Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 70 UNLV 60

Featured Replies

By Wireman rules, it was a foul.

 

By real basketball rules? Uh, no.:lol:

 

It was a found IMO too! I mean seriously if it was the other way around, I guarntee 98 percent of the people on here would be saying that it was a foul and the ref cost us the game. I mean yeah he didn't trip him on purpose, but honestly most times when people fould someone it is not on purpose. Especially for the tripping foul, usually the defender is there and the offense player hits the defenders feet and falls just like last night and they usually always call it. It should have been a foul, but I definitely will take a no call. Since it did help make sure UK didn't lose.

  • Replies 127
  • Views 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel like the Cats have more of a homecourt advantage on this court. JMO.

 

I have to agree! Rupp is not much of an homecourt of an advantage at all for UK. I mean kids now a days play at areanas that are loud throughout the game, while Rupp is dead for usually atleast 80 percent of the game. Last nights game seemed to stay loud throughout, and just more exciting. You can tell the noise really got to the UNLV players as well.

They have already announced it will be at Rupp Arena if Bowling Greene wins. No way UK would turn away the possibility of 12,000 more fans at $33 a pop.

"You can take a boy to the Coliseum, sit him down for 5 minutes, and if he doesn't want to play at Kentucky after just looking at the place, he is too dumb to go to college anyway.

"- Adolph Rupp

 

Enough said about what last night meant!!!!

It was a found IMO too! I mean seriously if it was the other way around, I guarntee 98 percent of the people on here would be saying that it was a foul and the ref cost us the game. I mean yeah he didn't trip him on purpose, but honestly most times when people fould someone it is not on purpose. Especially for the tripping foul, usually the defender is there and the offense player hits the defenders feet and falls just like last night and they usually always call it. It should have been a foul, but I definitely will take a no call. Since it did help make sure UK didn't lose.

 

Futurecoach, you are not basing your opinion on actual rules.

Because U.K. blew a 20pt. lead in the 2nd half with UNLV closing the magin to 6 (maybe 4, can't remember). J. Dykes made the statement "the D.J. for U.K.'s party left to get a drink and hasn't came back".

I was there & the atmosphere was awesome! I wish they'd play one game a year in M.C. because there's not a bad seat in the house.

 

I think the D.J. was the dancing fan we had during one of the timeouts. he was hilarious:D. he really had the fans & the ESPN crew entertained. He kind of looked like this: :banana: & the Wildcat mascot dancing with him looked like this: :taz:

Futurecoach, you are not basing your opinion on actual rules.

 

Well if we want to do that. We can disect every single basketball game, and find all kinds of calls that should have not been fouls if you go by what exactly the rules say. Now if you go by what they usually call as a foul, then that play the other night was a foul, there no doubt about that..I mean I am a die hard UK fan and glad they didn't call that. So usually I would lean on the side of seeing it in blue shades. However that plain and simple was a foul if you go by how refs usually call that.

I was there & the atmosphere was awesome! I wish they'd play one game a year in M.C. because there's not a bad seat in the house.

 

I think the D.J. was the dancing fan we had during one of the timeouts. he was hilarious:D. he really had the fans & the ESPN crew entertained. He kind of looked like this: :banana: & the Wildcat mascot dancing with him looked like this: :taz:

 

He does that every game. The fans love it, I know its hilarious to watch.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.