Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Euton/Jackson Appeals

Featured Replies

It is foolish not to believe some form of recruiting existed from someone in this case (not saying Scott Co. at all). But it is naive to contend that all 3 kids from the same AAU team end up at the same high school at the same time and it was just what was best for the families????? I have no problem with the transfer rules and however KHSAA wants to make them but my problem has always been with the enforcement of them. They do not always apply to individuals the same way. How many kids have had to sit a year for legit transfers because of the SS's ruling. I will bet the number is huge. I can think of 4 within 40 miles of my locale. All I am saying is use some common sense, adhere to the rules after investigation and stick to them firmly. If the KHSAA does that then all 3 are ineligible! If it walks, talks and smells like a duck then it is most likely a duck.

  • Replies 132
  • Views 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I read threads like this one, it reminds me why our society needs attorneys and judges.

 

It’s amazing how people can read the exact same details and all come up with different interpretations filtered through their own biases and agendas.

 

Several have come right out and alleged “recruiting” but can’t state exactly how that happened… other than to say it smells funny. To the best of my knowledge, a funny smell in and of itself has never won a case in court.

 

There are many school teams across Kentucky with a half dozen or more members of the same AAU team playing together. If SC is not guilty of “recruiting” any single one of them, they cannot be guilty of “recruiting” all of them. If SC didn’t recruit, it’s not recruiting.

 

If it’s not recruiting, and there was a “bona fide change of address” the KHSAA shouldn’t be responsible for “why” a family chooses to move to a new school district. They have their hands full policing their own member schools. It really shouldn’t be their business to police the motives of families. Did a kid’s family actually move or not? Did the family have a realistic reason or motive for their move OTHER than simply athletics? That should be the end of their responsibility.

When I read threads like this one, it reminds me why our society needs attorneys and judges.

 

It’s amazing how people can read the exact same details and all come up with different interpretations filtered through their own biases and agendas.

And judges and attorneys are void of this problem, that is why we don't have to have trials, appelet courts, supreme courts and overturned appeals.:rolleyes:

And judges and attorneys are void of this problem, that is why we don't have to have trials, appelet courts, supreme courts and overturned appeals.:rolleyes:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

We don't disagree. This is far more complicated than it needs to be.

 

If the KHSAA is going to err, they should err in favor of each individual child every time there is even a grain of doubt. IMO, that's who they should be most concerned with.

 

There's a truckload of grains involved in both these cases.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

 

We don't disagree. This is far more complicated than it needs to be.

 

If the KHSAA is going to err, they should err in favor of each individual child every time there is even a grain of doubt. IMO, that's who they should be most concerned with.

 

There's a truckload of grains involved in both these cases.

:thumb: I understand what you meant, but I just had to comment on your example.

It is foolish not to believe some form of recruiting existed from someone in this case (not saying Scott Co. at all). But it is naive to contend that all 3 kids from the same AAU team end up at the same high school at the same time and it was just what was best for the families????? I have no problem with the transfer rules and however KHSAA wants to make them but my problem has always been with the enforcement of them. They do not always apply to individuals the same way. How many kids have had to sit a year for legit transfers because of the SS's ruling. I will bet the number is huge. I can think of 4 within 40 miles of my locale. All I am saying is use some common sense, adhere to the rules after investigation and stick to them firmly. If the KHSAA does that then all 3 are ineligible! If it walks, talks and smells like a duck then it is most likely a duck.

 

Very well said. I agree 100 percent

Some schools seem to get players eligible, no matter what the case is. It wouldn't surprise anyone if they win the appeal.

Edited by STRIKE3
to comply with Rule #13

LN, I don't disagree with a single thing you said...except NO ONE is telling these parents where they can and cannot send their children to school.

 

Technically you are correct, but I think we need to be realistic here. If one is to believe that athletics is or can be a very, very important part of the educational process, then the KHSAA's decisions as to eligibility can have a major impact on school choice, don't you think? But I agree with you that the KHSAA is not telling these parents where they can and cannot send their children, but rather where they children can and cannot participate in athletics.

It is foolish not to believe some form of recruiting existed from someone in this case (not saying Scott Co. at all). But it is naive to contend that all 3 kids from the same AAU team end up at the same high school at the same time and it was just what was best for the families????? I have no problem with the transfer rules and however KHSAA wants to make them but my problem has always been with the enforcement of them. They do not always apply to individuals the same way. How many kids have had to sit a year for legit transfers because of the SS's ruling. I will bet the number is huge. I can think of 4 within 40 miles of my locale. All I am saying is use some common sense, adhere to the rules after investigation and stick to them firmly. If the KHSAA does that then all 3 are ineligible! If it walks, talks and smells like a duck then it is most likely a duck.

 

If I'm ever a defendant, man I hope you are not on my jury.

Technically you are correct, but I think we need to be realistic here. If one is to believe that athletics is or can be a very, very important part of the educational process, then the KHSAA's decisions as to eligibility can have a major impact on school choice, don't you think? But I agree with you that the KHSAA is not telling these parents where they can and cannot send their children, but rather where they children can and cannot participate in athletics.

 

I understand your point, but you and I have both stated that academics come first and that is what will prevail here. (Not that I don't believe that at least one of the rulings will be overturned.)

I say let em play. Let Scott Co load em up. Let Scott County transfer their way into being #1 preseason in the state.

 

It is the standard at Scott County. Impact transfers are a way of life in Scott County. I have no problem with that. To each their own.

 

Myself, I am an underdog man. Give me a "Rodney Dangerfield" team to root for. As a matter of fact I think there are a few giant killers out there in the state.

 

I say let the "red heat" load up, and bring em on!!!!!!! Makes for a great challenge.

 

I'll take the rest of the state against Scott Co. Any takers???????

This is not about academics. Never has been, never will be.

 

It’s all about the schools and the money. The kids are merely coal that makes that engine steam… and that is wrong… very wrong.

I'll be waiting for your PM with baited breath.;)

 

Spindoc, is that a picture of Dakota when he was young?

Spindoc, is that a picture of Dakota when he was young?

Nope, that's little spindoc. Dakotah wasn't that short at 8y.o.

  • Author
I say let em play. Let Scott Co load em up. Let Scott County transfer their way into being #1 preseason in the state.

 

It is the standard at Scott County. Impact transfers are a way of life in Scott County. I have no problem with that. To each their own.

 

Myself, I am an underdog man. Give me a "Rodney Dangerfield" team to root for. As a matter of fact I think there are a few giant killers out there in the state.

 

I say let the "red heat" load up, and bring em on!!!!!!! Makes for a great challenge.

 

I'll take the rest of the state against Scott Co. Any takers???????

 

I agree they should let them play. It was good to see Donovan get to play for Franklin Co. last year. There are transfers everywhere. Its the right of parents to do what they choose. I am guessing that his family seen the great job Coach Chalk was doing with Franklin Co. and let that affect their decision. It may have not been the main reason to move though.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.