Elliott County tops Cantrall’s first ratings.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin Co might have beat Mason but anyone who watched that game would be hard pressed to say Franklin is better than Mason. Boston College beat North Carolina today but does everyone think BC is better???????

Franklin has a better team this year IMO. They are very experienced and talented. I believe Franklin Co. is a better defensive team. They are older and very physical. Mason has a very good team also, but I just believe Franklin is stronger. And they are 1-0 against Mason this year, so that supports my opinion.:lol:

Franklin Co might have beat Mason but anyone who watched that game would be hard pressed to say Franklin is better than Mason. Boston College beat North Carolina today but does everyone think BC is better???????

Does these rankings go on who should have won or who actually won the game? FC did beat MC, fact, If FC had shot better it would have been a larger margin, from the rebound margin it was certainly an indication MC may have been fortunate losing by one. I would say FC is better. I know, rebounds do not get any attention, on points.

I disagree with your assessment. Franklin County did not play well offensively against Mason Co.

Scott Co ahead of Holmes is a joke. Anytime you have a computer doing rankings, you're obviously going to have errors.

I disagree though that the top 5 could be picked out of a hat. AT THIS POINT, Holmes is clearly the best team in the state and of the top 5 teams, is the only one who has proved enough to make that claim.

Doesn't really matter though. The only ranking that matters is the one after March 21st.

Scott Co ahead of Holmes is a joke. Anytime you have a computer doing rankings, you're obviously going to have errors.

I disagree though that the top 5 could be picked out of a hat. AT THIS POINT, Holmes is clearly the best team in the state and of the top 5 teams, is the only one who has proved enough to make that claim.

Doesn't really matter though. The only ranking that matters is the one after March 21st.

I know we have this argument all the time, but Holmes isn't clearly better than Elliott County.

How is Boone County ranked 10th?

IMO: Boone should be somewhere around 20-25.

I think Boone is a top 20 team at this point. 10th is probably too high. Their strength of schedule and the combined records of the teams they have played are pretty high, and their only 2 losses are in OT to top 20 13-1 Trinity from the strong 7th region and by 4 to top 10 13-0 Eastern from the 7th.

I think Boone is a top 20 team at this point. 10th is probably too high. Their strength of schedule and the combined records of the teams they have played are pretty high, and their only 2 losses are in OT to top 20 13-1 Trinity from the strong 7th region and by 4 to top 10 13-0 Eastern from the 7th.

I agree they are a top 20 team. I just said that they are nowhere near a top 10 team and should be somewhere between 20-25.

I agree they are a top 20 team. I just said that they are nowhere near a top 10 team and should be somewhere between 20-25.

I think they would be somewhere between 15 and 20 at this point, probably closer to 20. However, they have a tough game tonight at Scott, plus several more tough games remaining, including Highlands, CovCath, Ballard, Ryle, Holmes, etc. The 9th region is one of the top regions in the state and I would think they would have a couple of teams in the top 20 if the 11th has 6th and the 7th has 5 and the 10th has 2. Plus, rankings don't mean a lot anyway until the end-of-season tournaments.

Of course one game does not a season make, but I have seen both teams several times. Franklin County would beat Mason County 2 out of 3, but I think the games will always be close. Mason County can continue to discuss their missed free throws, but Franklin County shot poorly. The difference is Mason can't rebound with Franklin County.