Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where do you stand with Billy Gillispie

Where do you stand with Billy Gillispie? 114 members have voted

  1. 1. Where do you stand with Billy Gillispie?

    • Gillispie is the right man for the job.
      40%
    • Gillispie is the wrong man for the job.
      21%
    • Indifferent on progress of Gillispie
      38%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

After a loss today, many of you are upset, and rightfully so. But some feel that Gillispie isn't the right man for the job after they lose to a NCAA Tournament team South Carolina that has two of the best players in the entire league in Frederick and Downey.

 

So, let's get some facts in the water so everyone can decide for themselves:

 

34-19 in 2 seasons at Kentucky.

17-6 in the SEC.

10-1 in SEC home games.

25-6 overall at home.

0-1 in NCAAT

0-1 in SECT

  • Replies 85
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still like BCG. He is in a tough spot, taking over a team who has been "down." The fans are hungry for a final 4 team and rightfully so it has been a while. BCG is still dealing with the ups and downs of Tubby's guys. You go from a Meeks to a Porter. Right now it would appear he will go as far as Tubby would with this team probably second round maybe sweet 16. When he took over the fans dreamed each night of the Pitino recruiting days. He needs to pull a few rabbits out of his hat with some big time recruits and I think all will be well.

  • Author
I still like BCG. He is in a tough spot, taking over a team who has been "down." The fans are hungry for a final 4 team and rightfully so it has been a while. BCG is still dealing with the ups and downs of Tubby's guys. You go from a Meeks to a Porter. When he took over the fans dreamed each night of the Pitino recruiting days. He needs to pull a few rabbits out of his hat with some big time recruits and I think all will be well.

 

My sentiments exactly. I think people underestimated the actual rebuilding of this team. You can't look at the players here under Tubby and see anything that would make you expect great things - OUTSIDE of Meeks, who was a solid role-player until he was guided under Gillispie.

 

And you couldn't have said it better when you noted that the fans are hungry for a Final Four team and those just don't happen over night.

I think he is doing a fine job. This years team is better than last. If Meeks and Patterson (or at least 1 of them) come back next year, I look for more improvement.

 

It takes time.

I think he has made some serious stretches in recruiting so far, but that's the nature of playing catch up.

 

His PR image is at risk though. He hasn't handled himself well when times get tough recently...

We all must remember that SC is a good team that may make the NCAA Tourny.

 

SSF has them as a lock...

I like the guy, but I still don't have a handle on him totally. I do agree with letting him get more of his own recruits in here before passing judgement. We're not in the best of shape, folks. We have a post-sanction type team without having been in trouble. The team was a shell of it's past self when he took over and it's not going to get back on top overnight. He's trying to rebuild a program that never should have been in the shape it got to when he got it. We'll see what he does when he stocks up with more talent.

  • Author
SSF has them as a lock...

 

Unless things just fall apart, why wouldn't they be?

 

They lost by three AT Tennessee.

Beat Florida. Beat Kentucky. Won at Baylor.

We have a post-sanction type team without having been in trouble.

 

IU and UC are post sanction situations. Not UK at all...

I wish he was capable of being a better in game coach and not so stubborn. The game has changed too much to just play man-to-man all the time. Especially when you do not have the personnel at times to do so. I still do not think he will accomplish what his two predecessors accomplished at UK.

Unless things just fall apart, why wouldn't they be?

 

They lost by three AT Tennessee.

Beat Florida. Beat Kentucky. Won at Baylor.

 

On the good side of the bubble right now. Far from a lock...

IU and UC are post sanction situations. Not UK at all...

 

 

:thumb:

  • Author
On the good side of the bubble right now. Far from a lock...

 

No one in the SEC is a "lock" right now.

 

I believe they are a tournament team, but no where did I say they were a lock. :thumb:

He'll do fine at UK. I didn't think Brooks was the guy and many said, "give him time" and he's improved greatly. He needs some impact type of players and recruiting is a constant process.

 

The sun will rise tomorrow and the sky is not falling in Lexington.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.