Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Great Mike Casey on BCG .."He's in Over His Head"

Featured Replies

I am glad you are finding humor in it. Everyone I talk with who is associated with the program believes that the pressure is getting to him. I hope you are right and that next year shows marked improvement. They should with everyone back plus Orton, Pilgrim, etc coming on board.

 

You can rebuild MUCH faster in basketball than any other sport. Do you disagree with thatl? Does that tickle your funny bone as well?

 

That's pretty funny. Actually, they rebuild pretty quick in the NFL nowadays too.

  • Replies 152
  • Views 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look, it's not Billy G's fault that Crawford and Bradley were seniors last year and aren't on the team anymore. He's basically had two different teams to work with while here at KY. Give the man some time.

Of course, this situation has absolutely nothing to do with Orlando. God's chosen coach.

 

You all really should give up on blaming him. I mean the team now Tubby did not put together. He would have had 2 recruiting classes in if he was still here, and a chance that probably would have been people like Patterson and Jai Lucas. Then whoever he would have brought in this year. My guess would be that he probably would also start the better plays too, and Porter and Harris wouldn't be starting. This is not Tubby's team anymore, there wouldn't be all the same players here if Tubby was still here. However say if we had these exact same players, he probably would be playing the better ones atleast.

 

I mean I have already said that yeah Tubby probably shouldn't have brought in a likes of Porter, Harris, etc. However he is not the one playing them, so just like with Tubby. You should atleast not be happy with Billy G playing them, because he shouldn't be.

Look, it's not Billy G's fault that Crawford and Bradley were seniors last year and aren't on the team anymore. He's basically had two different teams to work with while here at KY. Give the man some time.

 

I not saying they should win the National Championship this year. However they have a team that has no business having as bad of a record as they do. They have 2 of the top 20 players in America, and some other talented players, however for whatever reason Billy G don't play them. If he plays them, we are not in this situation, so don't give him a free pass for this year. Yeah next year looks good, but no reason we should have a season where we might miss the NCAA tournament now, when we have a team that is definitely good enough to be in it.

You all really should give up on blaming him. I mean the team now Tubby did not put together. He would have had 2 recruiting classes in if he was still here, and a chance that probably would have been people like Patterson and Jai Lucas. Then whoever he would have brought in this year. My guess would be that he probably would also start the better plays too, and Porter and Harris wouldn't be starting. This is not Tubby's team anymore, there wouldn't be all the same players here if Tubby was still here. However say if we had these exact same players, he probably would be playing the better ones atleast.

 

I mean I have already said that yeah Tubby probably shouldn't have brought in a likes of Porter, Harris, etc. However he is not the one playing them, so just like with Tubby. You should atleast not be happy with Billy G playing them, because he shouldn't be.

 

 

First off, I wasn't blaming him for anything. I simply said this is the worst stretch of KY basektball, maybe ever. You may have been impressed with the past two seasons under Orlando, but I was not. I see no difference in Orlando's last two seasons and Billy G's first two, except Billy G has a better excuse.

I not saying they should win the National Championship this year. However they have a team that has no business having as bad of a record as they do. They have 2 of the top 20 players in America, and some other talented players, however for whatever reason Billy G don't play them. If he plays them, we are not in this situation, so don't give him a free pass for this year. Yeah next year looks good, but no reason we should have a season where we might miss the NCAA tournament now, when we have a team that is definitely good enough to be in it.

 

Yeah, he played his "talented" players at Ole Miss and you saw what happened. Patterson's finger or ankle has been injured ever since the conference started. Meeks has three players around him every time he touches the ball because nobody else on the team can shoot. He's almost completely starting over this season from last season. He deserves a much better "free pass" than Tubby did his last two seasons, would you not agree?

This is not a Tubby BCG debate! BCG does seem a bit overmatched at times, but he has made it to this level for some reason.

 

I want to cheer for the guy and pull for him to succeed because he is our coach!

 

Surprising comments from the UK legend!

This is not a Tubby BCG debate! BCG does seem a bit overmatched at times, but he has made it to this level for some reason.

 

I want to cheer for the guy and pull for him to succeed because he is our coach!

 

Surprising comments from the UK legend!

