Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thursday Night Attendence at Rupp

Featured Replies

Everyone I talked to said 75 for a lower arena ticket. Will be way over a hundred tomorrow night.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was great!!:banana:

And we're supposed to be in a recession:lol::lol::lol: Just one of the many things the news media makes up

Best value in entertainment money can buy.:lol:

Best value in entertainment money can buy.:lol:

 

Unless you have to deal with the scalpers.:scared::D

You have to do what you have to do. I told them no high school game was worth that much. I ended up buying uppers (4) for 20 a piece in sec. 231.

Just got in from the ballgame . . . what a LONG DAY and another one tomorrow!! :ylsuper: Gotta say . . . the place was PACKED!! I'm sure glad I purchased tickets back in January but I was still scrambling around for more tickets for the game tomorrow night (oops . . . I guess I mean tonight) since mom and dad will be making the trip to see the action!!

I was sitting next to an Elliott Co. fan tonight and we agreed that tonight or tomorrow night would be a good time to plan a bank heist in Sandy Hook.:laugh:

 

You could rob the bank at Sandy Hook with no problem this weekend, but you wouldn't find any money! It is in the wallets and purses of the Elliott County faithful in Lexington...they have been planning this party for a long time now and I figure the KHSAA and the city of Lexington will be the ones doing the taking.

Everyone I talked to said 75 for a lower arena ticket. Will be way over a hundred tomorrow night.

 

 

And their were some who complained about the cost of tickets at the BOKC? :isurrender:

 

So is the economy in as bad of a shape as we are led to belive in the Commonwealth or not, or are there a lot of people who are spending money on going to these games, that won't be able to make their house payment next month? Which one is it? To break a first round attendance record in this ecomony is indeed impressive, or is it sad? :idunno:

It was a great Thursday night in Rupp Arena.

 

You speak of Elliott Counties crowd, what about the crowd that Anderson County brought. It was the largest of the tournament with Grayson County being right up there.

I will be interested in seeing the attendance tomorrow night. I wasn't there tonight but Mason County usually has a big following. Now that they are out, I think tonight's crowd may be bigger than tomorrow night's.

 

Mason had a nice crowd but not the largest. Anderson getting beat is where the attendance could be down. They by far had the largest crowd there.

 

It was a great Thursday night in Rupp Arena.

 

You speak of Elliott Counties crowd, what about the crowd that Anderson County brought. It was the largest of the tournament with Grayson County being right up there.

 

I agree so far Anderson has had the largest crowd and Grayson Co would be next.

 

It was great to be apart of all the excitement and be apart of this history last night.

That is impressive numbers for attendance. With UK not playing this weekend in their traditional NCAA spot, how much does that help attendance? I would think a lot.

Nice atmosphere. I had to be in Lex for business so I decided to attend the games last night. Called in some favors and got a lower arena seat. Great fan following for all the teams. :thumb:

 

If all the money in Elliott County is in the wallet and purses of their fans at Rupp as someone suggested, a thief better not think of making a heist at Rupp. There were more law enforcement officers in that place than I've ever seen at any venue. The Lex/Fayette County cops were there in force and I think every team playing brought 4 or more law enforcement officers with them. There were Smokey hats everywhere. I asked one of the Fayette cops about all the cops from the teams home jurisdiction being present. He just chuckled and said those guys don't do anything but just tag along to watch the team play for free. I'm serious when I say that just in the corner that I entered through, there were over 10 law enforcement officers just standing around watching the games.

It was a great Thursday night in Rupp Arena.

 

You speak of Elliott Counties crowd, what about the crowd that Anderson County brought. It was the largest of the tournament with Grayson County being right up there.

 

Agreed. I thought with all the talk of how many Elliott and Mason would bring, Anderson had just as many if not more. Their section was packed, and they had quite a few in the neutral seats as well. There were alot of people there. I don't know if I believe 21,000 were there. They may have sold that many tickets, but 21 would be near capacity. Maybe I'm wrong. It was still a great crowd for the first round either way. Look for alot more tonight.

Rupp Arena's seating capactiy is 23,000. I wasn't there last night (Wish I was) but from what I heard there were very few seats that didn't have a butt in them.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.