In 6A can Lexington compete with Louisville?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they have the players but they need to play at a higher level. I think it would be in there interest to beef up there schedules with consistency and try to get as many match ups with top 10 teams outside of the region as possible, that will help prepare them for a shot at Trinity.

I think they have the players but they need to play at a higher level. I think it would be in there interest to beef up there schedules with consistency and try to get as many match ups with top 10 teams outside of the region as possible, that will help prepare them for a shot at Trinity.

I think that is a very fair assessment. With regard to the win over Shawnee - we all know the adversity that team faced last year. I do not think that is hardly a harbinger of success to come. They do have the atheletes.

Trinity, St. Xavier and Male are on another level. Beyond that Lexington's schools are just as good as Louisville schools in 6A. What have the other Louisville schools done recently of note? The answer is the same as the Lexington 6A schools, nothing. The biggest misnomer is that Lexington 6A schools can't compete with Louisville 6A schools when in reality no one competes with Trinity (in the playoffs recently) and St. Xavier and Male is just a notch below but well infront of other Louisville schools.

I agree with all of the above. Just wanting more competition from the Bluegrass region..... The idea of stronger scheduling would be a step in the right direction as well. Yes it may yield more L's however, if lessons are learned, they very well could make a more competitive team come November...

Kids want to play for winners and that is what Louisville elite football programs offer year in and year out, not just in 6A any more either. The schools from Louisville have tradition, facilities and great coaching to help maintain there winning ways. Lexington schools will need to improve there imagine as loosing to the L'ville schools when it counts. Until that is done on a constant bases Lexington school will stay in the state eyes as second to L'ville schools when it comes to football.

Trinity, St. Xavier and Male are on another level. Beyond that Lexington's schools are just as good as Louisville schools in 6A. What have the other Louisville schools done recently of note? The answer is the same as the Lexington 6A schools, nothing. The biggest misnomer is that Lexington 6A schools can't compete with Louisville 6A schools when in reality no one competes with Trinity (in the playoffs recently) and St. Xavier and Male is just a notch below but well infront of other Louisville schools.

:thumb: I think this is dead on. Manual is probably a little ahead of the Lexington schools as well, but not by much.