March 18, 200917 yr By Wireman rules, it was a foul. By real basketball rules? Uh, no.:lol: It was pretty clear on the replay that he tripped over Miller's foot and fell to the floor.
March 18, 200917 yr It was pretty clear on the replay that he tripped over Miller's foot and fell to the floor. On that part , we will agree. However, a trip is not automatically a foul. That's the point I'm trying to make.
March 18, 200917 yr Did they show the poster last night Hubert Davis = Jodie senior it was pretty good.
March 18, 200917 yr On that part , we will agree. However, a trip is not automatically a foul. That's the point I'm trying to make. Its may not automatically be a foul, but the one last night should have been. Here's the rule posted earlier: Rule 10, Section 1, Art 1 A player shall not hold, push, charge, trip or impede the progress of an opponent by extending arm(s), shoulder(s), hip(s) or knee(s) or by bending his or her own body into other than a normal position; nor use any unreasonably rough tactics.
March 18, 200917 yr Its may not automatically be a foul, but the one last night should have been. Here's the rule posted earlier: Rule 10, Section 1, Art 1 A player shall not hold, push, charge, trip or impede the progress of an opponent by extending arm(s), shoulder(s), hip(s) or knee(s) or by bending his or her own body into other than a normal position; nor use any unreasonably rough tactics. Which of the above did he do?
March 18, 200917 yr It was very clear that the tripped on Miller's foot. Maybe I saw a different replay than you.
March 18, 200917 yr Which of the above did he do? Based on the replay, I didn't feel that he was in a normal position. It was inadvertant, but he definately tripped the ballhandler, IMO.
March 18, 200917 yr I was at the game and the UNLV player simply tripped on Millers foot. Miller did nothing to cause it.
March 18, 200917 yr Maybe I saw a different replay than you. I've been scouring the Internet all day so that we can get a little better look at things.
March 18, 200917 yr I was at the game and the UNLV player simply tripped on Millers foot. Miller did nothing to cause it. :thumb:
March 18, 200917 yr Based on the replay, I didn't feel that he was in a normal position. It was inadvertant, but he definately tripped the ballhandler, IMO. You don't feel he was in a normal position? He certainly looked like he was in a normal defensive position to me. What kind of position do you think he was in at the time?
March 18, 200917 yr Its may not automatically be a foul, but the one last night should have been. Here's the rule posted earlier: Rule 10, Section 1, Art 1 A player shall not hold, push, charge, trip or impede the progress of an opponent by extending arm(s), shoulder(s), hip(s) or knee(s) or by bending his or her own body into other than a normal position; nor use any unreasonably rough tactics. Nothing you list above applied to last night's play.
March 18, 200917 yr Nothing you list above applied to last night's play. That's cool :thumb: I'm tired of argueing over nothing. The Cats won and that's all I care about. Its my opinion that it would've been a foul if the official would have seen it clearly.
March 18, 200917 yr You don't feel he was in a normal position? He certainly looked like he was in a normal defensive position to me. What kind of position do you think he was in at the time? I don't know what a "normal" position is for him, but the UNLV player had gotten past Meeks and was approaching the three point line heading towards the sideline. Miller jumped out to impede his progress and was in the process of turning back around to find his man, and the UNLV player clipped Miller's heel as he was stepping to the ground, and lost his footing. Kentucky was up 4 at 61-57 with 3:23 at the time, and subsequently outscored UNLV 9-3 to close the game. The next possession Meeks buried a jumper in the lane and then UNLV got the shot clock violation. The play, but maybe more specifically their reaction to it, was key in losing the game for UNLV. If you'd like to watch the play, it's on ESPN 360 at http://espn.go.com/broadband/espn360/player?gameId=290760096&sportCode=BK&league=NCAAM. The play occurs at 01:48:19, and they replay it at 01:50:04.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.