Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 71 Delaware St. 42

Featured Replies

First of all, BCG is a fine coach. He has been a winner everywhere he has went. He is the reigning SEC Coach of the Year. We have lost exactly one game that we should've won this season. Noone in the world would have predicted a 3-0 start. This team is a team that will continue to get better. I get the feeling that BCG is a tail doesn't wag the dog type of coach. By that, I mean he tells the team how it is - if they follow, they play. If they buck the system, they watch. He tears the team down early in the season, even at the expense of losing a few early games. Come SEC play, he has the team ready to go and they will be ready for March. That is his style and its hard to complain after seeing the turnaround last season.

 

Most of my fellow UK fans that I know (outside of BGP) want to blame Tubby then wont give Billy G any time. Cant have it both ways.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the most significant win for UK basketball this season. Way to go Cats. You have definitely made believers out of us.

Probably the most significant win for UK basketball this season. Way to go Cats. You have definitely made believers out of us.

 

 

I guess by default that would be correct...;)

I guess by default that would be correct...;)

 

I have always prided myself at being a master of the obvious.:D

Good bounce back win for the Cats.

 

Now get ready for Monday's game.

 

Miller played very well.

 

I didn't see the game, but his box score line looks like this:

 

33 minutes, 13 points (2nd behind Meeks), 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, 0 turnovers, 3 fouls.

 

Sounds like a pretty productive game.

I didn't see the game, but his box score line looks like this:

 

33 minutes, 13 points (2nd behind Meeks), 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, 0 turnovers, 3 fouls.

 

Sounds like a pretty productive game.

 

He actually had a 4 point play in the second half I believe.

 

Would have had a few more nice assists but I know of one that Patterson blew.

 

He played very well:thumb:

Yeah, because there's no way he could ever be saying stuff when the camara isn't on him....:rolleyes:

 

What I mean is most coaches are up giving instructions to their players. It was just my observation. I like BCG as a coach.

Just curious is there a Fire BG website yet? I am not saying there should be, but wanted to know if there is one.

Anyone else feeling like Meeks is going to become the next Acie Law (sp?) with BCG while at T A&M?

 

Although it won't be a one man offense like it was there because Meeks has a lottery pick in Patterson...

Just curious is there a Fire BG website yet? I am not saying there should be, but wanted to know if there is one.

 

If not are you going to invest in it ? :lol:

I hope the guards he's recruited for next year can give some immediate help....and Patterson stays for another year. This team has a promising future, but they're weak at PG right now.

I watched alot more than the game today. I watched BCG every time tv showed him. Is it just me or did anyone else notice that unlike other coaches Gillispie just sits there or squats and says nothing. No coaching, no instruction whatsoever. Im really starting to wonder if the man knows what he is doing?

 

See Tubby Smith...

I watched alot more than the game today. I watched BCG every time tv showed him. Is it just me or did anyone else notice that unlike other coaches Gillispie just sits there or squats and says nothing. No coaching, no instruction whatsoever. Im really starting to wonder if the man knows what he is doing?

 

The whole "coach sitting" is overrated as an excuse for a team not playing well or someone not knowing what they are doing. Billy G knows what he's doing and works hard at it.

UK has another tune up game Monday similar to this one. Im guessing Longwood will have a few more athletes and be able to play a little bit more pressure D. PP needs to come out and have a monster game before we head to sin city

How embarrassing that we tried to score at the end of the game. Thats just another indication. When playing a team like this you dribble the clock out.

 

I was kinda thinking the same thing. I was straight across the floor from the assistant coaches at UK and the PG was looking lost, confused not knowing what to do with 5 seconds and the coaches looked at him with some stern and yelled at him to push it up the floor, yet they hid their motions with their playsheets like they were ashamed to say it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.