Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands Cannon Crew

Featured Replies

I don't have specifics but I learned today that one of our cannon crew members was involved in an accident and it was pretty serious. I ask all BGP'ers to say a prayer for the crew and for all of the Bluebird faithful.

  • Replies 140
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

All I know is it involved firing off the cannon as the bus was leaving. Nothing deadly but still a tragic accident.

No, I dont want to say too much but it was an accident involving the firing of the cannon. He suffered a very serious hand injury.

No, I dont want to say too much but it was an accident involving the firing of the cannon. He suffered a very serious hand injury.

 

Prayers go out to the parent involved as well as his family and the rest of the Bluebird faithful.

 

Do you know if a certain player made the trip with the team? Or did he stay back?

Is the cannon crew made up of students or adults?

Is the cannon crew made up of students or adults?

 

Adults.

A few years back they had a slight injury to a football official; now, the news reports that a man lost his hand. They should discontinue shooting off the cannon. It is not safe!

A few years back they had a slight injury to a football official; now, the news reports that a man lost his hand. They should discontinue shooting off the cannon. It is not safe!

 

When I heard about this accident, the thought that someone may choose to discontinue this tradition did cross my mind.

 

Does this fall under the school's insurance coverage?

Hope he recovers and all is well.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.