Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Travis Ford...

Featured Replies

So did Tubby, never even lost in the 1st round. UK fans were very quick to point out that wasn't good enough though.

 

If you can't win 35 games a year, sweep Florida, Vandy, and Tennessee, then win a title at least every other year, your just not good enough for Kentucky.

  • Replies 114
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
So did Tubby, never even lost in the 1st round. UK fans were very quick to point out that wasn't good enough though.

 

Tubby's gone. I'm only concerned about what to do now. Give Travis Ford a little talent and he would be an elite coach. He won at UMASS with basically one great player. He won at Oklahoma State with 1-2 good players. Give him a high level of talent and some shooters and he'd be a dangerous coach.

Tubby's gone. I'm only concerned about what to do now. Give Travis Ford a little talent and he would be an elite coach. He won at UMASS with basically one great player. He won at Oklahoma State with 1-2 good players. Give him a high level of talent and some shooters and he'd be a dangerous coach.

 

He's got more than 1-2 good players at OK State, and has never advanced past the 1st weekend of the tournament....Not the type of coach that I would peg to lead UK, not even close as a matter of fact.

  • Author
He's got more than 1-2 good players at OK State, and has never advanced past the 1st weekend of the tournament....Not the type of coach that I would peg to lead UK, not even close as a matter of fact.

 

He has Eaton and maybe Anderson, but the others are just decent - nothing special.

So did Tubby, never even lost in the 1st round. UK fans were very quick to point out that wasn't good enough though.

 

Losing by 30 to Kansas and Indiana wasn't good enough. Failing to make the final 4 since his first year wasnt good enough. I love the short term memory lapses.

He's got more than 1-2 good players at OK State, and has never advanced past the 1st weekend of the tournament....Not the type of coach that I would peg to lead UK, not even close as a matter of fact.

 

He went as far in the tournament in his first year as Tubby Smith did the last two he was at KY. As a matter of fact, he made it farther in his first year then Tubby did this year. Just pointing that out.

The way I see it, the list of desired replacements for Gillispie IF, and that's a huge IF, he is let go would be as follows:

 

1) Rick Pitino (not happening, but he'd be #1 on the list)

2) Tom Izzo (Have heard rumblings, but would be shocked if he left MSU)

3) Billy Donovan (Not going to happen IMO, but who knows)

4) John Calipari (Has zero desire to leave Memphis)

5) Jay Wright (Would love for it to happen, but like Izzo don't see him leaving)

6) John Pelphrey (Unfortunately, I think he's the best they'd be able to do)

I think you could be wrong. For most programs, yes. But UK is a different animal. I'm hearing that UK and Calipari have already had very recent meetings but have been more secretive about it than a Cold War movie.

I think you could be wrong. For most programs, yes. But UK is a different animal. I'm hearing that UK and Calipari have already had very recent meetings but have been more secretive about it than a Cold War movie.

 

I know that another website has recently stated that they know Cal would accept if offered, but from everything I've heard he has zero desire. No reason to leave a good thing like he has going in Memphis.

 

Also, anymore, I'm not so sure UK is looked at as one of the premiere jobs in the country.

I personlly feel UK is better served without Barnhart, but that's a different discussion....

 

LOL

Elevated entire athletic program.

Hoops thing is not working out so well, but Lee Todd is culpable in this as well.

A lot of things out there and will likely be said on back-channels, because there will be a non-disclosure deal likely when the two parties split.

Lee Todd met with BCG on Friday.

Next coach has been pretty much selected...the rest is just left to timing.

 

As for Ford he and his daddy have burned a lot of bridges in KY....

I know that another website has recently stated that they know Cal would accept if offered, but from everything I've heard he has zero desire. No reason to leave a good thing like he has going in Memphis.

 

Also, anymore, I'm not so sure UK is looked at as one of the premiere jobs in the country.[/quote]

 

 

 

 

 

Don't kid yourself.:lol:

 

UK is in a rut right now for sure. But they also were in the same shape when Pitino took over. Remember the Sport's Illustrated cover after the probabtion. He had the magnitude and ability to bring them out of that and back to the top.

They are the same university that has won 7 national titles, 40+ conference titles, have the best/largest fan base in all college basketball, and have the money to match any other program. The right coach can get them back. And there's coaches out there that would give anything to have the opportunity.

 

UK took a chance on Billy Clyde when he was hot and probably regret it now for multiple reasons which have been much discussed on various threads on here. The AD did too much on his own and didn't take much advice from others. Hopefully that won't happen again.

LOL

Elevated entire athletic program.

Hoops thing is not working out so well, but Lee Todd is culpable in this as well.

A lot of things out there and will likely be said on back-channels, because there will be a non-disclosure deal likely when the two parties split.

Lee Todd met with BCG on Friday.

Next coach has been pretty much selected...the rest is just left to timing.

 

As for Ford he and his daddy have burned a lot of bridges in KY....

 

You might have already said this. However who is this coach you speak of?

You might have already said this. However who is this coach you speak of?

 

Donovan

Donovan

Calipari is what I hear. Maybe just another rumor.

Donovan

 

Calipari is what I hear. Maybe just another rumor.

 

OK which one is it that he is talking about?

OK which one is it that he is talking about?

Read post #82

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.