Elliott County tops Cantrall’s first ratings.

I can't argue with you, I haven't seen them play. I have seen Jenkins play a number of times over the years including this summer. Having seen them play 3 times, and with the number of high school games you attend, I trust your judgement.

I know Jenkins is a good ball player and they have another guard, Samsin (spelling?) that is nice but, has trouble controlling his temper, otherwise they just don't seem all that talented.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Co ahead of Holmes is a joke. Anytime you have a computer doing rankings, you're obviously going to have errors.

I disagree though that the top 5 could be picked out of a hat. AT THIS POINT, Holmes is clearly the best team in the state and of the top 5 teams, is the only one who has proved enough to make that claim.

Doesn't really matter though. The only ranking that matters is the one after March 21st.

The top 5 could be picked out of hat!

There is NO clear cut # 1 in the state at this point.

What has Holmes proved to make the claim?

There are other teams that have proved as much as anyone else in the state.

The top 5 could be picked out of hat!

There is NO clear cut # 1 in the state at this point.

What has Holmes proved to make the claim?

There are other teams that have proved as much as anyone else in the state.

How could the top 5 be picked out of hat when Holmes has beaten 2 of those top 5 teams???

Let's see...

3-1 vs top 10

W's- #3 Scott Co, #4 Bryan Station (both #1 at the time), #8 Ballard

Avenged their only loss with an 18 point win over Station ON STATION'S HOME FLOOR

Combined 5-1 against the 7th and 11th regions

W's- Scott Co, Bryan Station, Tates Creek, Ballard, Seneca

12-1 record

I think Holmes has more than proved themselves the best team in the state. If not for an early season let down in the second game of the year, we'd be talking about Holmes being undefeated right now.

2-3-4 could be picked out of a hat but IMO no way you can rank any of the other teams above Holmes when looking at their resume. Scott Co and Holmes are the only two teams to even play top 5 competition and that's because they played eachother. Until someone knocks off Holmes, IMO they are the #1 team in the state regardless of what the silly computer systems say.

EC is no doubt a top 3 team in the state, but IMO the only reason they're even ranked #1 in Cantrall's, Maxpreps, and Calpreps is because of their margin of victory over lesser opponents. That's not a knock on them at all as they are clearly as good as advertised and can't help the fact that their region is down. I ask you this though; Would EC have the same record playing Holmes, Scott Co, or J'town's schedule? Think about that and you'll realize why Holmes is (AT THIS POINT) the clear #1.

How could the top 5 be picked out of hat when Holmes has beaten 2 of those top 5 teams???

Let's see...

3-1 vs top 10

Avenged their only loss with an 18 point win over Station ON STATION'S HOME FLOOR

12-1 record

I think Holmes has more than proved themselves the best team in the state. If not for an early season let down in the second game of the year, we'd be talking about Holmes being undefeated right now.

2-3-4 could be picked out of a hat but IMO no way you can rank any of the other teams above Holmes when looking at their resume. Scott Co and Holmes are the only two teams to even play top 5 competition and that's because they played eachother. Until someone knocks off Holmes, IMO they are the #1 team in the state regardless of what the silly computer systems say.

EC is no doubt a top 3 team in the state, but IMO the only reason they're even ranked #1 in Cantrall's, Maxpreps, and Calpreps is because of their margin of victory over lesser opponents. That's not a knock on them at all as they are clearly as good as advertised and can't help the fact that their region is down. I ask you this though; Would EC have the same record playing Holmes, Scott Co, or J'town's schedule? Think about that and you'll realize why Holmes is (AT THIS POINT) the clear #1.

Nobody knows if they would have the same record or not. They might have a better record.:sssh:

Nobodt knows if they would have the same record or not. They might have a better record.:sssh:

:lol:

Only time will tell my friend. It's tough to argue against Holmes not being #1 though when they've beaten TWO top 5 teams (both ranked #1 at the time), which no other team in the state can say.

I see it like this:

1. Holmes (Until beaten)

2. Elliot Co

2. Scott Co.

4. J'town

5. Bryan Station

:lol:

Only time will tell my friend. It's tough to argue against Holmes not being #1 though when they've beaten TWO top 5 teams (both ranked #1 at the time), which no other team in the state can say.

I see it like this:

1. Holmes (Until beaten)

2. Elliot Co

2. Scott Co.

4. J'town

5. Bryan Station

I still can't see Elliot in front of Scott County.

Let's see...

3-1 vs top 10

12-1 record

I have watched basketball on all levels for 30+ years. Had a stint at coaching, reffing, etc. I know the sport. The answer to the highlighted is YES! I watched All of the so called top five in Ky more than once this season. I watched all the teams Elliott played in the BBC more than once and they were all on the level of top ten in Ky and a couple would be in top five if not number one. So thats why I realize(AT THIS POINT) there is no clear cut # 1

[/b]

I have watched basketball on all levels for 30+ years. Had a stint at coaching, reffing, etc. I know the sport. The answer to the highlighted is YES! I watched All of the so called top five in Ky more than once this season. I watched all the teams Elliott played in the BBC more than once and they were all on the level of top ten in Ky and a couple would be in top five if not number one. So thats why I realize(AT THIS POINT) there is no clear cut # 1

Very well said. I think that Southside team that Elliott beat in Myrtle Beach would be top 5 in Kentucky and Pickering wouldn't be far behind.

I still can't see Elliott in front of Scott County.

Me neither, but when you look at the match ups, Elliott is the type of team that could give SC problems because they're so good from behind the arc. That's why I put them TIED at #2 with SC.

[/b]

It's like an old saying goes...

"To be the man, you have to beat the man." ;)

What would your argument be for Holmes NOT being #1? I think you'll be hard pressed to find an answer to that.