Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Euton/Jackson Appeals

Featured Replies

Let me ask you this question. Let's say you have a son that is a pretty good football player. All of a sudden the place where you are employed closes their doors, and you are forced to relocate somewhere around the Covington/Cincinnati area. Don't you think you would carefully choose which school you would enroll your son, one with a good football program, that would be most beneficial to your son?

 

It may not be, but I can assure you the reason for moving for both are legit. If your son was a star basketball player, and you were forced to move to the Lexington-Scott Co. area, where would you enroll your son?

 

I beleive that KHSAA rules need to be amended when dealing with transfers. The way they read they hurt more student athletes than they intend to. In this case yes the Dad said some things in the media he should not have said. Let's think about this for a minute, if someone was moving from another state and looking for a school and they had kids that plays sports or maybe is strong in band, do you not think they should look at more than just the academic side. Or would you suggest they just move and let the chips fall where they may. Any normal person is going to shop around for a school district that fits there needs before they move. So tell me what is the difference (just asking). If these kids had a legitimate change of address, and no one from Scott County can be proven to have actively recruited these kids then let them play. Just my opinion.

 

Exactly, if there is no open recruiting, I have no problem. Would any good parent not look into all aspects of the schools in an area they were moving to. Academics, Athletics, Disciplinary issues and Opportunities for the students growth in that system would all be reviewed by me if I were to transfer to a new area. If there is a legit move, let them play!!!!

 

If they were recruited, two years no playoffs and 4 years probation for school.

 

I say make the transfers more transparent and student friendly, but the penalties for recruiting/ cheating more severe.

  • Replies 132
  • Views 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I ask you why?

Maybe because he doesn't play basketball.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Maybe because he doesn't play basketball.:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Or, maybe because he does.:sssh:
And refute your double talk? Why would I do that?
Double talk?

 

I'm dealing with reality ... you're throwing out hypotheticals.

I won't argue that. They obviously are close, and wanted to continue to play together.
Fine, then ... so question me on the point I'm making, not some point you wonder if I'm trying to make.

I'm not going to get on this message board and bash a school but I have my reasons.

Exactly, if there is no open recruiting, I have no problem. Would any good parent not look into all aspects of the schools in an area they were moving to. Academics, Athletics, Disciplinary issues and Opportunities for the students growth in that system would all be reviewed by me if I were to transfer to a new area. If there is a legit move, let them play!!!!

 

If they were recruited, two years no playoffs and 4 years probation for school.

 

I say make the transfers more transparent and student friendly, but the penalties for recruiting/ cheating more severe.

 

:thumb::thumb:

Do you even know anything about the Jackson situation? I think he has a very good chance.
YES.... IF your refering to the older brother,maybe not if your refering to some other Jackson situation.

 

All I know is I overheard someone at the 64th District tourny telling that they were both leaving and going to Scott Co. I will not call this someone a coach he might be,might be a stat guy but he does sit on the bench with the coaches, thats about a month before any moves were made. Just another instance in this mess where someone else should have kept their mouth shut.

I can answer that. Nope.

 

Baby Powder works for chaftness.

There is a perception, right or wrong, that these moves were planned well in advance and aren't necessarily for the reasons for which they are being portrayed. That is one reason the moves have been so controversial.

Say Clay would have said the same things about Berea. Would everyone be up in arms?
I'm sure the fans whose teams have to compete with Berea might be ...

Would we have the Scott Co. supporters on here crying foul if Dakotah and Chad ended up there?
If they were, wouldn't that be a bit hypocritical?
Fine, then ... so question me on the point I'm making, not some point you wonder if I'm trying to make.

 

 

What in the world are you talking about? I simply questioned what you were saying you were sure about. In the post you quoted, old ball coach seemed to be implying that there really wasn't a personal reason that the Jacksons had to leave Rose Hill, and I wasn't sure if you were agreeing to that or not.

What about Austin Flannery, the third member of Euton/ Jacksons AAU team that transferred to Scott County about the same time, is he eligible?

What about Austin Flannery, the third member of Euton/ Jacksons AAU team that transferred to Scott County about the same time, is he eligible?[/quote]

 

No.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.