Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Travis Ford...

Featured Replies

Have heard from sources close to the program that BCG has rubbed some of the board of trustees in the wrong way and one of them (a father of a cheerleader) is really not wanting BCG around.

  • Replies 114
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't really like the way he carries himself. If a coaching change occurs, I hope they look at plenty of candidates without UK ties.

 

I have heard so many horror stories about Ford and him being a jerk. With that said, I was very impressed with his interview on CBS today...

  • Author

If Gillispie is coming back, why wouldn't Barnhart just call the media and say, "Gillispie is coming back next season, end of story..."

 

That would at least calm everything down. That's another thing that makes me wonder what is going on.

If Gillispie is coming back, why wouldn't Barnhart just call the media and say, "Gillispie is coming back next season, end of story..."

 

That would at least calm everything down. That's another thing that makes me wonder what is going on.

 

1. The team is still playing.

 

2. IF there is an opening, I think it'll be because BCG leaves town. I don't think Barnhart, nor President Todd, will fire him. It's just too soon.

 

3. I don't think it's Barnhart who wants him gone. Wasn't he the one who hired him?

 

He will "clean up" his act, he'll give a big donation to a charity, and hopefully he'll start winning. Then we'll all love him & want to go drinkin' with him at the steakhouses. :taz:

If Gillispie is coming back, why wouldn't Barnhart just call the media and say, "Gillispie is coming back next season, end of story..."

 

That would at least calm everything down. That's another thing that makes me wonder what is going on.

 

That's what has me wondering also Wireman.

 

I don't think Mitch would fire the guy during the season. I think he's waiting to see what happens in the NIT and then he and Billy G. will have a very lengthy discussion.

 

What comes from the discussion is unknown. I just have a gut feeling the he is gone.

It sounds as if Ford has rubbed Barnhart the wrong way. It wouldn't be the first time Ford has done that.

 

Have heard from sources close to the program that BCG has rubbed some of the board of trustees in the wrong way and one of them (a father of a cheerleader) is really not wanting BCG around.

 

Sure is a lot of rubbing going on at UK

  • Author
That's what has me wondering also Wireman.

 

I don't think Mitch would fire the guy during the season. I think he's waiting to see what happens in the NIT and then he and Billy G. will have a very lengthy discussion.

 

What comes from the discussion is unknown. I just have a gut feeling the he is gone.

 

I think he is gone as well. Just my opinion.

Sure is a lot of rubbing going on at UK

 

 

:dancingpa

 

 

 

:popcorn:

In the words of my grandmother "keep your hands to yourself!"

Don't look for UK to win the NIT. Billy G always says to "play hard & play smart". It's hard to play smart if you haven't been coached smart.

All of the people wanting Ford need to spend some time asking questions at EKU and Cville...you don't want this guy at all.

The way I see it, the list of desired replacements for Gillispie IF, and that's a huge IF, he is let go would be as follows:

 

1) Rick Pitino (not happening, but he'd be #1 on the list)

2) Tom Izzo (Have heard rumblings, but would be shocked if he left MSU)

3) Billy Donovan (Not going to happen IMO, but who knows)

4) John Calipari (Has zero desire to leave Memphis)

5) Jay Wright (Would love for it to happen, but like Izzo don't see him leaving)

6) John Pelphrey (Unfortunately, I think he's the best they'd be able to do)

All of the people wanting Ford need to spend some time asking questions at EKU and Cville...you don't want this guy at all.

 

:thumb:

 

But he's a UK guy, so that means he's a perfect candidate....:rolleyes:

  • Author

I don't know about Ford's attitude or anything like that, but he can definately coach.

 

Halftime:

 

(8) Oklahoma St. 49

(1) Pittsburgh 49

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.