Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where do you stand with Billy Gillispie

Where do you stand with Billy Gillispie? 114 members have voted

  1. 1. Where do you stand with Billy Gillispie?

    • Gillispie is the right man for the job.
      40%
    • Gillispie is the wrong man for the job.
      21%
    • Indifferent on progress of Gillispie
      38%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Until he has a full roster of his OWN players, I will reserve judgement.

  • Replies 85
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be willing to bet that the guys who are calling for BCG's head are the same guys who were calling for Rich Brooks head three years ago.

 

BCG has had ONE YEAR OF ACTUAL RECRUITING...

 

Seriously...:ohbrother:

 

Jeeze.:eek:

 

Says a lot about you guys...

IMO Meeks would not of set any records or even be averaging 15+ if Tubby is here. I say that because Patterson would not of been here and the open looks he got before everyone found out he was a scorer wouldnt of been there. We would be an average Tubby team and in the same decline we been in the past 8+ years.

 

I'm not sure, but how is Tubby's team doing this year???:sssh:

I'm not sure, but how is Tubby's team doing this year???:sssh:

 

Big Ten is just as bad and maybe worse then the SEC. The real good conferences this this year are the ACC and Big East.

 

I'd be surprised if the Final Four had one team out of those two conferences (Big East and ACC).

 

That argument has no grounds here.:deadhorse:

IMO Meeks would not of set any records or even be averaging 15+ if Tubby is here. I say that because Patterson would not of been here and the open looks he got before everyone found out he was a scorer wouldnt of been there. We would be an average Tubby team and in the same decline we been in the past 8+ years.

 

1. Noone knows how Meeks would have fared under Tubby, however, OTS gave him a lot of PT as a frosh and thought very highly of him for a reason.

2. Patterson was coming to UK when Tubby was here. That was information that I got straight from reliable sources in WV who said the only time Patterson got froggy on UK was when OTS left. However, Billy Clyde did a great job in re-recruiting him.

 

Why do the Tubby haters take every opportunity in a thread about UK, nearly 2 seasons after he left, to bash him? UK had a few less than stellar seasons under Tubby, but the overall job he did at UK was excellent.

Big Ten is just as bad and maybe worse then the SEC. The real good conferences this this year are the ACC and Big East.

 

I'd be surprised if the Final Four had one team out of those two conferences (Big East and ACC).

 

That argument has no grounds here.:deadhorse:

 

Big Ten is not strong this year and noone can dispute IMHO, that the Big East and ACC are the strongest conferences this season. But it does seem that Tubby's Gophers pulled off the win at UL this season. That is stronger than any win the Cats have so far (and I say that as a True Blue Cat fan). He also inherited a team that won a whopping 9 games before he got there. The teams that were beating Minnesota before he got there, aren't doing it now.

Don't really care. I wish him and UK well but care more about what happens at UL.

 

I did a kick out of his response to the reporter at halftime of the game the other day. :lol:

I'm still on the fence about BCG.

In my opinion, his arrogance and super-ego do not play well for running a program the stature of UK. All to often his "thin-skinned" retorts to anyone having the audacity to question his decisions is troubling to me. He would thrive much better in a program where his action/reactions are not scrutinized in the manner that they are at a big time program

  • Author
In my opinion, his arrogance and super-ego do not play well for running a program the stature of UK. All to often his "thin-skinned" retorts to anyone having the audacity to question his decisions is troubling to me. He would thrive much better in a program where his action/reactions are not scrutinized in the manner that they are at a big time program

 

This is kind of confusing to me. What do you mean by being "thin-skinned" and arrognant? I've never seen him say anything about people questioning his play calling or anything he has done outside of the basketball world.

The three things that bother me most(and although I am not a coach, these items seem like coaching fundamentals to me) are the unusual substitution patterns, refusal to call necessary timeouts( see Joe B. Hall here) and the refusal to go with a zone occasionally. Using a zone not only makes the other teams "prepare" for it, but completely can change the momentum of the game when things go bad, also allow supposedly weak defensive players(see Harrrelson) to be hidden a bit to take advantage of their offensive skills.

 

I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt on personnel, more time needed, etc. but the above mentioned items are bothersome to me at this time.

Question to our Members: What do you think about his substitution pattern, if you make a mistake/error in the game, you'll be out.

 

Does this tend to make players hesitant, to make the pass, take a shot or play reserved at times.

:thumb::thumb::thumb: Right on with this one. How long was Rick Pitino at UK before he got his first National Championship?

 

I was joking and making fun of people who say fire him.

Question to our Members: What do you think about his substitution pattern, if you make a mistake/error in the game, you'll be out.

 

Does this tend to make players hesitant, to make the pass, take a shot or play reserved at times.

 

That was basically the same thing with Tubby. He would pull Sparks or Woo quickly after a mistake. I think his sub patterns are getting better. He is letting them play more before pulling them. However, Porter won't shoot the ball regardless.

He doesn't always pull them after a mistake, but he does if it's a dumb mistake. I don't mind it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.