Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Euton/Jackson Appeals

Featured Replies

I can't stand rules that penalize the 90% of people that do things right because 10% of the people do things wrong. Thus in my opinion, it is absolutely ridiculous to have rules in place that penalize every school, every coach, every parent and every kid for the bad actions of some. As a person that has managed hundreds of employees, I learned a long time ago not to punish all of them because a few of them didn't do the proper thing. Its a poor sign of a person's management abilities to do otherwise. Its an acknowledgement, in my opinion, that a manager can't manage when he/she has to have punitative rules covering everyone due to the actions of a few.

 

I don't want to lose my ability to purchase a drink in a bar/restaurant because some yahoo drinks too much and drives. I don't want to have a governer installed on my car because some yahoo speeds recklessly. I don't want to lose my right to have a gun just because some yahoo uses his irresponsibly. I don't want to lose any of my rights just because some people abuse theirs. And I certainly don't want to lose the parental right of choosing the best school for my child after I move because some people suspect recruiting happens from time to time. I am willing to concede that, in some circumstances, my rights must be restricted when there is a legitimate, pressing societal need. Worrying about a level playing field and worrying about which programs win too many state championships are not such pressing societal needs except in the eyes of administrators, coaches and other adults that hypocritically are themselves overly concerned about winning games and state championships.

 

Enforce more rigorously the recruiting rules, increase the enforcement and compliance staff (which I believe I have read on here the KHSAA has done) and increase the penalties for programs that engage in recruiting. Ban for LIFE any coach found to have recruited. Force schools to be their own compliance force by giving the death penalty (but allow kids to transfer to another school without loss of eligibility, if the death penalty is imposed so the kids are not punished). Punish the wrongdoers; do not punish those doing no wrong.

  • Replies 132
  • Views 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will both be playing for a state championship at Scott. Co. when the reg. season rolls around. Rose hill does not have a chance. The question should be who will be playing for runners up!

 

I am curious if you meant "Rose Hill doesn't have a chance to have a strong team this year" as another poster interpreted your statement or something else. My initial reaction was that you were saying "Rose Hill doesn't have a chance to keep these guys from gaining eligibility". It is my understanding that Rose Hill isn't opposing the move and acknowledges it as legitimate. Can you elaborate exactly what you meant by your post?

Edited by bobbyfleet
grammar

I meant they did not have a chance this season winning....I think they lost another starter to another school. I agree, I think they acknowledge it is legitimate. Thanks for clearing it up for me!

I meant they did not have a chance this season winning....I think they lost another starter to another school. I agree, I think they acknowledge it is legitimate. Thanks for clearing it up for me!

 

What does the up coming RH team have to do with the eligibility of Euton and Jackson?

I Watched them play this summer and your right they looked a little rough around the edges but they have all the peices and I am sure they will put it together. And yes I know its just summer games but one could only imagine??

 

Are you talking about RH?

I watched Scott County play and talking about RH losing 3 key players.

Edited by STRIKE3
edited content

Who cares.... they are young boys..... let them play..... they deserve it...... Everyone needs to take care of their own and leave this alone..... jealous.. These are good kids that work hard at what they do. If any of our childern were given the chance to do what they have done and what they are going to do we would do just the same. Then they would be others talking the same and you would be defending your child.

Who is the 3rd player to leave Rose Hill?

I can't stand rules that penalize the 90% of people that do things right because 10% of the people do things wrong. Thus in my opinion, it is absolutely ridiculous to have rules in place that penalize every school, every coach, every parent and every kid for the bad actions of some. As a person that has managed hundreds of employees, I learned a long time ago not to punish all of them because a few of them didn't do the proper thing. Its a poor sign of a person's management abilities to do otherwise. Its an acknowledgement, in my opinion, that a manager can't manage when he/she has to have punitative rules covering everyone due to the actions of a few.

 

I don't want to lose my ability to purchase a drink in a bar/restaurant because some yahoo drinks too much and drives. I don't want to have a governer installed on my car because some yahoo speeds recklessly. I don't want to lose my right to have a gun just because some yahoo uses his irresponsibly. I don't want to lose any of my rights just because some people abuse theirs. And I certainly don't want to lose the parental right of choosing the best school for my child after I move because some people suspect recruiting happens from time to time. I am willing to concede that, in some circumstances, my rights must be restricted when there is a legitimate, pressing societal need. Worrying about a level playing field and worrying about which programs win too many state championships are not such pressing societal needs except in the eyes of administrators, coaches and other adults that hypocritically are themselves overly concerned about winning games and state championships.

 

Enforce more rigorously the recruiting rules, increase the enforcement and compliance staff (which I believe I have read on here the KHSAA has done) and increase the penalties for programs that engage in recruiting. Ban for LIFE any coach found to have recruited. Force schools to be their own compliance force by giving the death penalty (but allow kids to transfer to another school without loss of eligibility, if the death penalty is imposed so the kids are not punished). Punish the wrongdoers; do not punish those doing no wrong.

 

LN, I don't disagree with a single thing you said...except NO ONE is telling these parents where they can and cannot send their children to school.

Oh, make no mistake, I'm not chafed. I just think your retorts and disdain for Rose Hill is classic. And for what it's worth, I don't have a dog in this fight. You don't know the names of the Jackson boys with the exception of Chad. You more than likely have never uttered a word to any of them. If the article hadn't mentioned Joy as the mother's name, you wouldn't have known it either. So to pretend you have some insider info because you heard it from someone who was speculating like the rest of the paranoid 16th region was is again, comical. And you have made no bones about how you feel about Rose Hill. I recall this post from the original Jackson thread:

bobbyearl
All District

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 428


icon1.gif

Quote:
TheMole

You blew it at no dog line, your a Rose Hill supporter. Should have ended that short novel with "WAKE UP AMERICA" EARL PITTS OFF

user_offline.gifinfraction.gif report.gif ip.gif progress.gif

And it's no secret your allegiance lies with a district foe. And please, we've also been down that road with players "not from Boyd Co." like Frank Lee and so on. If you'd like to PM me and talk about what you think you know, feel free.

 

You speak of speculation, arent you speculating who I know or what I know? I will PM later when time permits, but I honestly think we have a better shot at WORLD PEACE:D

You speak of speculation, arent you speculating who I know or what I know? I will PM later when time permits, but I honestly think we have a better shot at WORLD PEACE:D

I'll be waiting for your PM with baited breath.;)

I'll be waiting for your PM with baited breath.;)

 

So that is how you catch all of those fish.:D

Where will he be playing at next season?

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Not for sure heard it from some Scott County fans in a side conversation.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.