 

:thumb:

That's pretty funny. Actually, they rebuild pretty quick in the NFL nowadays too.

 

NFL is a bad comparison. Free agency allows them to 'buy' better players, experienced players in the offseason. But normally, the biggest positive change on many teams from one year to the next in the NFL is a new coach. :sssh: But I don't want that to happen. I just want to see improvement in the program, and right now, it isn't there.

 

In basketball, 1 or 2 players can make a HUGE difference in a program. Ask Pitino the difference that Mashburn made on the UK program. It was gianormus!

 

If both Patterson and Meeks stay (and I hope they do), with all that is coming next year, we should see a better team on the floor. If we don't I am afraid that these types of threads could be much worse.

 

I agree that this should be a Tubby vs BCG thread. I want BCG to succeed, I really do. If he succeeds, UK wins and as a big blue fan, I am happy! I just don't understand some of the things he does.

First off, I wasn't blaming him for anything. I simply said this is the worst stretch of KY basektball, maybe ever. You may have been impressed with the past two seasons under Orlando, but I was not. I see no difference in Orlando's last two seasons and Billy G's first two, except Billy G has a better excuse.

 

Were you not around for the end of the Sutton era? THAT was ugly! Thank God for Pitino, Mashburn and the Unforgettables.

Not the best comparison. In Tubby's last two years here, the SEC was ten times better than it has been the last two years...

 

This team should not be where it is at right now. Yeah Tubby brought in some players in like Harris and Porter who are not that great. However he is not the one who keeps playing them. I really dont get why Billy G has been doing that. As we seen the other night when he used a different lineup in the second half, we actually have some players that can play. He just chooses not to use them for whatever reason.

 

Do we really expect that Galloway, Liggins, Harrellson, and Miller could have just come in and started from day 1? I have no doubt they're more talented than Harris and Porter, but two of them are true freshmen, and the other two are transfers. Expecting them to perform as well (and as consistently) as juniors and seniors is silly.

 

Miller's progression has been obvious, and he's getting more involved as a result. There are very few guys who can come in and be like Patterson in their freshman year.

They have 2 of the top 20 players in America, and some other talented players, however for whatever reason Billy G don't play them. If he plays them, we are not in this situation ...
Which players are you referring to?

Suttons last year was an all time low for the program. These last four years without any sanctions or penalties have been the worst four I can remember. Simply done by people not taking care of business.

Were you not around for the end of the Sutton era? THAT was ugly! Thank God for Pitino, Mashburn and the Unforgettables.

 

Yes, we had one bad year during Sutton's last, and a very entartaining 14-14 the year after that. I don't think we've ever had a stretch this bad at KY, and really, it hasn't been that bad, just by KY standards.

Not the best comparison. In Tubby's last two years here, the SEC was ten times better than it has been the last two years...

 

This team should not be where it is at right now. Yeah Tubby brought in some players in like Harris and Porter who are not that great. However he is not the one who keeps playing them. I really dont get why Billy G has been doing that. As we seen the other night when he used a different lineup in the second half, we actually have some players that can play. He just chooses not to use them for whatever reason.

 

I agree, this team should not be where it is right now.

 

I disagree about your reference of Harris & Porter. It should have also included Stevenson, Stewart, & Carter. That's five players that would have to work very hard to be a back-up on any other top 15-20 type of team. Instead, 3 of those guys are starters right now.

 

But you make a good point about BCG's lack of playing time for some players--Galloway, in particular.

 

As I have said before, Tubby started this era of medocrity, and BCG is just continuing it--even making us more of a non-factor. Both men deserve a great deal of blame.

 

Assuming we don't make the Dance or don't get past the 1st weekend of the Dance, this year will make the 5th out of 6 seasons where we didn't make it to the Sweet 16. The exception being the 04-05 team which lost to MSU in the Elite Eight. In 3 of his last 4 seasons, Tubby had us home the first weekend of the Dance.

 

BCG has failed to win a post-season game @ UK--a trend I fear will continue this season.

 

The Tubby vs. BCG debate doesn't make sense to me. Tubby was turning UK into just another program. BCG is struggling to keep us from falling even further off the radar.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.