Villa loses:

Westmoreland

Clarke

Bilbo

Hamilton

Love

Stoffer

Creaghead

I think the only other players who played or dressed this year on the varsity level are:

Schuh

Bryan

Schroth

Duggan

Duncan

Trinkle

They lose a lot and I bet Coach Starkey wishes Westmoreland and those seniors could stick around another year or two.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Villa team had played together for years and had 2 big men, this Villa team only has guards.

They really played a lot with only one big... Yeah, Craeghead and Stoffer started the ballgame but after 2 or 3 trips Craeghead had spot duty while Stoffer ran with Love, Bryan, Bilbo, Westmoreland, Hamilton, and rarely Clarke. Everyone else really only saw PT in games that weren't close... So it shouldn't be too much of a transition from 4 guard to 5 guard lineup...

They really played a lot with only one big... Yeah, Craeghead and Stoffer started the ballgame but after 2 or 3 trips Craeghead had spot duty while Stoffer ran with Love, Bryan, Bilbo, Westmoreland, Hamilton, and rarely Clarke. Everyone else really only saw PT in games that weren't close... So it shouldn't be too much of a transition from 4 guard to 5 guard lineup...

I agree and with the schedule they play a lot of the smaller schools don't have any more size than they will really so they will still beat all of them. It will just hurt them more against the schools they'd get beat by anyways.

I agree and with the schedule they play a lot of the smaller schools don't have any more size than they will really so they will still beat all of them. It will just hurt them more against the schools they'd get beat by anyways.

Not to be rude, but if you think that Villa will just be handed a record like they got last season by showing up you have another thing coming... They have one returner, that's it. I think that in DIII they could struggle with Beechwood who still has Schnyder, Romes, and Beuttel; with Calvary, who has that great senior class with Flanigan, O'Keefe, and Glass, and Dayton, who only ran with 2 seniors and the rest sophomore for half of the season.

Not to be rude, but if you think that Villa will just be handed a record like they got last season by showing up you have another thing coming... They have one returner, that's it. I think that in DIII they could struggle with Beechwood who still has Schnyder, Romes, and Beuttel; with Calvary, who has that great senior class with Flanigan, O'Keefe, and Glass, and Dayton, who only ran with 2 seniors and the rest sophomore for half of the season.

Well Beechwood should beat them first of all. Other than that though Blake Bryan is just a whole lot better than anyone else at the smaller schools, and unless the Bellevue's, Calvary's, and Dayton's of the world got some 6'8" transfers then no I don't think going 4 or 5 guards will hurt Villa that much. You need to read what I actually said. The teams that they have a chance at beating (the small schools), aren't that big either, so going with a small lineup shouldn't hurt them much against those teams.

Well Beechwood should beat them first of all. Other than that though Blake Bryan is just a whole lot better than anyone else at the smaller schools, and unless the Bellevue's, Calvary's, and Dayton's of the world got some 6'8" transfers then no I don't think going 4 or 5 guards will hurt Villa that much. You need to read what I actually said. The teams that they have a chance at beating (the small schools), aren't that big either, so going with a small lineup shouldn't hurt them much against those teams.

Oh I read what you said...

I don't think that is the kind of line Villa should be drawing with one player coming back from their rotation last year no matter how good he is... Bryan may be the best player in the conference, but he might not even be the best player in his class in the conference. Villa has a lot more developing to do with their "role players" than the schools I mentioned...

I don't think that is the kind of line Villa should be drawing with one player coming back from their rotation last year no matter how good he is... Bryan may be the best player in the conference, but he might not even be the best player in his class in the conference. Villa has a lot more developing to do with their "role players" than the schools I mentioned...

Bryan is good, but he won't put up half the numbers he did last year. Teams will double and triple team him. I could see a last place finish for the blue lightning.

Bryan is good, but he won't put up half the numbers he did last year. Teams will double and triple team him. I could see a last place finish for the blue lightning.

That's laughable.:lol:

Villa will not smell the D-III title next year, but they certainly won't finish at the bottom either.

So which is it? :confused:

Or are you inferring the jury is still out in this class? Who else ranks near the top?

Villa will not smell the D-III title next year, but they certainly won't finish at the bottom either.

Who finishes below them? Even with Love and their best senior class ever they didn't even finish 2nd in the conference.

I think Beechwood and Calvary will be fighting it out for the Div III Titile next year with Villa in the next group that should include themselves, Bellevue and my sleeper next year, Dayton. Under Coach Tom Dilts direction I like the young talent that the Greendevils have coming back next year.

I think Beechwood and Calvary will be fighting it out for the Div III Titile next year with Villa in the next group that should include themselves, Bellevue and my sleeper next year, Dayton. Under Coach Tom Dilts direction I like the young talent that the Greendevils have coming back next year.

Beechwood and Calvary are good, but even last year Calvary didn't finish 2nd, Bellevue did. I would say Beechwood 1 Calvary 2, and the rest fall into place.

Beechwood and Calvary are good, but even last year Calvary didn't finish 2nd, Bellevue did. I would say Beechwood 1 Calvary 2, and the rest fall into place.

I would agree with you about Beechwood 1st and Cavary 2nd with Dayton just possibly fighting for that number 2 spot. :cool:

I would agree with you about Beechwood 1st and Cavary 2nd with Dayton just possibly fighting for that number 2 spot. :cool:

You never know, Bellevue finished 2nd last season and Villa was the favorite.