Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Travis Ford...

Featured Replies

...coaching for the Kentucky head coaching position in this NCAA Tournament?

  • Replies 114
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope so, I like having someone with ties to the program, he's a good young coach and is one of my alltime favorite Cats

  • Author
I hope so, I like having someone with ties to the program, he's a good young coach and is one of my alltime favorite Cats

 

He has proven he can win, too.

Did it at Eastern, UMass and now OSU, I'd love to see him coaching the Cats and I think he'd be one of those coaches that would stay for 20 years or more giving how young he is and I'd imagine there's nowhere else he'd rather coach

  • Author
I hope not.

 

Thanks for the insight :lol:

 

Could you tell us why?

He coaches like a young Pitino IMO, he's got that drive, doesn't seem to have any personal issues like some coaches, from the Bluegrass and a great player for the Cats that would be loyal to the programe.

Thanks for the insight :lol:

 

Could you tell us why?

 

I don't really like the way he carries himself. If a coaching change occurs, I hope they look at plenty of candidates without UK ties.

  • Author
I don't really like the way he carries himself. If a coaching change occurs, I hope they look at plenty of candidates without UK ties.

 

What do you mean by how he carries himself?

I hope not too! You don't have to have a KY boy coaching UK. We deserve the best possible candidate we can get and their are others out there that have coached longer, won more games, are proven recruiters,and have more experience, and as Roy Williams said about his predecessor, more equity built up. Ford shouldn't be consisered this time around for an opening that is not open. Same goes for Pelphrey.

I dont think so. I fully expect to see Billy G back on the sidelines at Rupp next season at this point.

Why get a young Pitino if you can get the real thing? Only two coaches can handle the UK spotlight. Period.Pitino and Calipari. Give one of them the money that will bring them here and lets go. No more last minute flavor of the month coaches,please

  • Author

FYI - per several sources, there was a "high level" meeting between Lee Todd and Mitch Barnhart yesterday concerning Billy G's future. We should know something soon.

FYI - per several sources, there was a "high level" meeting between Lee Todd and Mitch Barnhart yesterday concerning Billy G's future. We should know something soon.

 

Afraid UK will win the NIT and make everything all better. A loss to UNLV would have sealed things.

^^ Most of the issues are off the court and practice related.

 

With Ford it comes down to one thing can he bring in the top talent? Gillispie has shown he can get top level talent. I firmly believe the Alumni does not want to go back to the Tubby recruiting era - role players. The want Kentucky level talent brought in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.