March 18, 200917 yr I still think it should have been a tripping foul and I'm a huge Cat fan. I'll take the no call AND the victory, however :thumb::thumb: I tell you this much, if I'm an UNLV fan I am more upset over my coach's mishandling of the team after the no call. No calls, bad calls, questionable calls are all part of the game and they suck when they go against your team. However, to completely come unglued and lose control of your team at such a pivotal point is inexcusable. I agree with you. Kruger should have been "T'd" up but imo the refs let him rant bc they knew they blew the call. That is fine up to a point but imo he went on way too long. BCG really looked good tonight. :lol::isurrender: When I saw the Brown suit, especially in that bldg I almost threw up in my mouth! I immediately knew the impression he was trying to give and even if he was wearing the brown suit as a tribute there is absolutely no way, especially after this season. There was only one "man in the brown suit" and he built the U.K. basketball program and tradition, Memorial Coliseum and the Arena that carries his name. Maybe that is me going on or making too much out of it, but imo there was only one "Baron of the Bluegrass".....Adolph Rupp.
March 18, 200917 yr We'll take what we can get :lol: :thumb: :lol:They all even out. I have certainly witnessed U.K. get more than their fair share of terrible calls going in favor of the opponet through the years as well.
March 18, 200917 yr Some thoughts: * Nice to see Stevenson show up at a time when we least needed it. Where was this Perry all year long? * BCG seemed to prefer Miller running the point, which will make for an interesting PG debate next year, should BCG even return. * Crowd and atmosphere was the story of the game. I wish we could get less of the old farts @ home games and more of the lively bunch like we had last night. Would LOVE, absolutely LOVE us to play some games @ Memorial in the future.
March 18, 200917 yr When I saw the Brown suit, especially in that bldg I almost threw up in my mouth! I immediately knew the impression he was trying to give and even if he was wearing the brown suit as a tribute there is absolutely no way, especially after this season. There was only one "man in the brown suit" and he built the U.K. basketball program and tradition, Memorial Coliseum and the Arena that carries his name. Maybe that is me going on or making too much out of it, but imo there was only one "Baron of the Bluegrass".....Adolph Rupp. Why do I think that if another coach had worn the same suit, it would have been "a great tribute." I mean we're bashing the guy for "not understanding" what Kentucky basketball is about, and he doesn't something to indicate otherwise and its an offense. Also, regarding the tripping, what about it should have been a foul? I've posted the applicable rules.
March 18, 200917 yr Why do I think that if another coach had worn the same suit, it would have been "a great tribute." I mean we're bashing the guy for "not understanding" what Kentucky basketball is about, and he doesn't something to indicate otherwise and its an offense. Also, regarding the tripping, what about it should have been a foul? I've posted the applicable rules. I agree. I think it was a nice homage to Rupp and I actually kind of liked it. And this is coming from a UK fan who is not a big fan of BCG.
March 18, 200917 yr Why do I think that if another coach had worn the same suit, it would have been "a great tribute." I mean we're bashing the guy for "not understanding" what Kentucky basketball is about, and he doesn't something to indicate otherwise and its an offense. Also, regarding the tripping, what about it should have been a foul? I've posted the applicable rules. :thumb: Something tells me if the previous coach had worn the brown suit, people would be changing their tunes. I thought it was a great homage to the Baron.
March 18, 200917 yr :thumb: Something tells me if the previous coach had worn the brown suit, people would be changing their tunes. I thought it was a great homage to the Baron. You really did hate the previous coach?:deadhorse: I think BCG wearing a brown suit was a nice gesture.
March 18, 200917 yr You really did hate the previous coach?:deadhorse: I think BCG wearing a brown suit was a nice gesture. Not that much, just get annoyed at people that can't take it when someone criticizes him. Just makes me want to point out his shortcomings that much more.
March 18, 200917 yr I still think it should have been a tripping foul and I'm a huge Cat fan. I'll take the no call AND the victory, however :thumb: The problem is that you have no ruling to back up your belief. The contact was incidental. The NCAA did place an emphasis this year on illegal contact that causes a dribbler to go the floor. However, the key word is "illegal" and this wasn't illegal contact. The call was correct.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.