Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Euton/Jackson Appeals

Featured Replies

They may both get to play but going by the Rules they both should have to sit out a year. Everyone knows they transferred because of Basketball and to say other-wise is just being unrealistic. If there allowed to play this will open it up to any kid who wants to transfr to anywhere for basketball reasons will have to be allowed to do so. I hope the state doesn't let these to players and there parents break the rules just to satisfy there basketball needs.

I thought this horse was dead. Suppose some are still putting the quarters in it.

  • Replies 132
  • Views 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may both get to play but going by the Rules they both should have to sit out a year. Everyone knows they transferred because of Basketball and to say other-wise is just being unrealistic. .

 

 

You obviously have no idea of the situaiton, and going by the rules, they both should be allowed to play.

The rules state that you can't transfer because of basketball reasons. When the dad made all his public comments about why they chose Scott Co. all those reasons were basketball reasons. If the dad would not have made thosae comments I truly believe he would have had no problem in being eligible. I'm just against all the transferring that takes place .

Edited by mcpapa
Rule 13

You're sure of what?
I'm sure it's no coincidence that both Euton and Jackson ended up at Scott County ...
The rules state that you can't transfer because of basketball reasons. When the dad made all his public comments about why they chose Scott Co. all those reasons were basketball reasons. If the dad would not of made thosae comments I truely believe he would have had no problem in being eligable. I'm just agaionst all the transferring that takes place .

 

 

Let me ask you this question. Let's say you have a son that is a pretty good football player. All of a sudden the place where you are employed closes their doors, and you are forced to relocate somewhere around the Covington/Cincinnati area. Don't you think you would carefully choose which school you would enroll your son, one with a good football program, that would be most beneficial to your son?

I'm sure it's no coincidence that both Euton and Jackson ended up at Scott County ...

 

 

It may not be, but I can assure you the reason for moving for both are legit. If your son was a star basketball player, and you were forced to move to the Lexington-Scott Co. area, where would you enroll your son?

I beleive that KHSAA rules need to be amended when dealing with transfers. The way they read they hurt more student athletes than they intend to. In this case yes the Dad said some things in the media he should not have said. Let's think about this for a minute, if someone was moving from another state and looking for a school and they had kids that plays sports or maybe is strong in band, do you not think they should look at more than just the academic side. Or would you suggest they just move and let the chips fall where they may. Any normal person is going to shop around for a school district that fits there needs before they move. So tell me what is the difference (just asking). If these kids had a legitimate change of address, and no one from Scott County can be proven to have actively recruited these kids then let them play. Just my opinion.

It may not be, but I can assure you the reason for moving for both are legit. If your son was a star basketball player, and you were forced to move to the Lexington-Scott Co. area, where would you enroll your son?
There are a lot of good programs in the Lexington area ... plenty of good choices for parents to send their kids.
There are a lot of good programs in the Lexington area ... plenty of good choices for parents to send their kids.

And I suppose Scott Co. isn't one of them.

And I suppose Scott Co. isn't one of them.
Didn't say that at all ...
There are a lot of good programs in the Lexington area ... plenty of good choices for parents to send their kids.

 

 

You avoided answering my question. :D

Didn't say that at all ...

You didn't have to. But they had a choice, just as you would have in the same scenario. They chose one on the list, if Scott Co. is on the list.

You didn't have to. But they had a choice, just as you would have in the same scenario. They chose one on the list, if Scott Co. is on the list.
Amazing, though, how Scott County seems to land most of the high-profile transfers ... I simply don't think it's a coincidence.
You avoided answering my question. :D
I don't have a specific answer. Frankly, there are several good programs in Lexington, not to mention Clark County and Madison Central ...
Amazing, though, how Scott County seems to land most of the high-profile transfers ... I simply don't think it's a coincidence.
Yep, I really wish they'd have chosen Berea.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.