Jennings To Play In Europe

MBWC41

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent points muddled by his love for the race card. I'm around over 100 of these student athletes on a regular basis, and 99% of them are doing just fine...

You can't simply ignore the race factor when it comes to colelge basketball/football , education, and pro sports.

This draft was filled with kids who had zero interest in their education. They would have been in the NBA out of high school if allowed. That's the point . Why force kids who don't want to attend college into the mirage of being a student-athlete?

You can't simply ignore the race factor when it comes to colelge basketball/football , education, and pro sports.

This draft was filled with kids who had zero interest in their education. They would have been in the NBA out of high school if allowed. That's the point . Why force kids who don't want to attend college into the mirage of being a student-athlete?

It's the NBA forcing them to decide, not the NCAA. Why? Because bad GMs couldn't resist guys that were more hype than substance, and by the time the young guys were seasoned, their contracts were up and they left said bad team. If they don't want to go to school, they don't have to in any way, shape or form. Europe or the D League have been an option since the rule was instated.

I think he's selling young African-American males short, and taking the easy way out to play the race card...

It's the NBA forcing them to decide, not the NCAA. Why? Because bad GMs couldn't resist guys that were more hype than substance, and by the time the young guys were seasoned, their contracts were up and they left said bad team. If they don't want to go to school, they don't have to in any way, shape or form. Europe or the D League have been an option since the rule was instated.

I think he's selling young African-American males short, and taking the easy way out to play the race card...

What's the problem with the following statement:

The NCAA needs to be blown up. It pimps mostly black basketball and football players to provide welfare to sports played by mostly white athletes. In exchange, the football and basketball players get a half-baked shot at an education they're not prepared for upon arrival and a long-shot audition for pro scouts.

What's the problem with the following statement:

The NCAA needs to be blown up. It pimps mostly black basketball and football players to provide welfare to sports played by mostly white athletes. In exchange, the football and basketball players get a half-baked shot at an education they're not prepared for upon arrival and a long-shot audition for pro scouts.

Would he rather these "unprepared" and "not so good" black kids face the alternative?

How many college freshman are prepared for what they have to face after high school? 50%? I highly doubt it. I know I wasn't. Why not just dump the college system all together?

Think Angelo Craig is worse off for going to UC, facing adversity, getting a degree and being drafted with long odds of having an extended pro career?

Whitlock is a racist, and his drivel is more often than not quite annoying...

Would he rather these "unprepared" and "not so good" black kids face the alternative?

How many college freshman are prepared for what they have to face after high school? 50%? I highly doubt it. I know I wasn't. Why not just dump the college system all together?

Think Angelo Craig is worse off for going to UC, facing adversity, getting a degree and being drafted with long odds of having an extended pro career?

Whitlock is a racist, and his drivel is more often than not quite annoying...

I'm afraid you're being naive. There are different levels of "preparedness" and while you feel you weren't prepared you were infinitely more prepared socially and academically than many of these kids .

Of course, there are exceptions. No one wastes time arguing that.

The NCAA talks out both sides of its mouth. It proudly throws "student athlete" crap at us and , on the other hand, lets kids into schools that are not qualified to succeed academically. He's dead on in his comment that I posted. The NCAA takes these kids because they produce revenue , thus, they're pimps. Why sugarcoat it?

Racist? Hardly. He's an equal opportunity offender. Ask Sean Taylor's family and friends.

I'm afraid you're being naive. There are different levels of "preparedness" and while you feel you weren't prepared you were infinitely more prepared socially and academically than many of these kids .

Of course, there are exceptions. No one wastes time arguing that.

The NCAA talks out both sides of its mouth. It proudly throws "student athlete" crap at us and , on the other hand, lets kids into schools that are not qualified to succeed academically. He's dead on in his comment that I posted. The NCAA takes these kids because they produce revenue , thus, they're pimps. Why sugarcoat it?

Racist? Hardly. He's an equal opportunity offender. Ask Sean Taylor's family and friends.

Whitlock is a racist. Nothing you will say can change my mind on that. The guy has a plutonium race card in his wallet.

How about Marty Gilyard from UC. He wasn't prepared for college, and after a year was without a scholarship. He lived in his car, worked four jobs to pay for school, and did the work required to get back on the team.

How about the kids that jumped early, weren't ready to be millionaires, lasted a year or two and by the time their short career was over they were in debt to the eyeballs with nowhere to turn.

If Whitlock wants to point fingers, point it at the NBA. They don't want the kids right out of high school. And for good reason...

Whitlock is a racist. Nothing you will say can change my mind on that. The guy has a plutonium race card in his wallet.

How about Marty Gilyard from UC. He wasn't prepared for college, and after a year was without a scholarship. He lived in his car, worked four jobs to pay for school, and did the work required to get back on the team.

How about the kids that jumped early, weren't ready to be millionaires, lasted a year or two and by the time their short career was over they were in debt to the eyeballs with nowhere to turn.

If Whitlock wants to point fingers, point it at the NBA. They don't want the kids right out of high school. And for good reason...

Please stop with the examples. No one, including Whitlock, has said its 100% universal.

Regarding the kids that jumped, that simply proves his point. They're not there to get an education. They're there because that's the way they've been told they have to go in order to get to the League.

He's also not saying the NBA is not to blame. That's not the argument. Again, the NCAA takes kids that aren't qualified to be college students. You're too smart to a)be naive to think otherwise and b)think that the colleges are doing it to help the youngsters. Its a self-serving act . They see green so they say "come on in."

Can you be a racist if you don't exclude your own race from public criticism?

Whitlock is a racist no question about it. He makes some good points at time but pulls the race card way to often.

I bet if BGP had been around in the 60s, this board will be filled with "That King guy is a racist. He's always complaining."

Please stop with the examples. No one, including Whitlock, has said its 100% universal.

Regarding the kids that jumped, that simply proves his point. They're not there to get an education. They're there because that's the way they've been told they have to go in order to get to the League.

He's also not saying the NBA is not to blame. That's not the argument. Again, the NCAA takes kids that aren't qualified to be college students. You're too smart to a)be naive to think otherwise and b)think that the colleges are doing it to help the youngsters. Its a self-serving act . They see green so they say "come on in."

Can you be a racist if you don't exclude your own race from public criticism?

Whitlock wants to blow it up because the system isn't good for maybe .5% of college athletes and rearrange it to hurt the 95.5%. And mainly because that .5% is usually black. Brilliant argument...

Whitlock wants to blow it up because the system isn't good for maybe .5% of college athletes and rearrange it to hurt the 95.5%. And mainly because that .5% is usually black. Brilliant argument...

I'm not following your math but that's irrelevant.

What is the graduation rate for black basketball and football players?

I'm not following your math but that's irrelevant.

It's only the most elite athletes in football and basketball that fit the argument.

What is the graduation rate for black basketball and football players?

Higher than the rate of non athletes...