St. X 2 Fern Creek 1

Anybody have anything about this game?

Grayson started for X, Burkett for Fern Creek. Fern Creek's Daniel Bracken hits a triple for the only excitement offensively. Golemboski comes in for X in the 6th and 7th. Fern Creek has runners at first and second, one out, left handed ninth hitter up and FC coaches has him bunting. Probably not my first choice but he knows his team better. Golemboski gets off mound, fields bunt and throws out lead runner at third. Bracken up with 2 on 2 out and ball one gets caught by X catcher Amlung and thrown down to Scheler at first, tag applied, and rally thwarted. Bracken never gets to hit.

After 2 out in the bottom of 7th, Brinkman gets hit by pitch, Amlung walks and Zoeller hit pop down the right field line that blows fair. FC RF and 2nd baseman collide in a scary collision as Brinkman scampers home with 8th win for X in their last at bat. Sometimes, it is better to be lucky.

It was SS Cline that hit the flair down the RF line and I believe he had the only other X RBI in the first inning. Granted he didn't crush the ball against FC but he has been byfar one of the hottest Tigers in recent weeks. It was a very scary moment and maybe the most anti-climatic game winning hit I have ever seen. I was just glad to see that both young men for FC were able to walk off the field under their own power. Is there any update on those 2 players from after the game? I think X showed a lot of class by not going crazy after that game winning hit, there wasnt any jumping or shouting. The whole team came out and stood by the 3rd baseline and applauded the 2 players when they were able to make it up. A lot of class was shown by both schools on a very hard fought game.:thumb: