Kentucky at Alabama

colonel-fan

Who wins?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Coach Saban was asked about being ranked # 2.

He asked the reporter..."what is the date September 29th or 30th. You are asking me about rankings in September? Does anyone care about the rankings now? Can you tell me who was # 2 last year on September 30th? (no body could) Did it matter who it was? Who led the marathon at the halfway point in Bejing this past summer, anybody know? (again no body did) All that matters is where you finish and thats all I worried about and thats Kentucky this saturday".

Boy I liked what I saw and heard.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well,I just hope that Bama don't jump at a big lead like they did at Georgia. If that happens, then this game will be over.

I just hope that the UK's D will hold them in check and give the Offense time to move the ball and put some points on the board.

But all in all I just don't think UK have enough horses to stay with Bama.

I say Bama 17,UK 10 and thats being nice. GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bama should win this one with ease. UK's lack of offense will finally be exploited this week.
This is what I have been trying not to admit all week. I hope with everything in me that we can play respectable defense and that fate will smile on us enough so that our offense will put up some points and our special teams will not suck too much.

But in the end, I keep coming back to this thought that our offense is unproven and could be exploited big time. If that happens and if we make a few mistakes on D, it could get ugly.

We are leaving early Friday morning, be back Tuesday, if the Cats beat us I'll be back in 09...:scared:

^^^^Have a safe trip. Walk around and talk to the older Bama fans and you will surprised how nice they are. Most have fond memeories of Kentucky because Coach Bryant always spoke highy of the state. The younger fans...well you understand.

Our seats are in the Kentucky section as they were the last few times we have gone to the Bama/UK games.

We are leaving early Friday morning, be back Tuesday, if the Cats beat us I'll be back in 09...:scared:

^^^^Have a safe trip. Walk around and talk to the older Bama fans and you will surprised how nice they are. Most have fond memeories of Kentucky because Coach Bryant always spoke highy of the state. The younger fans...well you understand.

Our seats are in the Kentucky section as they were the last few times we have gone to the Bama/UK games.

Good luck with that:thumb:

Wireman, the last game at our home we sat in front of some CatFans and they wasn't too nice. Using language in front of my wife/8 year old but thats been the only time. And we all know you have rude fans at every school. Georgia fans were showing us we are number 1 when they were leaving the stands.

Everyone...if Bama loses and it can happen, read Wireman's avatar feel free to give it to me really good, because in person I'll be getting it from all angles.

I only know a handful of Bama folks, but their only concern this year has been depth. I didn't get to see a lot of the Georgia game, but the Bulldogs did score a bunch in the second half. Maybe I'm reading something into that, that isn't there.

But, here's to our Cats keeping it close until the forth quarter, and pulling it out. Go Big Blue.

Kentucky is catching Alabama in the perfect spot coming off being sky high to play Georgia between the hedges.

Offensively, Kentucky will have difficulty scoring because of their inability to stretch the field vertically or horizonally from the wide receiver positions. The running game, as a result, will be non-existent. Kentucky's hope is to have Derrick Locke or one of the speed backs break a long run or two. There will be no consistent yardage gained by the offense.

Kentucky's defense is very good. The injuries and lack of SEC necessary depth will take its toll on the Wildcat defense as the game progresses.

I don't think Alabama will light up the scoreboard offensively, either. I predict this will be a defensive struggle early with both coaches playing the field position game. More field goals than touchdowns. As the game progresses I hope the young Kentucky team can keep their composure on the road in the tough SEC, but realistically I would think that Alabama would pull away late.

The good news is.......Kentucky is very competitive and could steal a game against one of the upper echelon SEC teams. I can't think it is this game and my hope is for the Cats to avoid injuries so they can be full strength against South Carolina and Arkansas coming into Commonwealth Stadium in the next two weeks. Those games are much more doable for the Wildcats.

I would guess: Alabama 30 Kentucky 9