Elliott County tops Cantrall’s first ratings.

From what I've seen so far, it's been a very crazy season. How could anyone be accurate on ratings. I do think that Scott Co, Holmes and Elliott Co should be in the top 5 and from there on it's a toss up.

I agree with your post although Jtown and Easten are where they should be as well, as these two teams have performed to this point in the season.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've seen so far, it's been a very crazy season. How could anyone be accurate on ratings. I do think that Scott Co, Holmes and Elliott Co should be in the top 5 and from there on it's a toss up.

I have to agree with you. I think Holmes is the best of the three though.

I agree with your post although Jtown and Easten are where they should be as well, as these two teams have performed to this point in the season.

I saw Eastern play Boone County over the holidays and although they are a good team, I was not convinced. Who have been the better teams that they have played?

I havn't seen Eastern Play and only saw J-town in summer ball and they were really tough. As I mentioned before ,it's been a crazy season as I saw where J-town barely beat Doss and Clark beat Doss Easily. I can't tell alot about it this year.

The only rating I completely agree with is my own. :p What I am wondering is what will happen next week if say a certain team plays only one game against a lower rated opponent and wins everything else being equal. Does anyone know the formula?

The only rating I completely agree with is my own. :p What I am wondering is what will happen next week if say a certain team plays only one game against a lower rated opponent and wins everything else being equal. Does anyone know the formula?

What's your top 5 or 10?

I havn't seen Eastern Play and only saw J-town in summer ball and they were really tough. As I mentioned before ,it's been a crazy season as I saw where J-town barely beat Doss and Clark beat Doss Easily. I can't tell alot about it this year.
You are right, GRC clocked Doss.

Manual does not show up in these rankings as they are power ratings based on performance, but as Jenkins gets back to form they will be really tough.

You are right, GRC clocked Doss.

Manual does not show up in these rankings as they are power ratings based on performance, but as Jenkins gets back to form they will be really tough.

I know Jenkins wasn't up to par at the Lex Cath tourney but Manual didn't impress me at all. I saw them play three games.

I think they would be somewhere between 15 and 20 at this point, probably closer to 20. However, they have a tough game tonight at Scott, plus several more tough games remaining, including Highlands, CovCath, Ballard, Ryle, Holmes, etc. The 9th region is one of the top regions in the state and I would think they would have a couple of teams in the top 20 if the 11th has 6th and the 7th has 5 and the 10th has 2. Plus, rankings don't mean a lot anyway until the end-of-season tournaments.

The 9th region only has two teams who deserve to be ranked in the top 20 because there is a huge drop in the 9th after Holmes and Boone.

The 9th region only has two teams who deserve to be ranked in the top 20 because there is a huge drop in the 9th after Holmes and Boone.

Wouldn't say huge drop -off after Holmes and Boone.....just after Holmes. Boone will find out soon when they begin playing locals that they are not way better then HHS, NCC, Ryle, Conner Scott, HC etc. Not saying they don't deserve to be ranked second in NKY at this point, but they are not way ahead of the rest.

I know Jenkins wasn't up to par at the Lex Cath tourney but Manual didn't impress me at all. I saw them play three games.
I can't argue with you, I haven't seen them play. I have seen Jenkins play a number of times over the years including this summer. Having seen them play 3 times, and with the number of high school games you attend, I trust your judgement.