March 18, 200917 yr Nice sweet sixteen run for the Cats :thumb: You said earlier in the year that the final four was in reach for the cats. You might have been a crystal ball reader, and to think you were embarrasing all the fans with your predictions.
March 18, 200917 yr Very much like Cameron Indoor, I thought! I would like to see the Vandy game played in Memorial every year. If they can have that crazy setup in Nashville, I'd like to do a little something different for them when they come to Lexington to make it more uncomfortable!
March 18, 200917 yr Nice win. The crowd was awesome & they should play one game every year at Memorial, maybe one of the early cupcake games and open up sales to the public. Stevenson's dunk was just sick Patterson showed that midrange jumper he will need to be an NBA player Miller is going to be a special player at UK Most enjoyable UK game in quite some time!! Loved it!!
March 18, 200917 yr Nice win. The crowd was awesome & they should play one game every year at Memorial, maybe one of the early cupcake games and open up sales to the public. Stevenson's dunk was just sick Patterson showed that midrange jumper he will need to be an NBA player Miller is going to be a special player at UK Most enjoyable UK game in quite some time!! Loved it!! The atmosphere in Memorial was so crazy. Rupp Arena just doesn't have that.
March 18, 200917 yr BCG lives to coach another game at UK. I really hope he gets 1 more year at least.
March 18, 200917 yr Would have liked to seen the Cats get on the floor and hussle for loose balls like that all year. We would have won some more games.
March 18, 200917 yr 1st off GREAT atmosphere last night at Memorial! I'm not even kidding you could just here the PA guy because the crowd was so loud. The crowd at the game was actually cheering and the play reminded me of Duke Court with the way the fans were screaming and yelling. I really think the Cats loved the atmosphere and at the end of the game it caused UNLV to get a shot clock violation. If not even kidding you couldn't even hear the shot clock buzz when it went to 0. UK fans are the best fans in the land. I don't care if we win by 1 or by 50. When we play at Rupp 20,000+ show up for the Cats everygame. Memorial was packed tonight and was a great, great, great night for basketball. Joe B Hall sat down 2 rows down and across from me. Fans were saying that this was BCG last year at UK. At least two fans were saying that to my dad. I really hope that he gets at least one more year. I think last night that BCG was coaching his heart out, I saw alot of passion last night and I hope to see more of it. Just wish I saw this much the whole season. Stevenson dunk was SICK! The place was going bananas! AJ Stewart needs to learn to play D before he gets on the court. Miller is going to be a great player at UK and the fans love him. Liggings played good for the time he was in the game. I'm still shocked that these two even dressed for the game. It will be a miracle if both these players return for next season.:sssh:
March 18, 200917 yr You said earlier in the year that the final four was in reach for the cats. You might have been a crystal ball reader, and to think you were embarrasing all the fans with your predictions. They are really going to have a tough one on the road in the next game (assuming Creighton gets the win). I'm interested to see if they can respond and play well.
March 18, 200917 yr 1st off GREAT atmosphere last night at Memorial! I'm not even kidding you could just here the PA guy because the crowd was so loud. The crowd at the game was actually cheering and the play reminded me of Duke Court with the way the fans were screaming and yelling. I really think the Cats loved the atmosphere and at the end of the game it caused UNLV to get a shot clock violation. If not even kidding you couldn't even hear the shot clock buzz when it went to 0. UK fans are the best fans in the land. I don't care if we win by 1 or by 50. When we play at Rupp 20,000+ show up for the Cats everygame. Memorial was packed tonight and was a great, great, great night for basketball. Joe B Hall sat down 2 rows down and across from me. Fans were saying that this was BCG last year at UK. At least two fans were saying that to my dad. I really hope that he gets at least one more year. I think last night that BCG was coaching his heart out, I saw alot of passion last night and I hope to see more of it. Just wish I saw this much the whole season. Stevenson dunk was SICK! The place was going bananas! AJ Stewart needs to learn to play D before he gets on the court. Miller is going to be a great player at UK and the fans love him. Liggings played good for the time he was in the game. I am convinced if I were playing off the ball, I could get wide open against A.J. Stewart under the basket. He shows some flashes on offense, but I can never fault BCG for not playing him.
March 18, 200917 yr A trip either way of the ball carrier is a foul. Doesn't matter if the defender is running away or not. I don't understand that rule at all. What if the ball carrier is trying to dribble out of a trap and he trips over the defender and loses the ball? I completely disagreed with Jimmy D last night, it looked to me like the UNLV player initiated the contact and our defender (Miller?) was trying to get away from him. I thought it was an excellent no-call and that Kruger lost his mind and pretty much cost them the game.
March 18, 200917 yr I don't understand that rule at all. What if the ball carrier is trying to dribble out of a trap and he trips over the defender and loses the ball? I completely disagreed with Jimmy D last night, it looked to me like the UNLV player initiated the contact and our defender (Miller?) was trying to get away from him. It should have been a foul. That (no) call was a game-changing play :sssh:
March 18, 200917 yr It should have been a foul. That (no) call was a game-changing play :sssh: But why? It was completely inadvertent contact, IMO. How is that a blanket rule?
March 18, 200917 yr But why? It was completely inadvertent contact, IMO. How is that a blanket rule? I don't know how its the rule, but it is the rule and the official blew it.
March 18, 200917 yr It looks like the Las Vegas Sun made an attempt to steal my headline: http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/mar/18/unlv-basketball/ “We had a couple of shot-clock violations, and it was because the crowd was so loud. We couldn’t hear and we weren’t able to see the shot clock.” After Meeks’s jumper, Bellfield, dribbling to his right, lost the ball when he stumbled. Turnover. Kentucky ball. Kruger, who watched the play unfold in front of him, was livid. “Well, by rule, if Oscar was tripped it’s an automatic foul,” Kruger said. “If he wasn’t, it was the right call. We’ll look at the tape. If he was tripped it’s a very simple call at a critical stage in the game. “We thought he was tripped. The official thought he wasn’t. We’ll see.” Bellfield didn’t flinch. “I got tripped up,” he said. “The ref said he didn’t see it … but it’s their house. Can’t blame them. You’ve got to expect that. I should have been more aggressive, but … ”
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.