Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Euton/Jackson Appeals

Featured Replies

Yep, I really wish they'd have chosen Berea.
Don't think there was any chance of that happening ...
  • Replies 132
  • Views 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think there was any chance of that happening ...
What would the difference have been? Say Clay would have said the same things about Berea. Would everyone be up in arms? Would we have the Scott Co. supporters on here crying foul if Dakotah and Chad ended up there?
What would the difference have been? Say Clay would have said the same things about Berea. Would everyone be up in arms? Would we have the Scott Co. supporters on here crying foul if Dakotah and Chad ended up there?
If you want to counter with a realistic argument, go right ahead ...
I don't have a specific answer. Frankly, there are several good programs in Lexington, not to mention Clark County and Madison Central ...

 

 

So how can you blame a kid's parents for chosing the one that they thought was best?

So how can you blame a kid's parents for chosing the one that they thought was best?
Who said I was blaming them for anything? I simply said it wasn't a coincidence that both Euton and Jackson ended up at Scott County.
Who said I was blaming them for anything? I simply said it wasn't a coincidence that both Euton and Jackson ended up at Scott County.

 

 

I won't argue that. They obviously are close, and wanted to continue to play together.

If you want to counter with a realistic argument, go right ahead ...

And refute your double talk? Why would I do that?

Amazing, though, how Scott County seems to land most of the high-profile transfers ... I simply don't think it's a coincidence.

 

Why is it wrong that a lot of high profile transfers end up at Scott County? If people are relocating into the area, why wouldn't they want to attend the school that has one of the strongest basketball programs in the state?

Why is it wrong that a lot of high profile transfers end up at Scott County? If people are relocating into the area, why wouldn't they want to attend the school that has one of the strongest basketball programs in the state?

Careful LN!:sssh:

Posted by yours truly on March 19th:

 

From what I've seen and heard, the move by the Eutons was/is totally above board. Job lost, relocated. I fail to see a problem here.

 

However, playing devil's advocate, there are those who obviously, right or wrong, real or imagined; believe that Euton and Jackson are joined at the hip. As a result, SHOULD Jackson find his way into the Scott County school system, there will be those who say that the smell test isn't passed. Again, right or wrong, real or imagined. And I don't think that there should be a lot of idle speculation on that front until something "official" happens. Then, and only then, maybe a "Jackson thread" will be warranted.

 

Not having firsthand knowledge, I am not in any position to comment on the Euton-Jackson connection (real or imagined). There are a lot of folks that are close enough to the Rose Hill program to do that. Again, I see no issue with the Eutons' move.

The rules state that you can't transfer because of basketball reasons. When the dad made all his public comments about why they chose Scott Co. all those reasons were basketball reasons. If the dad would not have made thosae comments I truly believe he would have had no problem in being eligible. I'm just against all the transferring that takes place .

 

 

And the bolded part indicates your bias in this situation, does it not? The by laws permit transfers to be eligible if an exception is satisfied, whether you and everyone else is against all the transferring. Unless the rule is changed, transfers should be eligible if an exception is satisfied, regardless of whether people are unhappy with all the transfers or not. We have to abide by the rules as they are whether we like the rules or not. And to be fair, the bona fide change of residence exception is needed, or else a whole lot of kids would unfairly be deprived of a year of eligibility (maybe their senior year) if the exception was not permitted.

Careful LN!:sssh:

 

Why? If there is recruiting going on, then it should be reported to the KHSAA, investigated and addressed. I get so irritated that so many people just "know" that any program that gets high quality transfers illegally recruits. "Smell tests", "gut feelings" and the like have zero place in the determination of eligibility or accusations of wrong doing by a program.

Why? If there is recruiting going on, then it should be reported to the KHSAA, investigated and addressed. I get so irritated that so many people just "know" that any program that gets high quality transfers illegally recruits. "Smell tests", "gut feelings" and the like have zero place in the determination of eligibility or accusations of wrong doing by a program.

Oh, I agree with you 100%. Just the usual suspects don't. Again, my contention is that any sane parent in the same situation would weigh the schools in the district/area that they are destined for with an eye on whatever their kids are interested and active in.

It may not be, but I can assure you the reason for moving for both are legit. If your son was a star basketball player, and you were forced to move to the Lexington-Scott Co. area, where would you enroll your son?

 

If I had a son I would not enroll him at Scott County. No way. But that's just me.

If I had a son I would not enroll him at Scott County. No way. But that's just me.

Can I ask you why?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.