Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Where is Wilson Sears?

Featured Replies

With the recent high profile transfers to Scott County and the possibility of another star transfer to Clark County, where is Wilson?

 

Imagine if these recent transfers decided to transfer to Trinity or another private school:

 

1. Would the media's coverage be any different?

2. Would Wilson Sears' reaction be any different?

3. Would the Athletic Directors' actions be any different?

 

Finally, I believe the transfers to Scott County (public school) left a private school? Why is there not an outcry about the public school stealing the "private school's kids?"

 

I look forward to the responses.

  • Replies 82
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With the recent high profile transfers to Scott County and the possibility of another star transfer to Clark County, where is Wilson?

 

Imagine if these recent transfers decided to transfer to Trinity or another private school:

 

1. Would the media's coverage be any different?

2. Would Wilson Sears' reaction be any different?

3. Would the Athletic Directors' actions be any different?

 

Finally, I believe the transfers to Scott County (public school) left a private school? Why is there not an outcry about the public school stealing the "private school's kids?"

 

I look forward to the responses.

 

Wilson Sears retired at the end of the school year.

With the recent high profile transfers to Scott County and the possibility of another star transfer to Clark County, where is Wilson?

 

Imagine if these recent transfers decided to transfer to Trinity or another private school:

 

1. Would the media's coverage be any different?

2. Would Wilson Sears' reaction be any different?

3. Would the Athletic Directors' actions be any different?

 

Finally, I believe the transfers to Scott County (public school) left a private school? Why is there not an outcry about the public school stealing the "private school's kids?"

 

I look forward to the responses.

 

How is a public school stealing kids from a private school? The families relocated and they are attending the school in the county they live in now. It would not make sense for them to go to another private school because of gas prices and travel time.

How is a public school stealing kids from a private school? The families relocated and they are attending the school in the county they live in now. It would not make sense for them to go to another private school because of gas prices and travel time.

 

That's all fine and dandy, but it doesn't change the fact that these are transfers for athletic reasons. And besides, didn't I read that Euton's dad was working in Fayette Co. now? Wouldn't LCA have made more sense?

Wilson Sears :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

 

I'm with that. During my time in Somerset, I heard a lot of unflattering stories about athlete movement that benefited SHS. Sears is a hypocrite, at best.

That's all fine and dandy, but it doesn't change the fact that these are transfers for athletic reasons. And besides, didn't I read that Euton's dad was working in Fayette Co. now? Wouldn't LCA have made more sense?

 

That still doesn't change the fact that Dakota Euton lives in Scott Co. and goes to Scott Co. Heres the thing, according to the Eutons basketball is not the only reason they relocated, it was because of a job opportunity as well. And as far as I know, no one has heard why the Jacksons have decided to move.

That still doesn't change the fact that Dakota Euton lives in Scott Co. and goes to Scott Co. Heres the thing, according to the Eutons basketball is not the only reason they relocated, it was because of a job opportunity as well. And as far as I know, no one has heard why the Jacksons have decided to move.

 

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You care to elaborate?

 

Sure...I don't believe everything I am told. Not the first time we have seen a kid go to Scott County because the Mom or Dad had a job opportunity come available....oh yeah and we forgot to mention that their kid just so happens to be an OUTSTANDING basketball player. By the way this is no offense to this kid, family or Scott County. Just my opinion on situations like this.

Sure...I don't believe everything I am told. Not the first time we have seen a kid go to Scott County because the Mom or Dad had a job opportunity come available....oh yeah and we forgot to mention that their kid just so happens to be an OUTSTANDING basketball player. By the way this is no offense to this kid, family or Scott County. Just my opinion on situations like this.

 

You are free to think what you want, but they will do an investigation. If no wrong-doing is found its a dead issue.

Log Mountain Boy, do you feel the same way when a private school is found guilty of no wrong doing?

 

The issue here isn't these kids, or this school, specifically.

 

The issue is the hypocricy of the silence when a public school is suspected, or proven to have participated in wrongdoing. Any private school is fair game, even when there are no instances of evidence of wrongdong. They're fair game by the simple virtue of thier existence. And it's galling....simply galling.

I'm with that. During my time in Somerset, I heard a lot of unflattering stories about athlete movement that benefited SHS. Sears is a hypocrite, at best.

 

I have heard the same. I am told Sears was a do as I say guy, not a do as I do guy.

^ Exactly, and that's reason number one why I don't respect him, or the opinons he forced down the naive people's throats.

After retirement I heard he took a part time job as a WalMart greeter. But he only greets public school parents . . .

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.