Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where do you stand with Billy Gillispie

Where do you stand with Billy Gillispie? 114 members have voted

  1. 1. Where do you stand with Billy Gillispie?

    • Gillispie is the right man for the job.
      40%
    • Gillispie is the wrong man for the job.
      21%
    • Indifferent on progress of Gillispie
      38%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author

Agreed with the mistakes part. If you look, outside of Miller and Harrellson, and maybe Porter, being pulled hasn't really caused anyone to stop looking for their shot. I think it has also helped with their shooting and decision making - that is why they make such a high percentage.

  • Replies 85
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To clarify, I said post sanction "TYPE" team. I never said we were under or coming off of sanctions.The teams (talent wise) we have put on the floor the last 3 or 4 seasons look like teams that are in or finishing sanctions. One or two very good players and scrambling to find compatible fillers.

 

I know we have not been on sanctions for quite a while. We, however, do look like the teams that have, though. Recruiting by the past staff was hit and miss (more miss than hit in the last years) and now we are "rebuilding" as the case may be. BCG has to have 2 or 3 more seasons to prove or disprove himself and what he can or can't do.

 

 

I don't agree. But that is the beauty of this site.

Big Ten is just as bad and maybe worse then the SEC. The real good conferences this this year are the ACC and Big East.

 

I'd be surprised if the Final Four had one team out of those two conferences (Big East and ACC).

 

That argument has no grounds here.:deadhorse:

 

The Big 10 is not as bad because they are better at the top. Other than that, they are about the same.

I'll give him 4 years before I make any type of judgment on his coaching.

After yesterdays game I came to conclusion that I question his coaching ability. He's a great recruiter dont get me wrong but yesterday he just didnt impress me.

In my opinion, his arrogance and super-ego do not play well for running a program the stature of UK. All to often his "thin-skinned" retorts to anyone having the audacity to question his decisions is troubling to me. He would thrive much better in a program where his action/reactions are not scrutinized in the manner that they are at a big time program

 

Does this not describe Rick Pitino? Not that I want to drop BCG to that level.

Im on the fence with Gillispie, the basketball side of things has very little to do with my worries though. He has to do a better job with the media, that is part of being coach at kentucky. When he wins 900+ games he can be a jerk like bobby knight. Also some of the in house traditons that he has changed or put to the way side worries me.

Until he has a full roster of his OWN players, I will reserve judgement.

 

:thumb:

Until he has a full roster of his OWN players, I will reserve judgement.

 

I believe the Leading scorer on the team is not one of his Own players...:cool:

I think Billy G is the right guy for it. You just have to give him a year or so, so he can get his own players in. Tubby is the one that Kentucky is struggling because of his lack of getting good players in at Kentucky. If we would have a true point guard and a three player that can score we would be okay.

 

I like how he coaches. He coaches with the players we have. Just wait till we get his players in here.

I think Billy G is the right guy for it. You just have to give him a year or so, so he can get his own players in. Tubby is the one that Kentucky is struggling because of his lack of getting good players in at Kentucky. If we would have a true point guard and a three player that can score we would be okay.

 

I like how he coaches. He coaches with the players we have. Just wait till we get his players in here.

 

 

 

So are you saying Jodie Meeks is not a good player?

 

Quote...Tubby is the one that Kentucky is struggling because of his lack of getting good players in at Kentucky...

I guess it isnt a team game. I guess his freshman year when Tubby coached here he average 8.7 points a game and now that Tubby is gone he is averaging 25 points a game.

 

Tubby right now is the reason why Kentucky is losing.

I guess it isnt a team game. I guess his freshman year when Tubby coached here he average 8.7 points a game and now that Tubby is gone he is averaging 25 points a game.

 

Tubby right now is the reason why Kentucky is losing.

 

:rolleyes::laugh::ohbrother:

I never said that Jodie Meeks is not a good player. There are two good players on the team right now that are guys that Tubby signed. The rest are all Billy's people.

 

Jodie Meeks

Perry Stevenson

 

Harris is good but shouldnt be starting at Kentucky.

I guess it isnt a team game. I guess his freshman year when Tubby coached here he average 8.7 points a game and now that Tubby is gone he is averaging 25 points a game.

 

Tubby right now is the reason why Kentucky is losing.

 

So do you think that if Billy G had been coaching Meeks as a Freshman He would have averaged 25 points a game instead of 8.7?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.