Perfect North!!

ukfan14

You are not too old. All ages were out there. We had a blast. You should try it. No skill is required for the tubing. The first time I just closed my eyes.

AHA! Something at which I have an outside chance of being successful.

However, being a competitive person; I'm afraid that I would be tempted to rent some skis, hit the bunny slope, take on something that I'm not capable of, and mangle an appendage.stretcher.gif

Anyone own their own ski's ?

I try to go skiing 3 or 4 times a winter and have always thought about buying my own set. Not really because I feel like I need a better set of ski's but because my foot is so big. I wear a size 15 and the ski boots usually only go up to a 13 or 14. I squeeze my foot in something that is a size or two small and the pain by the end of the day is pretty much unbearable.

Could I avoid buying the ski's and just use a pair of boots I bought myself with the resorts ski's or would that not work ?

I have my own set. One of the best purchases I have made.

You could bring your own boots no problem. But if you were going to make that purchase, I'd go ahead and get everything.

AHA! Something at which I have an outside chance of being successful.

However, being a competitive person; I'm afraid that I would be tempted to rent some skis, hit the bunny slope, take on something that I'm not capable of, and mangle an appendage.stretcher.gif

:thumb: I hear you but my wife is afraid to play bingo and did it as did my 10 year old. you just have 8 years on me. We're not too brittle IF we stay on the tubes. If you get on the ski slopes I cannot take responsibility for you. I got dizzy just looking up at it.

So, a serious question for those who are cra..., I mean brave enough to ski on a regular basis.

If I ever do decide to ski, at 6'0", 185 pounds and a size 11 shoe; is there a certain size or type of skis that I should rent? Is there such a thing as a rank amateur, never-done-it-before ski?

Do they offer full body armor as part of the rental package?

So, a serious question for those who are cra..., I mean brave enough to ski on a regular basis.

If I ever do decide to ski, at 6'0", 185 pounds and a size 11 shoe; is there a certain size or type of skis that I should rent? Is there such a thing as a rank amateur, never-done-it-before ski?

Do they offer full body armor as part of the rental package?

You fill out your height and weight on a rental form paper they give to you, and you hand it into the workers. They will choose the correct length skis for you. They also have you check what level skier you are, from 1 to 3 with 1 being relatively new.

You fill out your height and weight on a rental form paper they give to you, and you hand it into the workers. They will choose the correct length skis for you. They also have you check what level skier you are, from 1 to 3 with 1 being relatively new.

If 1 is relatively new, where does "never even tried on a pair of skis or boots" fall on the scale?

Is it safe to assume that "skis for experts" are different from "skis for beginners"?