14th region:

Who's at the top of the region now since Hazard, PCC, and Knott Co. played in the 5th/3rd tourn. in Lexington this past weekend. Hazard finish 2 and 2, and I think PCC finish 1 and 2 and Knott got blown away in 2 of their 3 games.:ylsuper:

I think Hazard is still the #1 team in the region. Knott Central's probably 2nd and Letcher Central 3rd. Perry Central, June Buchanan, Lee County, Estill County, Cordia, Breathitt County, Buckhorn and Wolfe County would probably fall somewhere in the next grouping, between 4 and 11.

I had the opportunity to watch Perry Co. Central play in the 5th/3rd. They are still developing as a team and should be a hard team to beat come tournament time. They seemed to be very physical and like to scrap and fight for the ball. Any team that does that will have to see some good things happen. Hazard is very talented and is probably still the best team in the region but this could be a year that a team comes out of nowhere and shocks everyone. One thing is for sure; the 14th is always a battle to the end.

1. Hazard

2. KCC

3. LCC

4. PCC

5. JBS

6. Cordia

7. Buckhorn

8. Breathitt Co

9. Estill Co

10. Lee Co.

11. Wolfe Co.

12. Powell Co.

13. Jackson City

14. Leslie Co.

15. Owsley Co.

16. Jenkins

17. Riverside

Lee beat Estill and Buckhorn and should rated above them

Not necessarily, Lee beat Owsley by 18 or so. Estill beat Owsley by 30 plus so forth and so on. Those spots are to be debateable.

Is that why Estill beat Riverside by 88 points yesterday? To improve their rankings (snicker snicker)?

Lee also held Owsley to only 34 total points, and Wolfe (averaging 79 ppg) to 58 (at Wolfe). Pretty impressive defense at times. Occasionally Lee falls apart due to this being an entirely new team, but they are adjusting they sure haven't peaked.

Anyway, Lee has a better overall record, is undefeated in region (Estill has 4 losses albeit to top teams) and has a better 'in district' record...and has beat Estill by 12. How can they be ranked below Estill?

Most of these opinion-board rankings don't amount to a hill of beans, but just throwing my 2 cents in.

Is that why Estill beat Riverside by 88 points yesterday? To improve their rankings (snicker snicker)?

Lee also held Owsley to only 34 total points, and Wolfe (averaging 79 ppg) to 58 (at Wolfe). Pretty impressive defense at times. Occasionally Lee falls apart due to this being an entirely new team, but they are adjusting they sure haven't peaked.

Anyway, Lee has a better overall record, is undefeated in region (Estill has 4 losses albeit to top teams) and has a better 'in district' record...and has beat Estill by 12. How can they be ranked below Estill?

Most of these opinion-board rankings don't amount to a hill of beans, but just throwing my 2 cents in.

:lol::lol: