Where is Wilson Sears?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Log Mountain Boy, do you feel the same way when a private school is found guilty of no wrong doing?

The issue here isn't these kids, or this school, specifically.

The issue is the hypocricy of the silence when a public school is suspected, or proven to have participated in wrongdoing. Any private school is fair game, even when there are no instances of evidence of wrongdong. They're fair game by the simple virtue of thier existence. And it's galling....simply galling.

If you have been reading this board there have been a lot of people upset over these transfers. A lot of people do not want these boys to be allowed to play next year.

The one big issue I see with the private schools is the scholarship situation. LCA was busted for it and it was not right. I am not saying Trinity or St. X or whoever are handing out scholarships that they should not, but it does raise a red flag with what LCA got caught doing.

If you have been reading this board there have been a lot of people upset over these transfers. A lot of people do not want these boys to be allowed to play next year.

The one big issue I see with the private schools is the scholarship situation. LCA was busted for it and it was not right. I am not saying Trinity or St. X or whoever are handing out scholarships that they should not, but it does raise a red flag with what LCA got caught doing.

How long before the Scott County public schools (if there is more than one) and Fayette public schools, boycott Scott County? Based on past actions, it should be coming fairly quickly, don't you think?

The one big issue I see with the public schools is the eligibilty situation. Johnson Central was busted for it and it was not right. I am not saying Dunbar or Hopkinsville or whoever are letting kids be eligible that they should not, but it does raise a red flag with what Johnson Central got caught doing. :sssh:

That still doesn't change the fact that Dakota Euton lives in Scott Co. and goes to Scott Co. Heres the thing, according to the Eutons basketball is not the only reason they relocated, it was because of a job opportunity as well. And as far as I know, no one has heard why the Jacksons have decided to move.

Technically, if the Euton's came out and said "this transfer is for athletic reasons", then wouldn't the KHSAA rule him ineligible? So even if it was, they can't come out and say it?

FWIW, I hate the way that private schools are villainized but all these transfers never really bother me. I went to CovCath, and from the day I stepped into the building I knew I was staying there. My high school built an environment that, totally apart from athletics, was so special that not playing basketball wouldn't make me leave. I guess it is different for someone with big-time potential, but in a way I can't blame a family for looking out for their child's future. I guess it just doesn't bother me too much, I am just more surprised about how many families/kids can just up and leave their high school- for me, it was too special to go anywhere else.

How long before the Scott County public schools (if there is more than one) and Fayette public schools, boycott Scott County? Based on past actions, it should be coming fairly quickly, don't you think?

The one big issue I see with the public schools is the eligibilty situation. Johnson Central was busted for it and it was not right. I am not saying Dunbar or Hopkinsville or whoever are letting kids be eligible that they should not, but it does raise a red flag with what Johnson Central got caught doing. :sssh:

:lol:

I am not familiar with what is going on at Johnson Central so you would have to explain.

As for the whole public/private thing I believe the biggest issue is in football. Teams simply can't compete with St X and Trinity. They have everything one would need to have a great program. Also, with Lexington Catholic, I went and watched them play Bell Co. and LexCath had over 100 players for a 4A team. Bell Co. had 38 players I believe. Its not necessarily a level playing field when a school is all boys and has 1500 students. You have a lot to choose from.

I am not familiar with what is going on at Johnson Central so you would have to explain.

Johnson Central will be on probation for the 2008-09 calendar year and also is required to pay $2,500 in fines to the KHSAA. It was fined $1,500 for the violation of KHSAA Bylaws 10 (recruitment) and Bylaws 6 (transfers) and $1,000 for the cost of the investigation. In addition, head coach Jim Matney will have to sit out the first two games of the 2008 regular season. However, Johnson Central will remain eligible for postseason play.

Also, with Lexington Catholic, I went and watched them play Bell Co. and LexCath had over 100 players for a 4A team. Bell Co. had 38 players I believe.

So you are blaming Lex Cath for the discrepancy? That is laughable.

A brief review of the KHSAA enrollment figures shows that Lex Cath has 447 boys and Bell County has 436 boys. http://www.khsaa.org/football/realignment/schoolenrollmentandnotesuseforrealignment.pdf

You may want to do some research and get your facts straight before you spout that rhetoric again. You're making the public school advocates look bad. :lol:

Trust me...I've been reading this board. If you care to look, I've been a part of these discussions for quite some time on BGP, but not in these specific player's discussions. If you don't think I follow these reports closely, then you don't know what this issue means to me.

I've also been reading the newspapers, and there's nothing of a public outcry over these transfers. However, had these players transferred to LexCath, there'd be editorials, columns on the sports pages of several Kentucky newspapers, message boards would be blowing up with threads.

At this point, I choose to not respond to specific instances that seem a little fishy. The issue is bigger than one player or school. And the issue isn't public=guys in white hats vs. privates=guys in black hats. The issue is the disparity of coverage and the hypocrical way many proponents of public schools consistently seek to cast private schools as cheaters and as having unfair advantages not "available" to public schools.

Well how come I never knew about this scholarship thing when my son attended Trinity. He was even a great athlete. Boy am I gonna give somebody a call :irked::irked: Nobody paid my son's tuition....except his father!

By the way...all publics are on scholarship by the taxpayers.

Face it LMB SOME of these kids are transfering schools for athletics ONLY!!! I don't give a crap what school public or private it is WRONG and should be punished!

By the way....back to Wilson Sears. Don't care where he is or what he is doing.

Johnson Central will be on probation for the 2008-09 calendar year and also is required to pay $2,500 in fines to the KHSAA. It was fined $1,500 for the violation of KHSAA Bylaws 10 (recruitment) and Bylaws 6 (transfers) and $1,000 for the cost of the investigation. In addition, head coach Jim Matney will have to sit out the first two games of the 2008 regular season. However, Johnson Central will remain eligible for postseason play.

So you are blaming Lex Cath for the discrepancy? That is laughable.

A brief review of the KHSAA enrollment figures shows that Lex Cath has 447 boys and Bell County has 436 boys. http://www.khsaa.org/football/realignment/schoolenrollmentandnotesuseforrealignment.pdf

You may want to do some research and get your facts straight before you spout that rhetoric again. You're making the public school advocates look bad. :lol:

I was talking more about St X and Trinity with the big difference in the amount of boys in the school. I was just pointing out the difference and that so many students at LexCath goes for the football program. Its just so hard for public schools to compete with that. I am not saying anything is wrong with it, but thats just how it is.

Also, with St X, hasn't Indiana middleschools recently accused them of coming and recruiting their middle school players? Not saying they are, but the allegations upset a lot of people.

Well how come I never knew about this scholarship thing when my son attended Trinity. He was even a great athlete. Boy am I gonna give somebody a call :irked::irked: Nobody paid my son's tuition....except his father!

By the way...all publics are on scholarship by the taxpayers.

Face it LMB SOME of these kids are transfering schools for athletics ONLY!!! I don't give a crap what school public or private it is WRONG and should be punished!

By the way....back to Wilson Sears. Don't care where he is or what he is doing.

I never said that Trinity was giving out scholarships. I am saying that LCA was and got caught, making a lot of people upset.

The whole taxpayer scholarship argument is ridiculous BTW. Kids are entitled to a free education at public schools.

As for kids transferring or going to a school for athletic reasons, that is obviously the case. So should we try to go through Trinity high school and find all the kids that are just there to play football and suspend them from sports?

Trust me...I've been reading this board. If you care to look, I've been a part of these discussions for quite some time on BGP, but not in these specific player's discussions. If you don't think I follow these reports closely, then you don't know what this issue means to me.

I've also been reading the newspapers, and there's nothing of a public outcry over these transfers. However, had these players transferred to LexCath, there'd be editorials, columns on the sports pages of several Kentucky newspapers, message boards would be blowing up with threads.

At this point, I choose to not respond to specific instances that seem a little fishy. The issue is bigger than one player or school. And the issue isn't public=guys in white hats vs. privates=guys in black hats. The issue is the disparity of coverage and the hypocrical way many proponents of public schools consistently seek to cast private schools as cheaters and as having unfair advantages not "available" to public schools.

Here is the thing. Private schools are dominating in a lot of sports and some schools have a lot of advantages over public schools. They are able to attract talent (not necessarily by recruiting). A lot of public schools would like to seperate public and private like a lot of states do to equal out the playing field. Can you blame them? I am against a seperation, but I see both sides to the story.

Compete with what?

Its hard to compete with a school that draws so much talent. Bell Co.doesn't mind. They will continue to try to beat them, but a lot of public schools are frustrated they don't have the resources a school like LexCath has. I myself would rather see Bell Co. beat a team like LexCath in order to win a state title. It would mean a littl more.