In 6A can Lexington compete with Louisville?

Tiger paw,

I have a really hard time buying into your arguement that Fern Creek would dominate the other districts, because of the following:

2007 vs. Ryle (7-5) LOSS 10-55 @ Fern Creek

2006 vs. Conner (3-7) LOSS 0-12 @ Fern Creek

2005 vs. Ryle (7-4) WIN 21-20 @ Ryle

1-2 vs. NKY 6A teams the past three years, and the lone win was a squeeker against a Ryle team who was far from the best.

Most years the Lex schools are easily on par with the NKY big schools, and in recent years Henry Clay has been on a different level.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiger paw,

I have a really hard time buying into your arguement that Fern Creek would dominate the other districts, because of the following:

2007 vs. Ryle (7-5) LOSS 10-55 @ Fern Creek

2006 vs. Conner (3-7) LOSS 0-12 @ Fern Creek

2005 vs. Ryle (7-4) WIN 21-20 @ Ryle

1-2 vs. NKY 6A teams the past three years, and the lone win was a squeeker against a Ryle team who was far from the best.

Most years the Lex schools are easily on par with the NKY big schools, and in recent years Henry Clay has been on a different level.

Go back and read the entire thread please! Fern Creek was an example because its a school I know the most about. I said A JEFFERSON COUNTY SCHOOL and I still believe MOST 6A schools in Jefferson County would win those districts I mentioned, the majority of the time if they were in them.

We are talking about Lexington Teams and the MAJORITY of the teams out in the state in 6A I never said their weren't ANY good 6A teams out in the state their are but over the long haul L'Ville teams would come out ahead against Lexington teams and they would do it the majority of the time.

And what are you basing your Henry Clay being "on a different" Level on? Look at HC's schedule the last few years, do you honestly think the 6A schools in L'ville wouldn't do as well or BETTER than HC has done playing that schedule?

Did anyone on their shedule have a winning record? Boone Cty maybe did and WC ,but pretty sure they aren't even 6A! Where is the indication Henry Clay is on a different level. I need someone to point that out for me. Seriously tell me what makes HC on a different level?

Go back and read the entire thread please! Fern Creek was an example because its a school I know the most about. I said A JEFFERSON COUNTY SCHOOL and I still believe MOST 6A schools in Jefferson County would win those districts I mentioned, the majority of the time if they were in them.

We are talking about Lexington Teams and the MAJORITY of the teams out in the state in 6A I never said their weren't ANY good 6A teams out in the state their are but over the long haul L'Ville teams would come out ahead against Lexington teams and they would do it the majority of the time.

And what are you basing your Henry Clay being "on a different" Level on? Look at HC's schedule the last few years, do you honestly think the 6A schools in L'ville wouldn't do as well or BETTER than HC has done playing that schedule?

Did anyone on their shedule have a winning record? Boone Cty maybe did and WC ,but pretty sure they aren't even 6A! Where is the indication Henry Clay is on a different level. I need someone to point that out for me. Seriously tell me what makes HC on a different level?

Actually Boone County is in 6A, we played them at Trinity in the playoffs last year.

One more thing how did you Henry Clay do in Lexington at the 7 on 7? Not a smart alleck comment I just don't know, I know they were there but hadn't heard.

There were three L'Ville teams in the final 8 I know, Fern Creek, Male and Manual. I know Chester and Greenville both made it as well so that is 5. Were any Lexington schools in the other 3?

Which Jefferson County team would win those districts aside from Male or Manual? Obvously not Fern Creek or Ballard because their track record the past few years proves that...PRP? Eastern? Butler?

If you are adamanent that the other Jefferson County schools would be dominant in the rets of the state show me one of them who actually defeated a Top 10 calibur non-district opponent.

For my money, the dropoff after Male and Manual is HUGE... and the next best team in Jefferson County doesn't play in 6A, they play in 3A :sssh:

Which Jefferson County team would win those districts aside from Male or Manual? Obvously not Fern Creek or Ballard because their track record the past few years proves that...PRP? Eastern? Butler?

If you are adamanent that the other Jefferson County schools would be dominant in the rets of the state show me one of them who actually defeated a Top 10 calibur non-district opponent.

For my money, the dropoff after Male and Manual is HUGE... and the next best team in Jefferson County doesn't play in 6A, they play in 3A :sssh:

AMEN!!!

:thumb:

I would love to see all the Louisville teams and all the Lexington teams work out a bowl series that would rotate between Lexington + Louisville to kick off the season each year. You could make it a two day event and even throw like a Scott Co or John Hardin in there if you don't have enough teams. I think it would be great for football in the state.

I would love to see all the Louisville teams and all the Lexington teams work out a bowl series that would rotate between Lexington + Louisville to kick off the season each year. You could make it a two day event and even throw like a Scott Co or John Hardin in there if you don't have enough teams. I think it would be great for football in the state.

Would we include the private schools as well, Stick?

I would love to see it either way!

Then you missed the major point of my post. Go to KHSAA and look at the 3A state championship game every year from 1959 to 1974, for 15 straight years a Jefferson County School WON it ALL. If it was not Flaget, St X or Trinity it was a public Jefferson County School.

From '59-'74 AAA was exclusively Jefferson County schools. The city champions played the county champion for the state championship.

One more thing how did you Henry Clay do in Lexington at the 7 on 7? Not a smart alleck comment I just don't know, I know they were there but hadn't heard.

There were three L'Ville teams in the final 8 I know, Fern Creek, Male and Manual. I know Chester and Greenville both made it as well so that is 5. Were any Lexington schools in the other 3?

Manual beat Lexington Catholic in the final 4