Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 70 UNLV 60

Featured Replies

The problem is that you have no ruling to back up your belief.

 

The contact was incidental. The NCAA did place an emphasis this year on illegal contact that causes a dribbler to go the floor.

 

However, the key word is "illegal" and this wasn't illegal contact.

 

The call was correct.

 

The only reason it was correct is because the official didn't see it. Had he seen it, it would've been a foul.

  • Replies 127
  • Views 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not that much, just get annoyed at people that can't take it when someone criticizes him. Just makes me want to point out his shortcomings that much more.

 

I would understand were you are coming from if this was a thread about Tubby. I have read this whole Thread and I have not seen anything about him. Please correct me if I missed something and I do apologize if I did.

I still have not receive an answer to my post# 57 on the tripping foul. I will ask it again.

 

I don't know how tripping could be called an automatic foul.

What if a player on defense is standing at the top of the key, his feet planted, arms at his side and the player with the ball comes dribbling by and trips on the defensive players foot. Is that an automatic foul on the defense?

Where are all the basketball BGP gurus that would have the answer to this tripping foul question.

The only reason it was correct is because the official didn't see it. Had he seen it, it would've been a foul.

 

You don't have to be looking at someone to trip them.

A trip does not have to be intentional.

 

I posted the applicable rules in this thread. Based on those, how was it a foul?

 

If Clyde is going with no foul, I would think its pretty obvious.

I still think it should have been a tripping foul and I'm a huge Cat fan. I'll take the no call AND the victory, however :thumb:

 

I don't know how it could have been tripping. I saw a replay where it was VERY clear that the UNLV player did not even touch the UK player, he just tripped.

I don't know how it could have been tripping. I saw a replay where it was VERY clear that the UNLV player did not even touch the UK player, he just tripped.

 

It was very clear that the tripped on Miller's foot.

The only reason it was correct is because the official didn't see it. Had he seen it, it would've been a foul.

 

Why do you say its a foul when you have nothing to back it up?

You don't have to be looking at someone to trip them.

A trip does not have to be intentional.

 

Correct.

 

You forgot to add that "a trip is not automatically a foul."

 

By your definition, a player standing completely still would be called for a foul if the dribbler ran into his foot and fell down.

 

Not true. No rule to back it up.

I still have not receive an answer to my post# 57 on the tripping foul. I will ask it again.

 

I don't know how tripping could be called an automatic foul.

What if a player on defense is standing at the top of the key, his feet planted, arms at his side and the player with the ball comes dribbling by and trips on the defensive players foot. Is that an automatic foul on the defense?

Where are all the basketball BGP gurus that would have the answer to this tripping foul question.

 

Not a foul in your play.

Why do you say its a foul when you have nothing to back it up?

 

Because it was a foul.

It was very clear that the tripped on Miller's foot.

 

He stepped on the side of Miller's foot when he was Darius was turning away from him. I thought it was a good no call, but then again, I am not an official. I thought Kruger let it get the best of him for the final minutes of the game.

Because it was a foul.

 

By Wireman rules, it was a foul.

 

By real basketball rules? Uh, no.:lol:

He stepped on the side of Miller's foot when he was Darius was turning away from him. I thought it was a good no call, but then again, I am not an official. I thought Kruger let it get the best of him for the final minutes of the game.

 

I'm happy they didn't call it, because Kentucky was on the verge of losing the game at that point. That was the turning point of the game that allowed UK to regain control.

Not a foul in your play.

 

Thank you much

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.