Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sheraton commercial?

Featured Replies

As a Louisville fan, there is no bigger rival than UK. We hate UK.

 

Memphis is very natural rival for us though. I believe will begin playing them in Basketball again next season. Historically they are a rival, that they weren't invited to the Big East has hurt that rivalry.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are too young to remember the epic battles that U of L and Memphis had back in the days of the Metro Conference, then you missed out on some great basketball. I remember the Milt Wagner, Billy Thompson, Jeff Hall teams taking on the Lee, Bedford and Baskerville Holmes Memphis squads like it was yesterday. That was good fastpaced basketball.

They (U.L. and Memphis) were huge "conference" rivals but imo U.L. fans would probably consider U.K. their biggest rival overall and pretty much always have.

Just like as a U.K. fan I consider Tennessee and Florida huge conference rivals but U.L. the main overall rival. JMO

 

(no 18% member here, I mean I really despise Duke but I don't consider them a big rival, imo that would take playing each other on a regular basis. I just flat out despise Duke regardless of them being a rival or not, LOL)

 

I agree, I think UK is the biggest rival too. However, the Memphis rivalry is pretty intense and was played before the "dream game".

 

I am with you all though, you got to get UK vs. UofL on there.

My wife considers me a homophobe so I'm glad to see I'm not the only one the guy wiping off the dip bothered.

UL and Memphis, ha, I guess America's biggest rival is the Soviet Union. A cha cha cha.

Syracuse is only 5 years removed from a National Title. They are also 4-2 against the Hoyas the last 4 seasons so they are very worthy of being Georgetown's rival.

 

What have they done since then?

 

Just like everyone states that Kentucky really fell off the map because we weren't contending for titles (besides '05) since the 2003 team was upset by Marquette. Syracuse is coming off two consecutive NIT appearances and Georgetown was in the Final Four last season and won the last two (Am I correct?) Big East titles.

 

If I had to pick, I would say Georgetown is bigger than Syracuse.

Syracuse is not bad either, if they were in another conference (aside from the BEAST) they would be in the tourney.

What have they done since then?

 

Just like everyone states that Kentucky really fell off the map because we weren't contending for titles (besides '05) since the 2003 team was upset by Marquette. Syracuse is coming off two consecutive NIT appearances and Georgetown was in the Final Four last season and won the last two (Am I correct?) Big East titles.

 

If I had to pick, I would say Georgetown is bigger than Syracuse.

 

 

It wasn't about who was bigger, you said that Syracuse hadn't done anything to be considered Georgetown's rival. They've played in the same conference for a long, long time and their series is very competitive. As I said before, no matter where Syracuse finished in the standings they are still 4-2 against Georgetown the last 4 years--their rivalry is very much intact. And that is what the commercial is all about. It would be different if Georgetown had just mopped the floor with the Orange for the last 5 years but that hasn't been the case. Just last season Syracuse finished 10-6 in the BE (no small accomplishment) and the season before that the Hoyas were one of their victims in the Orange's run to the Conference Tourney Title. They have certainly done enough to still be considered a rival of the Hoyas.

If they are making UL and Memphis a rival, they should probably show them as Memphis St. instead of just Memphis.

Peopls wonder why UK gets hated. They said no, because they had no prior realtionship with Sheraton? Who cares. It's a commercial about rivalries. UK is so arrogant, and they have no real reason to be anymore.

Peopls wonder why UK gets hated. They said no, because they had no prior realtionship with Sheraton? Who cares. It's a commercial about rivalries. UK is so arrogant, and they have no real reason to be anymore.

 

 

I agree. That answer makes absolutely no sense to me.

UK does make some stupid decisions. Although I don't know if it has anything to do with arrogance

UK does make some stupid decisions. Although I don't know if it has anything to do with arrogance

Exactly, it is about $.

 

I am not sure if it was an SEC type decision, because there were no other SEC schools. I am not sure if there were any from the Big 12 either.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.