him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.