Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Billy Packer out as CBS commentator

Are you glad that CBS has replaced Billy Packer? 95 members have voted

  1. 1. Are you glad that CBS has replaced Billy Packer?

    • Yes. Anybody is better than him
      66%
    • Yes, but I wish they had gotten somebody better than Clark Kellogg
      28%
    • No. I always though Billy Pakcer did a very good job.
      5%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

:thumb: I should have added a poll, who is glad that Packer is out and who is not, imo would be the most one sided poll in bgp history :lol:. Untill 98 said that he liked him, I didn't think that anyone did.

 

I'm also not just saying that because of his anti-UK attitude - I honestly just think he is a terrible announcer that says alot of stupid stuff and alot of stuff that makes no sense.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm glad. I don't mind Kellog. My luck Packer will wind up doing only SEC games.:irked:

 

I was thinking the same thing....:lol:

Please say it ain't so :scared:, Doc, now you know that if he does then you can be blamed don't you? :D
I get blamed for alot. But this one I pray doesn't come to pass. Jefferson Pilot Sports or whomever the carrier would lose me as a listener, I'd watch, but turn the volume down.

Anyone would be better than Billy P(ACC)ker

:thumb: I should have added a poll, who is glad that Packer is out and who is not, imo would be the most one sided poll in bgp history :lol:. Untill 98 said that he liked him, I didn't think that anyone did.

 

 

Poll is added.

Was it because of the comment "This one's over" with 8 minutes to go in the NC/KS game?

I believe he said that in the first half (but I could be wrong).

  • Author
I'm also not just saying that because of his anti-UK attitude - I honestly just think he is a terrible announcer that says alot of stupid stuff and alot of stuff that makes no sense.

 

:thumb::thumb: Same here Wireman.

  • Author
I get blamed for alot. But this one I pray doesn't come to pass. Jefferson Pilot Sports or whomever the carrier would lose me as a listener, I'd watch, but turn the volume down.

 

I did that with practically all of his on CBS.

Now if we could only get rid of that other guy,what's his name?

First Gumbel off NFL Network and now this?

 

Like I said about Gumbel, you dream about a day like this, but when it comes you're not quite prepared for the overwhelming joy!

 

:thumb::thumb::laugh::laugh:

 

I ams till on the fence with Kellogg. Sometimes he can be good, but he is better than pACCker.

Now if we could only get rid of that other guy,what's his name?

 

Jim Nantz?

I liked Billy Packer.

 

I am almost afraid to admit it...but I have always liked Packer. I liked him even more when he put Mr. Wildcat on "One Shining Moment". I cannot really explain it as a UK fan but I just have. We may be the only two.

I believe he said that in the first half (but I could be wrong).

 

You are probably right.

He also had the alternative life style "you misunderstood me" mini-blowup when Don Imus was having his racist major blowup last year.

I do know he said it sometime relatively early when the game could still swing. It made Corporate America (a.k.a. "The Sponsors") angry because people were changing the channel after the comment.

Maybe he can go spend some time hanging out with Imus.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.