Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Quit or commit suicide

Featured Replies

  • Author
Well I guess I'm wondering why those executives who oversaw the departments of AIG that basically ran the company into the ground are still on the payroll and even eligible to receive these bonuses.

I've been saying that for years. Why do companies pay their top executives small fortunes? I think the answer is that these CEOs and execs sit on each other's boards.

I've been saying that for years. Why do companies pay their top executives small fortunes? I think the answer is that these CEOs and execs sit on each other's boards.

 

Amazing, isn't it? I mean, I don't know what you do for a living, but whatever it is, if you were so inept and made such stupid decisions that you (should have) bankrupted your company, would you still be employed? Would you still be eligible to earn million dollar bonuses? The government continues to hand over billions of dollars to these corporations without any preconditions on how the money can be spent. How does something like this not cross their mind when they're writing the check to AIG, Citibank, etc..?

Again, I like a politician that does not worry about political correctness when he speaks. Should ALL politicians take the same stand as this guy suggests? Probably, but we are the ones that keep sending them to washington.

 

Why is what he said such a big deal. The bigger deal to me is that AIG STOLE money from me to pay these bonuses.

 

Why could the Government not give each "TAX PAYER" $200,000 that they would have to pay taxes on, then be required to payoff mortgages and automobiles and credit cards. People say that the Government does not trust us with money. Look what trusting the corps, got them.

I've been saying that for years. Why do companies pay their top executives small fortunes? I think the answer is that these CEOs and execs sit on each other's boards.

 

Rich people protecting other rich people. These kind of incestuous corporate relationships are what this country is built on. It's why we had to put up with eight years of a corporate lackey such as GWB.

Amazing, isn't it? I mean, I don't know what you do for a living, but whatever it is, if you were so inept and made such stupid decisions that you (should have) bankrupted your company, would you still be employed? Would you still be eligible to earn million dollar bonuses? The government continues to hand over billions of dollars to these corporations without any preconditions on how the money can be spent. How does something like this not cross their mind when they're writing the check to AIG, Citibank, etc..?

 

Obama and his cohorts actually guaranteed in the stimulus bill that these bonuses would be paid. Now they're outraged? Pitiful. Maybe they should have given people a little time to READ the bill before they bulled it through.

Rich people protecting other rich people. These kind of incestuous corporate relationships are what this country is built on. It's why we had to put up with eight years of a corporate lackey such as GWB.

 

I'm sure glad the guys and gals currently running things in Washington aren't beholden to AIG like the previous lackeys.

Obama and his cohorts actually guaranteed in the stimulus bill that these bonuses would be paid. Now they're outraged? Pitiful. Maybe they should have given people a little time to READ the bill before they bulled it through.
I believe These bonuses came out of the Bush stimulus bill . they should return themif they have any conscience at all .
  • Author
I believe These bonuses came out of the Bush stimulus bill . they should return themif they have any conscience at all .

While the Senate constructed the $787 billion stimulus last month, Dodd unexpectedly added an executive-compensation restriction to the bill. That amendment provides an “exception for contractually obligated bonuses agreed on before Feb. 11, 2009,” which exempts the very AIG bonuses Dodd and others are seeking to tax. The amendment is in the final version and is law.

I believe These bonuses came out of the Bush stimulus bill . they should return themif they have any conscience at all .

 

In the Obama stimulus plan they were specifically allowed, so why are they acting so surprised now?

While the Senate constructed the $787 billion stimulus last month, Dodd unexpectedly added an executive-compensation restriction to the bill. That amendment provides an “exception for contractually obligated bonuses agreed on before Feb. 11, 2009,” which exempts the very AIG bonuses Dodd and others are seeking to tax. The amendment is in the final version and is law.

 

Saw where Dodd received $100,000 plus from AIG. Hmmmmmm.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.