Rubik's Cube

billwilliams70

I have been solving since March and have a PB of about 31-32 seconds with an average of about 51 seconds.

I have about 20 or so different twisty-type puzzles and with the different tiles/stickers for them, I have spent well over $500 on cube related items this year. It seems like everytime I see a cube and I've got extra money to spend, then I have to get it.

I will say that I am going to be saving up for the new V-Cubes. The V-Cube company makes 5x5x5, 6x6x6, and 7x7x7 cubes. The company is based out of Greece and if you're going to buy all three, you'll be out $125+ and that is not counting shipping....but the better the American dollar does against the Euro, the cheaper it will be.

Before I left for the Navy in '82 I found a book with (about) 26 steps to solving it. I learned them and could solve it without looking at the cube. I had to leave the cube at home when I left for boot camp and forget the steps. I wish I could find them again. All I can find now require you to look at the cube and make moves based on what you see.

Also, I don't know if I've gotten dumber with age, but the first set of how to's was very simple. I have trouble understanding what I find now.

I have been solving since March and have a PB of about 31-32 seconds with an average of about 51 seconds.

I have about 20 or so different twisty-type puzzles and with the different tiles/stickers for them, I have spent well over $500 on cube related items this year. It seems like everytime I see a cube and I've got extra money to spend, then I have to get it.

I will say that I am going to be saving up for the new V-Cubes. The V-Cube company makes 5x5x5, 6x6x6, and 7x7x7 cubes. The company is based out of Greece and if you're going to buy all three, you'll be out $125+ and that is not counting shipping....but the better the American dollar does against the Euro, the cheaper it will be.

Eek! 31-32 seconds? Yikes!!!!!

Later.

I first solved it in college, about '83 I think. My best is 1:15. A little vaseline inside helps with speed. I went several years without working one, but I think it's etched in my brain. I keep one on my TV now, so when I get bored I grab it. Plus if I see one in a store unsolved, I have to take a minute to fix it.

And like a previous post said, you get to where you don't even have to look at it. Once you move to the next step, a quick glance lets you know what to do. I've done the last 30 or so moves behind my back when somebody is watching. Just to make them mad! lol

I first solved it in college, about '83 I think. My best is 1:15. A little vaseline inside helps with speed. I went several years without working one, but I think it's etched in my brain. I keep one on my TV now, so when I get bored I grab it. Plus if I see one in a store unsolved, I have to take a minute to fix it.

And like a previous post said, you get to where you don't even have to look at it. Once you move to the next step, a quick glance lets you know what to do. I've done the last 30 or so moves behind my back when somebody is watching. Just to make them mad! lol

Let me say that vasoline is NOT something that you want to use inside your cubes. Vasoline can get chunked together inside the different crevasses and eventually make it hard to turn. The best stuff to get is silicone spray and more specific would be CRC spray from Wal-Mart or some other place like that. I need to get some but I have been using a silicone gel that I bought from someone from Hawaii and it comes in a syringe. LOL. If you go get the CRC spray, remember to do it in a well ventilated place because the fumes can get fairly strong.

Also, if anyone wants to get into speedcubing, I would advice getting a DIY cube type A, D, or E. These are the best spped cubes (A being the absolute best) because you can take the center caps off and set your desired tension making it turn the way youo want.

And like I've said to folks before, if you have a cube that you don't want anymore, please don't throw it away but you should send them to me ;):thumb:;):thumb:;):thumb:;):thumb:

Well, I picked one up recently and all I can do is just one face/side. Its getting ridiculous, I'm either going to shatter it, or give it to SMH.

:lol:

I have broke many cubes in my day.

All different colors, pictures, textures, countries of origin, years, makes and models.

I can usually break one within about 17 seconds of trying to solve it.

My personal record was a complete shattering in 4.8 seconds.