Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where is Wilson Sears?

Featured Replies

Also, with St X, hasn't Indiana middleschools recently accused them of coming and recruiting their middle school players? Not saying they are, but the allegations upset a lot of people.

 

Yes, one fellow did (and his name doesn't warrant mention), that said, Deuce Finch was the kid mainly in question. He is a Southern Indiana product who plays at St. Xavier, yet his father holds a senior position with the Indian school system in Southern Indiana, yet he felt it to be in his son's best interests to go to X. That's all I need to know.

  • Replies 82
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, one fellow did (and his name doesn't warrant mention), that said, Deuce Finch was the kid mainly in question. He is a Southern Indiana product who plays at St. Xavier, yet his father holds a senior position with the Indian school system in Southern Indiana, yet he felt it to be in his son's best interests to go to X. That's all I need to know.

 

There's an Indian school in Southern Indiana?

Here is the thing. Private schools are dominating in a lot of sports and some schools have a lot of advantages over public schools. They are able to attract talent (not necessarily by recruiting). A lot of public schools would like to seperate public and private like a lot of states do to equal out the playing field. Can you blame them? I am against a seperation, but I see both sides to the story.

 

How many states separate public and privates?

LMB, just FYI every kid on the team dresses out for varsity games at LexCath. The hundred, or more, you observed at Bell County included MANY boys who never get on the playing field. I think it's a testament to the coaches that so many kids remain on the team who don't get to play much...that included a good number of the 30+ seniors last fall.

There's an Indian school in Southern Indiana?

 

Yes. Its leader is chief Whining Branch.

How many states separate public and privates?

 

I know Tennesee does. I am not sure what other states do, but I would imagine a lot states with big city schools do that where there is a lot of private schools to form their own leagues. I am not for it, btw, but I do think there is 2 sides to the story.

LMB, just FYI every kid on the team dresses out for varsity games at LexCath. The hundred, or more, you observed at Bell County included MANY boys who never get on the playing field. I think it's a testament to the coaches that so many kids remain on the team who don't get to play much...that included a good number of the 30+ seniors last fall.

 

Bell Co. for one also dresses every kid. And FYI, all of those guys do not get to play either. But my point is there is a lot more to choose from and most schools can't compete with that causing public schools to be upset. And with the constant rumbling of recruiting it makes it worse, even though it may not necessarily be true.

I never said that Trinity was giving out scholarships. I am saying that LCA was and got caught, making a lot of people upset.

 

The whole taxpayer scholarship argument is ridiculous BTW. Kids are entitled to a free education at public schools.

 

As for kids transferring or going to a school for athletic reasons, that is obviously the case. So should we try to go through Trinity high school and find all the kids that are just there to play football and suspend them from sports?

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

There's an Indian school in Southern Indiana?

 

Yeah...when they realized they couldn't compete with the privates they started their own school. :D:D:D

 

Now we just play cowboys and indians with them! You Tonto me Jane :lol::lol::lol:

Bell Co. for one also dresses every kid. And FYI, all of those guys do not get to play either. But my point is there is a lot more to choose from and most schools can't compete with that causing public schools to be upset. And with the constant rumbling of recruiting it makes it worse, even though it may not necessarily be true.

IMO, if Bell Co. dresses everyone and it is only 38 players, then you can place the blame in one of two places.

 

1. Lexington area vs. Middlesboro/Pineville area.

 

One is an MSA, as there are just more people who are likely to be involved in programs. This is an advantage that all teams in the bigger cities and urban areas have over the rural areas. It is not limited to a public/private issue, and nor is it the fault of those schools who are in those areas. Now the schools in those areas who don't have numbers approaching 100 (including thier freshmen) are creating thier own problems, and need only look in the mirror.

 

2. Inside the School

Why do some schools have 25% of the boys in school participating in football, while others have only 10%? These are differences school to school, but once again not an issue limited to a public/private issue. Tradition, coaching, discipline, ect. Why does Single A Beechwood have a larger roster than some 6A schools? These reasons need to be looked at as well.

Bell Co. for one also dresses every kid. And FYI, all of those guys do not get to play either. But my point is there is a lot more to choose from and most schools can't compete with that causing public schools to be upset. And with the constant rumbling of recruiting it makes it worse, even though it may not necessarily be true.

LMB, not meaning to jump on you, because I think you understand (from the way I have read your posts in the past) that this isn't a true public-private issue. I'm not trying to insinuate that Coach Hilton and Staff don't do a great job of getting players from the hallways to come out for football.

 

Just curious, out of the 50 players that I saw on the Bell Co. roster I just saw, how many played significant minutes in the Lex Cath game, if you know? I'm sure that injuries are a reason why not all 50 may have dressed. I think that in SOME instances, the number of players on the sideline CAN be an overstated advantage on the field. I'm wondering if the number of players that played significant miniutes is closer than the numbers on the roster or the sidelines?

By the way...all publics are on scholarship by the taxpayers.
Private schools choose to not accept state and federal tax dollars so as to not fall under the guidelines of state and federal laws and regulations concerning schools.

 

A quote from the Guru came to mind when I read this:

 

You can't self impose restrictions on your own school district and then complain that others won't do the same. The practice is not only stupid but it is un-american.
Now we just play cowboys and indians with them! You Tonto me Jane :lol::lol::lol:
For a minute, the mixed references were confusing the heck out of me. :lol:
Private schools choose to not accept state and federal tax dollars so as to not fall under the guidelines of state and federal laws and regulations concerning schools.

 

A quote from the Guru came to mind when I read this:

 

Who on the private school side of this argument is asking for the public schools to accept any restrictions? TD was just pointing out what I also accept, public school students are in effect on a scholarship funded by ALL taxpayers, including private school patrons.

 

And I for one also agree that had any of these students chosen to attend a private school afther their transfer the wailing and gnashing of teeth would be deafening.

LMB, just FYI every kid on the team dresses out for varsity games at LexCath. The hundred, or more, you observed at Bell County included MANY boys who never get on the playing field. I think it's a testament to the coaches that so many kids remain on the team who don't get to play much...that included a good number of the 30+ seniors last fall.

 

Thats exactly the same for X and Trinity.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.