Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Billy Packer out as CBS commentator

Are you glad that CBS has replaced Billy Packer? 95 members have voted

  1. 1. Are you glad that CBS has replaced Billy Packer?

    • Yes. Anybody is better than him
      66%
    • Yes, but I wish they had gotten somebody better than Clark Kellogg
      28%
    • No. I always though Billy Pakcer did a very good job.
      5%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

ESPN reports that CBS analyst Billy Packer will not do the CBS - NCAA basketball games of the week this season. That is the good news. Bad news is that he is being replaced by Clark Kellog.

At least we have Packer gone......:banana:

 

I certainly do not wish any bad health or things like that on "the man that invented college basketball" but I am absolutely thrilled that Billy Packer will not be doing the games.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a big Clark Kellogg fan, so I don't mind at all that he's going to be doing games. Great news, IMO.

 

What is the reason for Packer's leaving?

Mixed feelings on this.

Couldn't stand Packer and his mouth, but will kind of miss the familiar voice.

All in all, glad he's gone and think Kellog is a great replacement.

Was it because of the comment "This one's over" with 8 minutes to go in the NC/KS game?

  • Author
I am a big Clark Kellogg fan, so I don't mind at all that he's going to be doing games. Great news, IMO.

 

What is the reason for Packer's leaving?

 

They (espn) didn't say, only that Packer would not be doing the games this season. Kellog can be o.k., I just get tired of his descriptions like....."spurtability" and stuff like that. Kellog will definately be welcomed by me over Packer (just about anyone would), there were some games where I had to turn the game off or mute the t.v. with him calling it.

First Gumbel off NFL Network and now this?

 

Like I said about Gumbel, you dream about a day like this, but when it comes you're not quite prepared for the overwhelming joy!

  • Author
Was it because of the comment "This one's over" with 8 minutes to go in the NC/KS game?
DC it looks like you nailed this one, I don't care what the reason was.......I am just glad that he's gone!

The only scary thing is that he may go to somewhere else :irked:

 

I liked Billy Packer.
I believe that you would make one.

 

I had always thought that the dislike of Billy Packer was one of if not the only thing that all of BGP agreed on. :lol:

I'm glad. I don't mind Kellog. My luck Packer will wind up doing only SEC games.:irked:

ESPN reports that CBS analyst Billy Packer will not do the CBS - NCAA basketball games of the week this season. That is the good news. Bad news is that he is being replaced by Clark Kellog.

At least we have Packer gone......:banana:

 

I certainly do not wish any bad health or things like that on "the man that invented college basketball" but I am absolutely thrilled that Billy Packer will not be doing the games.

 

I couldn't be happier. Packer is terrible.

 

:dancingpa

  • Author
I'm glad. I don't mind Kellog. My luck Packer will wind up doing only SEC games.:irked:

 

Please say it ain't so :scared:, Doc, now you know that if he does then you can be blamed don't you? :D

Probably just made too much $$$ and CBS woke up and realized he wasn't worth the dough.

  • Author
I couldn't be happier. Packer is terrible.

 

:dancingpa

 

:thumb: I should have added a poll, who is glad that Packer is out and who is not, imo would be the most one sided poll in bgp history :lol:. Untill 98 said that he liked him, I didn't think that anyone did.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.