16th Region Final: Lewis County vs Elliott County 03/10/09

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My only prediction is that Lewis County will have left everything they have on that floor when the final horn has sounded. Win or loose be very proud of what you have accomplished and there are 14 other teams watching you play for the chance to go to Rupp.

My only prediction is that Lewis County will have left everything they have on that floor when the final horn has sounded. Win or loose be very proud of what you have accomplished and there are 14 other teams watching you play for the chance to go to Rupp.

:thumb:

Let me say how excited I am about this game. Lewis County is my second favorite team in the region. In fact, if Elliott were to lose to anybody in the region, I would prefer it to be Lewis. Hampton is classy, and dedicated to his team.

As I sit in Johnson Arena last night, it dawned on me. The 16th region final four included three schools that (historically) have had little success in the tournament. The other school, APB, the winningest program in the state. The most lopsided game last night.......ironic!

Let me say how excited I am about this game. Lewis County is my second favorite team in the region. In fact, if Elliott were to lose to anybody in the region, I would prefer it to be Lewis. Hampton is classy, and dedicated to his team.

As I sit in Johnson Arena last night, it dawned on me. The 16th region final four included three schools that (historically) have had little success in the tournament. The other school, APB, the winningest program in the state. The most lopsided game last night.......ironic!

Ashland High School joined the association in 1917. Many schools in the state didn't join until the late 1950's-60's. So in fairness to other schools, they kinda got a head start. 1917 was the first year for the association. They have been a regionally dominant team in both boys and girls basketball, but other schools are closing the gap.:thumb:

Ashland High School joined the association in 1917. Many schools in the state didn't join until the late 1950's-60's. So in fairness to other schools, they kinda got a head start. 1917 was the first year for the association. They have been a regionally dominant team in both boys and girls basketball, but other schools are closing the gap.:thumb:

Understand that, but to be fair to AHS, that still makes them the program with the most wins in the state. Many other schools that did join in the 60's were consolidated schools.

Well stated and I completely agree!!

I'll be leaving Ashland here in a couple of hours and heading straight to the game!!!!!