Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 70 UNLV 60

Featured Replies

I don't know what a "normal" position is for him, but the UNLV player had gotten past Meeks and was approaching the three point line heading towards the sideline. Miller jumped out to impede his progress and was in the process of turning back around to find his man, and the UNLV player clipped Miller's heel as he was stepping to the ground, and lost his footing. Kentucky was up 4 at 61-57 with 3:23 at the time, and subsequently outscored UNLV 9-3 to close the game. The next possession Meeks buried a jumper in the lane and then UNLV got the shot clock violation. The play, but maybe more specifically their reaction to it, was key in losing the game for UNLV.

 

If you'd like to watch the play, it's on ESPN 360 at http://espn.go.com/broadband/espn360/player?gameId=290760096&sportCode=BK&league=NCAAM. The play occurs at 01:48:19, and they replay it at 01:50:04.

 

 

Thanks for that video link. I have watched it again and my opinion is the same. I feel that Kentucky got away with one and that it was clearly a foul on Miller. Thanks!

  • Replies 127
  • Views 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know what a "normal" position is for him, but the UNLV player had gotten past Meeks and was approaching the three point line heading towards the sideline. Miller jumped out to impede his progress and was in the process of turning back around to find his man, and the UNLV player clipped Miller's heel as he was stepping to the ground, and lost his footing.

 

Art. 6. To maintain a legal guarding position after the initial position has

been attained, the guard:

a. Is not required to continue having the torso face the opponent;

 

b. Is required to have either one foot or both feet on the playing court

(cannot be out of bounds);

 

c. May raise the hands or may jump within his or her own vertical

plane;

 

d. May shift to maintain guarding position in the path of the dribbler,

provided that the guard does not charge into the dribbler or otherwise

cause contact;

 

e. May move laterally or obliquely to maintain position provided such

a move is not toward the opponent when contact occurs;

 

f. Is not required to have the feet on the playing court when shifting in

the path of the dribbler or when moving laterally or obliquely; and

 

g. May turn or duck to absorb shock when contact by the dribbler is

imminent. In such a case, the dribbler shall not be absolved from the

responsibility of contact

 

I think D and E are the applicable points. Miller did not move toward the UNLV player.

I think D and E are the applicable points. Miller did not move toward the UNLV player.

 

Actually, it appeared to me that he made a jab step directly in front of the ball handler as he attempted to cut back and find his man.

It just doesn't matter now. No call was made.

 

There has to be more to talk about after this win than a no call foul?

It just doesn't matter now. No call was made.

 

There has to be more to talk about after this win than a no call foul?

 

Go Bowling Green!

:thumb:

 

If Bowling Green were to pull and upset, would Kentucky be back in Memorial Coliseum late this week or weekend?

Go Bowling Green!
:thumb:YES

The next game will be Monday night, btw.

* Crowd and atmosphere was the story of the game. I wish we could get less of the old farts @ home games and more of the lively bunch like we had last night. Would LOVE, absolutely LOVE us to play some games @ Memorial in the future.

 

I certainly agree. I don't think that a lot of games would happen bc of the $$$$ factor and some of those "old farts" are very influential people in Lexington with very large bank accounts that write alot of checks :sssh:. I think that you can see my point. I would love to see some games, even if it would be just one, maybe two in Memorial per season.

Here is one idea, bring back the U.K.I.T. and play it in Memorial Coliseum :idunno:.

Then again, you would get back to the rich old farts with the check books.

The next game will be Monday night, btw.

 

So they would be at Rupp if hosting?

So they would be at Rupp if hosting?

 

 

I'm not sure what they would do. I would just keep it at Memorial if it were me.

Go Bowling Green!

 

The boys state tourney would be over by Monday (ends on Saturday night). Would U.K. go back to Rupp for another home N.I.T. game next week or stay im Memorial?

Posting at the same time.....sorry to repeat.

If UK gets to host the next game I would hope it is played at Memorial.

My guess if Rupp has nothing going on it would be played there.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.