Fleming Co. 8 Powell Co. 6

This is a surprise to me. GRC beat Fleming 10-0 and lost to Powell like 4-0. Powell must be a different team without Brewer on the mound. Although most of those Powell runs shouldn't have happened you see where I'm going with this... Congrats to Fleming.

This is a surprise to me. GRC beat Fleming 10-0 and lost to Powell like 4-0. Powell must be a different team without Brewer on the mound. Although most of those Powell runs shouldn't have happened you see where I'm going with this... Congrats to Fleming.

How shouldn't have those runs scored. I thought it was 3 2 out base hits that plated those first 3 runs while the ace was still on the mound. So I don't see how they shouldn't have happened. And it was 5-0 was the final.

Powell pitched their number 4 pitcher and he had to be pulled in the first inning after he gave up 4 on walks. Other than that Flemming County flat out hit the ball hard all night. Alot better than GRC did.

Sounds similar to the start Powell had @ Breathitt. However, they left their pitcher in for a few innings. The walks, plus a few timely hits by Breathitt, put the Pirates behind and never could catch up.

How shouldn't have those runs scored. I thought it was 3 2 out base hits that plated those first 3 runs while the ace was still on the mound. So I don't see how they shouldn't have happened. And it was 5-0 was the final.

Your right. They got their 5th run on that error later in the game. Well the reason I think those runs shouldn't have scored is because of the catchers' at bat in the scoring inning. He was down 0-2 and Bennett placed the next three pitchers right on the outside corner, all being called a ball. He did not throw a ball in that at bat. Should have been rung up 3 seperate times but the ump for some reason just wouldn't pull the trigger. I can understand missing one, but three in the same at bat back to back to back?

GRC didn't hit the ball at all either so that didn't help...but the score should have been a lot closer(1-0 or 0-0) in those last innings for a chance of a comeback.

BTW, Brewer is a heck of a pitcher and just continues to get better year after year.

Your right. They got their 5th run on that error later in the game. Well the reason I think those runs shouldn't have scored is because of the catchers' at bat in the scoring inning. He was down 0-2 and Bennett placed the next three pitchers right on the outside corner, all being called a ball. He did not throw a ball in that at bat. Should have been rung up 3 seperate times but the ump for some reason just wouldn't pull the trigger. I can understand missing one, but three in the same at bat back to back to back?

GRC didn't hit the ball at all either so that didn't help...but the score should have been a lot closer(1-0 or 0-0) in those last innings for a chance of a comeback.

BTW, Brewer is a heck of a pitcher and just continues to get better year after year.

It wasnt like the catcher walked to score the runs. He hit a double off of Bennett with a full count to score both runners. That was also in the first inning. Kind of hard to blame that at bat for losing 5 to 0? Powell County was the better team on this night...sorry

It wasnt like the catcher walked to score the runs. He hit a double off of Bennett with a full count to score both runners. That was also in the first inning. Kind of hard to blame that at bat for losing 5 to 0? Powell County was the better team on this night...sorry

Was not in the first inning. He grounded out to second in the first inning. If the ump had rung him up like he should then it most likely wouldn't have led to those runs since he started it. But its over now and nothing you can do about it. GRC pulled Bennett out anyways so he was able to pitch tonights district game.

Congrats Powell and good luck the rest of the season. Hope you guys win the region.