Franklin County 71 Western Hills 38

doomer

Let me say as someone who doesn't care who won, I thought the officials let the game get out of hand. The game was physical in the 3rd and I could see WHHS getting emotional on many missed calls. Now those no calls went BOTH ways.

WHHS let their emotions take over. I would say because they were trailing. I agree the technical fouls they received where deserved. I will say that the kid ejected for WHHS Hills did not deserve to be tossed out. I was sitting feet from what went down and he said nothing that deserved ejection.

I do blame the officials for letting the game get out of control. They missed to many hard fouls. They did a poor job on Wednesday night as well. The short official has called plenty of games I have seen this season and he is just consistantly bad.

As for them being the reason FCHS won, I would say no. FCHS had taken control of the tempo and game. Conner, Hall and Donavan had outstanding night on the backboard that led to many second chance points.

Congrats to FCHS, I think they have a great shot at winning the region. They just need to focus on one game at a time.

I would bet I was closer than you and when a kid shoves another player and says probably the worst word you can say then he should be thrown out.

I would bet I was closer than you and when a kid shoves another player and says probably the worst word you can say then he should be thrown out.

He was given the T for saying the word. Another kid was given the T for shoving.

I will say again the T was justified. The ejection wasn't.

He was given the T for saying the word. Another kid was given the T for shoving.

I think the kids on the floor know what was said and based on that the ejection was deserved, obviously the refs heard it too.

I thought Satterwhite deserved to make the all tourny team as he had a very good game against Woodford Co. The kid that got ejected in my opinion didn't. Isn't it sort of enabling him to act that way in the future by rewarding him with all tournament honors ?

I think the kids on the floor know what was said and based on that the ejection was deserved, obviously the refs heard it too.

I thought Satterwhite deserved to make the all tourny team as he had a very good game against Woodford Co. The kid that got ejected in my opinion didn't. Isn't it sort of enabling him to act that way in the future by rewarding him with all tournament honors ?

I agree completley!!! Satterwhite was much more deserving.

There were three technicals called. The first for a player's words to a ref after a call, the second for a blatant elbow thrown from a different player, and the third was the ejection. This was also a different player who pushed and spoke selective words to an FC player. This is fact because I saw it and the FC player that it happened to told me exactly what was said from the kid after he was shoved by this same player. Franklin County stayed composed after some hard fouls and they can take that because you know a team is frustrated when they are being dominated. But when cheap shots play in, and things are going on after the whistle, the refs have to get control of the game so no one is hurt going into the region. Technicals needed to be called to get control of it and FC was more composed and did not deserve any technicals from what I saw. All the technicals called were deserved. I do not see how Western Hills can complain so much about the refs when they clearly started to foul more often, and harder as the lead stretched out. This goes to that thread about foul disparity. The foul count is going to be much different if one team is fouling way more than another. People can no way seriously think that the refs gave Franklin County the game unless they live in their own fantasy bubble (which could be likely).

Also, the kid ejected made the all-tournament team with ZERO points and TWO assists in the championship game. How do the voters put him on it and not Satterwhite who had a good first round game and finished the championship without technicals or ejection. Maybe he wasn't impressive in the finals but he is much more deserving of the award.

:thumb: Mike had a good game against Woodford and had tough matchups against FC and not much help.

Very true, with Andy guarding you, there's not much you can do on offense or defense. But his performance against Woodford should have earned him a spot on the All Tourney team. Especially over someone who was ejected.

No one votes on the All- Tourney team. Coaching staff decides who gets on the team. It is like that in every tournament.

Coaching staffs decide the all-tourney team, but the MVP vote is by the media. In this case the reps from the state-journal and woodford-sun decided the MVP for the 41st District.

The Wolverines have nothing to be ashamed of. If you are not from Holmes or Scott Co. then you haven't beaten FCHS either. Franklin Co. is very good and has good reason to be proud of their team.

Western Hills is making their third straight trip to regions so they seem to have turned things around.

The very same official who gave the "questionable" ejection has given the following in 41st district games this year.

Technical on Scott Chalk versus Woodford

Technical on JD Miller in WCHS vs WHHS regular season

Technical on Mike Satterwhite vs WCHS regular season

Technical on Cam Lee vs WCHS regular season

And a slew of them last night.

Western Hills has had three other technicals called the entire season.

FCHS technicals have been minimal also.

Both teams have lots of class.

Both teams played hard and good luck to them in regional play