November 23, 200817 yr I watched alot more than the game today. I watched BCG every time tv showed him. Is it just me or did anyone else notice that unlike other coaches Gillispie just sits there or squats and says nothing. No coaching, no instruction whatsoever. Im really starting to wonder if the man knows what he is doing? The bald coach appeared to stand up and do all the coaching tonight, I watched it LIVE at RUPP and was wondering why he was doing so much coaching and not BCG. Either way, BCG is a fine coach, he just needs people to get and stay behind this UK team and stay positive let him coach.
November 23, 200817 yr I hope the guards he's recruited for next year can give some immediate help....and Patterson stays for another year. This team has a promising future, but they're weak at PG right now. Patterson really needs to stay for one or more years, IMO he's not ready for the next level at all. I liked his new 'do' makes him look taller and stronger.
November 23, 200817 yr How embarrassing that we tried to score at the end of the game. Thats just another indication. When playing a team like this you dribble the clock out. I didn't mind it too bad. Well, at least I wouldn't have minded a walkon trying to score.
November 23, 200817 yr If not are you going to invest in it ? :lol: :lol: I like to keep my options open...
November 23, 200817 yr Why did BCG put in K. Galloway for all of 11 seconds? How does he expect the young man to learn how to play at this level if he's just going to play 11 seconds at a time!?!? I thought it was tacky that he showed him up like that. Calling a timeout and not even talking to the team so that he could take him out after 11 seconds. I'm not sure why Gillespie gets a free pass on some of things he does.
November 23, 200817 yr Darius Miller really showed alot today. I know it was Delaware St. but he showed that he is good enough to play D1 ball. Just wish he would shoot the rock when he has an open shot.
November 23, 200817 yr Darius Miller really showed alot today. I know it was Delaware St. but he showed that he is good enough to play D1 ball. Just wish he would shoot the rock when he has an open shot. Miller and Meeks played the best, the rest struggled IMO. Miller is good enough to be a starter on that team.:ylsuper:
November 23, 200817 yr Not a great win, but not terrible either. And I'll take any win right now. Meeks looks good, Miller looks great, but PP just isn't back to where he was last year IMO. He seems to be getting frustrated and maybe not working like he should. Anybody else seeing that? Unless he really turns it on, I see him coming back next year, which could make it a REALLY exciting year. Liggins Meeks Miller Patterson Orton With Hood, Steveson, and Pilgrim coming off the bench. Anyway, we all saw the difference last year between the first of the year and the end. I expect we'll see similar this year. And like someone else said, we've only lost one game we shouldn't have.
November 23, 200817 yr The TV broadcast said Galloway is not getting PT because he turns it over way too much in practice. They said he got taken out so quickly because he did exactly what he was told not to.
November 23, 200817 yr No doubt it is better to build on a win than a loss. A poster earlier stated that this team needs some games like this to build on, correct problems and I agree. No, I don't think that we looked great by any stretch at all. I do think that D. Miller looked pretty good though. A win is a win. This team has a long way to go, that is obvious. There is imo no doubt that BCG will get them playing on a good level and ready to make some noise by the SEC schedule and especially in the post season. GO BIG BLUE!!!
November 23, 200817 yr Miller had a nice game today. :thumb: He absolutely did. I was at the game and walked away very impressed with Miller. I think we saw just a little of what he is capable of doing. This kid hustles his tail off on both sides of the floor and though just a Freshman, he showed great leadership (something the Cats are in desperate need of) Once he gets more experience and adjust to the college game, I think he will be a very exciting player to watch the next few years.
November 23, 200817 yr Not a great win, but not terrible either. And I'll take any win right now. Meeks looks good, Miller looks great, but PP just isn't back to where he was last year IMO. He seems to be getting frustrated and maybe not working like he should. Anybody else seeing that? Unless he really turns it on, I see him coming back next year, which could make it a REALLY exciting year. Liggins Meeks Miller Patterson Orton With Hood, Steveson, and Pilgrim coming off the bench. Anyway, we all saw the difference last year between the first of the year and the end. I expect we'll see similar this year. And like someone else said, we've only lost one game we shouldn't have. I think Patterson did look a little frustrated at times but he seemd to be working hard. I think he is not 100% recoverd from his injury. He moves great vertical but looks as if he is having trouble moving lateral. Meeks is unreal. If he continues to work hard and can stay healthy, the sky is the limit for him. He is fast becoming one of my favorite Wildcat players.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.