Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Travis Ford...

Featured Replies

:thumb: No problem, Wireman, I didn't pick up on the sarcasm. Sometimes I'm a little slow on the uptake.

  • Replies 114
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personlly feel UK is better served without Barnhart, but that's a different discussion...in regards to Travis Ford, I think he would be successful at UK, or wherever he ends up sticking for good. He has the intelligence, work ethic, and day to day morals to take a program to the big time.

No, there is no job opening for the head coach at Kentucky.
I agree with the above. I believe BCG is in for another 4-6 years, at worst (or better, just depends).
  • Author
No, there is no job opening for the head coach at Kentucky.

 

Or is there?

I have heard a lot of negative things about Ford. As much as I love him as a player I don't think he needs to be UK's coach.

The guy was Co Coach of the year just last year, 1 year later you Cat Fans are talking about other coaches coming in. Sounds like some of our fans 2001-2007.

 

You don't fire a coach after 2 years, but who listens to me.

I do, even if we are generally on completely different planets.

The guy was Co Coach of the year just last year, 1 year later you Cat Fans are talking about other coaches coming in. Sounds like some of our fans 2001-2007.

 

You don't fire a coach after 2 years, but who listens to me.

 

I agree with you. Firing a Coach after two years is bad. But, if the offer fits a certain coach down the road...:D

Afraid UK will win the NIT and make everything all better. A loss to UNLV would have sealed things.

 

Not from what I heard today, of course it's just hearsay, but apparently like 6 players are threatening to leave if Billy G comes back. Supposedly, they informed Billy G today that he wouldn't be make next year. Of course that's just rumors, but they did have something on 27 today about the Orton's being concerned, but I couldn't hear the T.V. Tis pretty interesting though.

No, there is no job opening for the head coach at Kentucky.

 

I agree with the above. I believe BCG is in for another 4-6 years, at worst (or better, just depends).

 

I'm just not buying it. There has been a ton of speculation outside of KY on the topic of the head coaching position at UK. It's become a big deal kind of.

 

It's not helping recruiting. Some of the parent's (Hood, Villiarino (SP) and Orton's) were on WKYT tonight talking about the situation.

 

Just a gut feeling but I think he is let go unless UK wins the NIT. Why wouldn't Mitch or someone else come out with a presser putting all the rumors to rest ? I just don't get it.

I don't think you let the guy go unless you have a grand slam candidate lined up though. You don't fire the guy for Travis Ford.

I don't really like the way he carries himself. If a coaching change occurs, I hope they look at plenty of candidates without UK ties.

 

I hope they consider everyone, should an opening arise (which I don't think it will).

 

If there is an opening, I think my candidate starts with Billy Donovan. I think it also includes Jaime Dixon, Jay Wright, Rick Pitino, Travis Ford, John Pelphrey, maybe Rick Barnes & I sure hope not John Calipari. Heck, personally, I'd consider Trent Johnson from LSU. Solid at Stanford & I like what he's done with the talent at LSU in his 1st year. Might as well throw Roy Williams in there. Jonny Dawkins maybe? Jeff Capel?

 

It's that type of thinking that makes me hope BCG stays another year. We don't know that any of those coaches would even come to Kentucky. We don't know how good those truly coaches are. None of them are "hands down" the best coach around.

 

Let's give the man a chance & see what happens. As long as he's not doing anything illegal, let's give him enough time. I hope, and feel, that he's building a program.

 

But then again, I thought we'd win the SEC tournament too. :ohbrother:

I don't think you let the guy go unless you have a grand slam candidate lined up though. You don't fire the guy for Travis Ford.

 

:thumb:

 

If you would've written that 2 minutes earlier you would've saved me a lot of effort. :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.