Kentucky at Alabama

colonel-fan

Who wins?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Kentucky's defense is great as long as they're not playing against the spread.

Luckily for us, Alabama doesn't run a spread offense.

Even though Kentucky really hasn't faced a team of the caliber of Alabama, I still think they can stop 'Bama.

UK's defense has improved drastically against the spread. For example, had UK played this exact Western team two or three years ago the Toppers would have put up 24+ points and over 300 yards, as it stands UK held them to under 200 yards and only 5 passing yards.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it really hurts for us to be without Micah Johnson and Randall Cobb among others. Those 2 are big time talents for us and to be missing 2 players like that is tough. Let alone Ricky Lumpkin and Justin Jeffries. That being said I think our defense can hold them down. The key will be getting some 1st downs offensively, and avoiding 3 a lot of 3 and outs. We aren't going to score every drive, maybe not hardly ever, but 3 and outs will really hurt our defense if that happens constantly. I think UK will be competitive, but eventually fall.

20-13 Alabama

I agree it's a different team but to keep discrediting this team is a joke. They defense has played really well and they get no credit or respect.

I guess I just don't see the reason to already count out this team when they are a good team and it's another week and a half before this game. I know they haven't played a big team yet or one to Alabama's caliber but we'll just have to wait and see.

SV, I agree with you 100%...Sure, our offense hasn't been as good as last years..We know that..But, it's been much better than Tennessees, Auburns, SCarolinas, etc...But, I guarantee you, if we had Auburn written across our chest, we'd be getting alot more respect, when, in reality, our defense has been every bit as good as those teams and probably a little better and our offense has clearly been better...It's all a perception and political when it comes to college football...Remember how everyone was talking how great USC was and they were dominant and unbeatable and how they would have a cake walk to the BCS championship...Now they got beat, the same talk surfaces about Oklahoma and Alabama...and the thing is, it'll continue to change from week to week...What Bama has accomplished to date is solid, but, I think everyone will agree that Clemson was overhyped and as good as they were in the 1st half vs Ga, they were completely outplayed in the 2nd half.. Were they domonant vs a mediocre Tulane team? Absolutely not.. All I'm saying is that all these so called fans that are drinking the Crimson Kool-Aid and media hype, need to only look at Florida, Georgia, USC, Ohio St, etc.. If UK comes out and plays up to there potential, I have no doubt they'll be right in the thick of it till the end..Now, if they come out and don't execute or turn the ball over a few times, then they could get whitewashed, but, that can be said for any team on any given day...

Bama 24

UK 13

Bama has a great team and should easily take care of my Cats. UK could sneak out with a win if Bama is still riding that Georgia win. As long as you've got 11 players, you've got a chance...

This game should be a great measuring stick as to what type of team UK has this year. We honestly have played no one so far this season. Win or lose, I'm excited to see UK play some top competition.

Keep believing Cat Fans...Monroe got us at home last year. Ole Miss upset the Gators at the swamp. I didn't see that game but hope to catch a replay.

The Cats experince at QB/WR has got to hurt them, but there is a reason you play the game.

Being #2 now in the season surprises the Bama faithful. Nothing fancy just no mistakes and experince in the QB/OL positions.

I have experinced 6 national Championships and like the B-Ball Cats/Cards fans will tell you there is nothing like it.

Its there right in front of us and even though we are ranked this high...the Cats upset us at home and they will get a ranking and who knows what can happen.

If our coaches don't focus hard on this game I'll be very surprised and things I'm reading/hearing is Coach Saban is focused.

45-7 Bama